Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

I want this sort of stuff to be true more than anything. Unfortunately literally all of it can be explained by an introductory psychology course at highschool. I hate being that guy that just shits on things but 'ME' is really silly.

I want this sort of stuff to be true more than anything. Unfortunately literally all of it can be explained by an introductory psychology course at highschool. I hate being that guy that just shits on things but 'ME' is really silly.

It's so mind bogglingly simple to explain and the mental gymnastics that are required to conflate simple spelling/logic errors as evidence of other universes

Seriously

It's so mind bogglingly simple to explain and the mental gymnastics that are required to conflate simple spelling/logic errors as evidence of other universes

Seriously
I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you're not wrong.

Searching for evidence of it in print and film... Maddening. Why is it mainly text that's affected and not matter? Why isn't my previously green apple merging with a red apple from another universe? I (someone will invariably bring up Mandela as evidence)

Why is it always in media we consume? Why do the people invested in this spend so much time obsessing over cartoon bears when there's work to be done in physics and other fields that might actually get us closer to an answer.

Rather than rely on quantifiable data we are relying on the ever infallible, human brain and it's equally valid evidence, pop culture.

Good stuff.

I'm not annoyed because the concept is stupid, I'm annoyed because the people that seem that interested in solving it go about it in the most stupid way and just hinder the whole investigation.

I might not believe in 'ME' but you're not going to prove it by pointing at some ******* cartoon bears and Dolly Parton.

Get serious about it.

I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you're not wrong.

Searching for evidence of it in print and film... Maddening. Why is it mainly text that's affected and not matter? Why isn't my previously green apple merging with a red apple from another universe? I (someone will invariably bring up Mandela as evidence)

Why is it always in media we consume? Why do the people invested in this spend so much time obsessing over cartoon bears when there's work to be done in physics and other fields that might actually get us closer to an answer.

Rather than rely on quantifiable data we are relying on the ever infallible, human brain and it's equally valid evidence, pop culture.

Good stuff.

I'm not annoyed because the concept is stupid, I'm annoyed because the people that seem that interested in solving it go about it in the most stupid way and just hinder the whole investigation.

I might not believe in 'ME' but you're not going to prove it by pointing at some ******* cartoon bears and Dolly Parton.

Get serious about it.

Every point you've raised here is what goes through my mind

Except the scene with Jaws and the braces girl in that Bond flick...

and tinkerbell!
Like fu** she didnt have stars coming out of her wand as she flew around the screen in those disney into's!!!
I haven't seen any Disney films for a while, but from what I remember that she used to fly around and then land on the D (lol) or Y, then hit her wand on it and it'd be all sparkly or something. Is that what you remember?

I haven't seen any Disney films for a while, but from what I remember that she used to fly around and then land on the D (lol) or Y, then hit her wand on it and it'd be all sparkly or something. Is that what you remember?
yes. Apparently...does not happen, somone here said.
I havent seen one for many years either.

Isn't the 'Mandela Effect' simply a case of remembering something wrong?

Anyone can remember something incorrectly. For example, I watched the 1984 movie Footloose in the late 1980s, didn't see it again for some 15 years and upon re-watching it again in the early 2000s found something interesting. For some reason, I had always thought the movie was set in the early 1960s rather than a contemporary setting of 1984 when it was made, and was surprised to discover how I had remembered it so differently. But it just seems my memory was at fault.

And with the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears case, Berenstein would be a far more common name that Berenstain, so it's not surprising people remembered this small detail incorrectly.

Isn't the 'Mandela Effect' simply a case of remembering something wrong?

Anyone can remember something incorrectly. For example, I watched the 1984 movie Footloose in the late 1980s, didn't see it again for some 15 years and upon re-watching it again in the early 2000s found something interesting. For some reason, I had always thought the movie was set in the early 1960s rather than a contemporary setting of 1984 when it was made, and was surprised to discover how I had remembered it so differently. But it just seems my memory was at fault.

And with the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears case, Berenstein would be a far more common name that Berenstain, so it's not surprising people remembered this small detail incorrectly.

Yes but a large number of people misremembering. Such as Berenstein.

