Toast Levi Greenwood 150th game

Remove this Banner Ad

If 18 Levi's take the field each week, we might not win many games, but the opposition would be mighty sore.

This guy represents so much of what I love about footy. More than just a capable player, but he's so unrelentingly hard at the ball, and the ball carrier that it sets a standard for others to follow. Guys like this don't grow on trees.

Would love for him to represent the club for 100 games, then have 6 hard at it sons join the club too (he might have to start some serious breeding).

Congratulations to Levi for his 150 game today, hopefully he gets another contract because he has deserved it this year. Playing in the back line has really suited him and played some of the best footy with us.

I would have thought he would be a monty to play 100 club games. He will be a mainstay back again next year, he will get the occasional run with role and can be the big body mid just fine. My only real quibble with the guy is the occasional possession turned over - but as I sit here and think about it probably reflects the hardness with which he hits packs, players; he could easily be seeing double.

Well done Levi, love your work!

Seemed like he was almost in tears in the post match interview. Was important early and as always he was hard as a cat's head. :thumbsu:

I'm really loving Greenwoods evolution into a back pocket. His attack on the man and disputed ground balls is fierce. We were getting beat up at ground level earlier in the year and Greenwood has made a difference here. I'm actually really surprised how good his field kicking is as a defender. He is hitting high difficulty forward passes regularly. He is thriving on the extra time and space. Reckon his no holds barred style helps set the standard on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely need some future piglets in the black and white. Some lil Levi Jr's getting down and dirty and stuck in the mud. Gives the team that gritty style of play. Bit of a Glen freeborn down there hahaha.

Love him in the backline. His kicking, marking and contest is really good there. He is growing in confidence in this role and could be there for years. Very durable and a smart footballer.

Seemed like he was almost in tears in the post match interview. Was important early and as always he was hard as a cat's head. :thumbsu:

Levi was working hard to control his emotions in that interview. Overuse of the word ‘awesome’, but who cares? Loved it!

Gave us some insight into the strong attachment between players, Bucks and the club. At the right time of year too. Also better understand his annoyance with that young knucklehead, Sier.

That was a great interview mate thanks for putting it up,he was a bit emotional during it which is fine it shows it means a bit to him,good.

Also as Vicky Park said it shows the bond,s between Buckley and his players are very high,Buck,s player,s all speak highly of him and his support of them.

I thought Levi was cooked as a midfielder and an AFL player post 2018. Totally understood why the club found a new role for him over summer, I didn't expect him to be this good though. The club and Greeny have turn him into a corsageous, uncompromising small defender with dash and skill. Totally stoked with his performance this winter, well done!

What a game by pig, kept Tom Lynch to 9 touches and 1 goal, hopefully he destroys Fantasia or Tipa this Friday night

Sad news. He has been very serviceable to us. Hope he puts his family first.
White's injury update said much the same; that he's still feeling effects after light/medium training. Seems I'm not alone in reading between the lines that Friday's assessment may have a bearing on his playing career. Really though his health and life after footy is more important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back