Preview Round 6: Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC DAY, Sunday 25/04/2021 @ 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting last years "practice " games as any sort of form is dangerous.
More that if we asked Bryan to go back, it wouldn't be totally foreign to him.
Not that i think it's needed. Short of bringing Cox back, i think we can cover their backline with Laverde, Francis and Reid.

I think it'll end up being:

Out: Ridley (concussion)
In: Zerk-Thatcher

FB: Francis - Zerk-Thatcher - Laverde
HB: Hind - Reid - Heppell
MF: Langford - Merrett - Ham
HF: Snelling - Jones - Waterman
FF: Stringer - Hooker - McDonald-Tipungwuti
OB: Wright - McGrath - Parish
IC: Smith - Redman - Perkins - Cox
IS: Guelfi

Zerk to take Cox/Cameron, whichever they go with, Laverde to take Mihocek, Reid on Moore and Francis to play more loose than previously.
I like the idea of that. They lose Moore doing that by pushing him forward, we get ours back by going taller at the back.
If it stays dry, we should be a good show.

We are not going to get a better chance to knock off Collingwood. Zerk the obvious replacement for Ridley, and I’d have Jones and Waterman make way for Phillips and Zakka for their 1st games for 2021. I’ve got the team looking something like;-

Francis Zerk Laverde
Redman Reid Hind
Heppell McGrath Ham
Langford Cox Perkins
Stringer Hooker Tippa

2MP Parish Merrett

Bench: Smith Snelling Zakka Phillips
SUB: Guelfi

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are not going to get a better chance to knock off Collingwood. Zerk the obvious replacement for Ridley, and I’d have Jones and Waterman make way for Phillips and Zakka for their 1st games for 2021. I’ve got the team looking something like;-

Francis Zerk Laverde
Redman Reid Hind
Heppell McGrath Ham
Langford Cox Perkins
Stringer Hooker Tippa

2MP Parish Merrett

Bench: Smith Snelling Zakka Phillips
SUB: Guelfi

wide open MCG, i wouldn't drop Waterman. Ideal for him and that left boot.
As forr Jones, Pies backline will be missing Moore and Howe.
This is the sort of game you want him finding a lot of the ball in. Also, it's his first Anzac Day. can't take that away.

This is the sort of game you want him finding a lot of the ball in. Also, it's his first Anzac Day. can't take that away.
Agreed. Just the one change for me.

Jones and Waterman had 12 possessions and 0 goals between them....They have both shown signs at various stages but were ordinary against Brisbane...I’d much rather Phillips who will provide 2MP with support in the ruck against Grundy, and Zakka who provides a wealth of experience play. We will be a much better chance of winning with Zakka & Phillips in the team b4 Waterman and Jones and I reckon the coach staff will see it that way also

Jones and Waterman had 12 possessions and 0 goals between them....They have both shown signs at various stages but were ordinary against Brisbane...I’d much rather Phillips who will provide 2MP with support in the ruck against Grundy, and Zakka who provides a wealth of experience play. We will be a much better chance of winning with Zakka & Phillips in the team b4 Waterman and Jones and I reckon the coach staff will see it that way also

i take no form guide from that game.
It was slip and slide with a football.

this cant be right. & I know it's got to be done, but those advertising logos ruin what otherwise are good looking jerseys

Collingwood seem to regularly competely ignore the jumper rules.

Each team should have a light & dark option. Whichever team has the home-game gets to wear whatever their default jumper is (ours woud be 'dark' given it's a black base with red sash).

How this remains an issue for the AFL every single year, I don't know.

FWIW the GWS clash / dark jersey last weekend was great.

Collingwood seem to regularly competely ignore the jumper rules.

Each team should have a light & dark option. Whichever team has the home-game gets to wear whatever their default jumper is (ours woud be 'dark' given it's a black base with red sash).

How this remains an issue for the AFL every single year, I don't know.

FWIW the GWS clash / dark jersey last weekend was great.
It's Collingwood's home game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is their home jumper a white or black base?

If it's black, then ours should be the red base.
I'm not sure, but I assume the black.

Agree with the point about finding out about Wright but he isn't a first ruck and wasn't recruited to be one. He will be smashed by Grundy. Smashed. Go horses for courses and play Phillips to at least try and compete with Grundy. It actually isn't fair to Wright to play him on quality first rucks. Jones might need a rest soon or if can't get the pill a bit more and that might open up a spot more for Wright so he can play where he was drafted to play.
Agree. I'd even be inclined to look at resting Jones this week at playing Wright forward.

this cant be right. & I know it's got to be done, but those advertising logos ruin what otherwise are good looking jerseys

I know it would never happen, but Anzac appeal should be able to pick two charities they would like to see on guernsey, we wear one, Pies the other. Product placement on ANZAC Day just doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back