Autopsy Pigs Arse Jack! Dogs flog Bluebaggers, Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He was in our best, did you watch the WHOLE game?

No he wasnt, the backline apart from Keath were average over the day at best.

One good qrt doesn’t delete 3 poor ones mate.

In the end the backline(apart from Keath) had an adequate day but they got the run around for 2.5 qrts by a very ordinary footy team.

Remember they once caught on camera some guy leaning over the fence in the forward pocket yelling "I could have kicked that", when a player missed from not far out? They found him and brought him in to prove it. He was so nervous he was throwing up (also caught on camera) but he DID kick the goal :D

I remember that, it was that channel 7 show, 4 Quarters, and Johnno was on it.

IIRC it was anthony Rocca who missed the goal from the goal square, and the guy was in the pies cheersquad.

He was a pretty big fella and they made him run a couple of times beforehand, and that is what made him throw up.

Still kicked the goal though!!

Thought Dale had a shocking game. Turned from the best kick in the league to the worst kick in that first half.

He had 27 disposals (20 kicks) at 78% efficiency.

He may have had 8 at 62% in the 2nd quarter but only had 1 turnover in the first half, are you sure you’re referring to the correct player? Not ending up as a turnover is far from the worst kick in the league

He had 27 disposals (20 kicks) at 78% efficiency.

He may have had 8 at 62% in the 2nd quarter but only had 1 turnover in the first half, are you sure you’re referring to the correct player? Not ending up as a turnover is far from the worst kick in the league
Don't know the stats but thats just how it looked from level 1 at the game.

American football has the same problem.

people should learn from the insufferable Piers Morgan who claimed that he could survive facing Brett Lee after watching the petrified English tail enders like Phil Tufnell.

They organised a couple of balls from Brett to him in the nets. The result wasn’t good for Piers- broken ribs from memory. Elite sport is a lot harder than it looks.

people should learn from the insufferable Piers Morgan who claimed that he could survive facing Brett Lee after watching the petrified English tail enders like Phil Tufnell.

They organised a couple of balls from Brett to him in the nets. The result wasn’t good for Piers- broken ribs from memory. Elite sport is a lot harder than it looks.
I saw that. Not sure though what Brett Lee was trying to prove. Could have killed the guy. Must dislike Piers muchly.

I don’t understand how some don’t rate our defence.

We are second for least amount of points conceded after 8 matches.

That makes us the second best defensive team in the AFL.

I think that’s pretty impressive given the injuries to Crozier, Williams and Gardner.

I understand a lot of this has to do with the midfield, but the same could be said about any other team in the competition.

No man is an island, entire by himself. Same could be said about any line in a football team.

This encapsulates my gripe about the Game Day threads perfectly. The over-the-top vitriol expressed against our own players is the problem, not expressing your passion, frustration, disappointment, elation etc.
Not to mention the Coach who regularly cops it for "not having a plan b"...yet has orchestrated two come from behind victories in the first 8 weeks of the season...🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes the delivery to Astro was terrible. So many times he was well in front of Weitering and had to stop and double back because the delivery was over his head. That makes it impossible for any forward.
The only thing Astro stuffed up was the juggled mark over the line.
Weitering was also very good at positioning himself behind Naughton knowing that his strength is to lead up and leap at the ball.

This enabled him to constantly push him under the ball, by fair means or otherwise.

It's no accident that when Naughton did finally clunk one in a pack, he had an unimpeded run at the ball.

I think that’s pretty impressive given the injuries to Crozier, Williams and Gardner.

I understand a lot of this has to do with the midfield, but the same could be said about any other team in the competition.

No man is an island, entire by himself. Same could be said about any line in a football team.

Our defense has played ok, but they generally rely on us winning the midfield. In the first qtr last week we dominated play early but Carlton had a shot on goal pretty much any time they went inside 50.

In saying that, Keath is growing every week, Crozier is finding form post injury, and we still have Williams and Gardner to return.

They haven’t. They did on the weekend but previously they haven’t.

Of our top 12 goal kickers so far. Only two are small forwards (McNeil and Scott 5 goals each). Three are key forwards. One is a half back. The other 6 are our midfielders.

Not one of our small forwards is kicking a goal a game on average. That’s where our small forwards need to improve
I am ok with their output but that is my opinion

I wish McNeil (or is it Scott? 😉) would shave off that ridiculous moustache. It looks like a very unconvincing disguise a teenager would use to try to look older.
its McNeil and I agree

I heard him on RSN on Monday he actually sounds like a level headed bloke but he is from Adelaide so that might explain the mo

we play a team defence it’s not based on a one on one mentality and thank f..k for that we say what happens to good one on one defenders in the last qtr on Sunday

Much of the criticism is largely irrelevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back