Berenstein is surprising to many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or movie reviews talking about Dolly's braces.
Yep, so telling when it's at the time itself. Because it's obvious we always remember things slightly or muchly different in general, our own lives. But certain cultural things, that pervade our very lives, is not so easily dismissed. Steele, monocles, braces, stein, etc

I've got a bit of an odd one with one of my favorite TV shows 'Everybody Loves Raymond' that drives me crazy.

I swear to God I remember Channel 10 back in the late 1990s used to promote the show with a short scene which went like this:

The Barone family - Raymond, Debra, Marie, Robert and Frank - are in the kitchen and Marie leaves in a huff saying, "Sometimes I think Raymond doesn't even love his Mama," in a typical dramatic way. Raymond protests, "That's not true, Raymond loves his Mama." To this, Frank, Robert and Debra all laugh, and Debra taunts her husband like a schoolgirl mocking a classmate, "Raymond loves his Mama, Raymond loves his Mama!"

ELR was an extremely popular sitcom which ran from 1996-2005 and has been repeated in syndication many times and in many countries. I would have seen every episode of the show a number of times, yet never once have I ever seen that scene in any episode. I've watched special features on the DVD set for ELR which included deleted and alternate scenes, and this did not appear. I've searched Youtube, done Google searches and not a trace of it. Promotional commercials for ELR on Youtube showed clips of the upcoming episode, episodes I remember seeing. It is possible this scene was filmed specifically for adverts for the show, but if it was no trace of it exists now. Back in the days when IMDB had message boards I posted one on the ELR page to see if anyone else remembered it, but nobody did. I thought maybe I just remembered a scene from the show wrongly, but there was nothing close to it.

How is it I remember so vividly a scene from a TV show that most likely never existed in the first place? Does anyone else have any similar experiences or (and I doubt it) remember this too?

I've got a bit of an odd one with one of my favorite TV shows 'Everybody Loves Raymond' that drives me crazy.

I swear to God I remember Channel 10 back in the late 1990s used to promote the show with a short scene which went like this:

The Barone family - Raymond, Debra, Marie, Robert and Frank - are in the kitchen and Marie leaves in a huff saying, "Sometimes I think Raymond doesn't even love his Mama," in a typical dramatic way. Raymond protests, "That's not true, Raymond loves his Mama." To this, Frank, Robert and Debra all laugh, and Debra taunts her husband like a schoolgirl mocking a classmate, "Raymond loves his Mama, Raymond loves his Mama!"

ELR was an extremely popular sitcom which ran from 1996-2005 and has been repeated in syndication many times and in many countries. I would have seen every episode of the show a number of times, yet never once have I ever seen that scene in any episode. I've watched special features on the DVD set for ELR which included deleted and alternate scenes, and this did not appear. I've searched Youtube, done Google searches and not a trace of it. Promotional commercials for ELR on Youtube showed clips of the upcoming episode, episodes I remember seeing. It is possible this scene was filmed specifically for adverts for the show, but if it was no trace of it exists now. Back in the days when IMDB had message boards I posted one on the ELR page to see if anyone else remembered it, but nobody did. I thought maybe I just remembered a scene from the show wrongly, but there was nothing close to it.

How is it I remember so vividly a scene from a TV show that most likely never existed in the first place? Does anyone else have any similar experiences or (and I doubt it) remember this too?
A dream you had once and have mistakingly remembered it as an actual scene? It's happened to me

I've got one with the Simpsons.

For years, I always thought 'Krusty the Clown' was called 'Krusty the Klown', the two K's alliterative and maybe a parody of the title of the 1988 sci-fi/horror film 'Killer Klowns from Outer Space'. But apparently with Krusty, its always been spelled Clown never Klown. I could have sworn I've seen Krusty the Klown, but I must have been mistaken.

But apparently with Krusty, its always been spelled Clown never Klown. I could have sworn I've seen Krusty the Klown, but I must have been mistaken.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Mandela Effect

Another one, this time a song. I was certain years ago that there was a second middle verse to the 1975 ABBA song 'Fernando', but that it was mostly omitted, probably to reduce the length of the song to allow easier radio play. But if there was a forgotten middle verse to Fernando, I can't find a trace of it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back