Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow - loved every minute of that ❤❤
Mitch, worpel and JOM were epic! Jai could not have had a better start. Kossie will be a star. How good is having CJ, Day and Hardwick down back?? And it was ‘almost’ O’Brien and ‘almost’ the chad.....

Edit - missed Ceglar, Scrim and BB
The above sums up what i wanted to say...the 2 almosts spot on also. Our back line could be very formidable very soon...wow so proud of the team...bloody awesome!!!

Great win - can I say though that Jonno Brown is stealing a living. Two premierships in a dominant team and nothing in a team dropping away. I honestly can’t remember a game he won off his own boot.

also his”analysis” is moronic

I think O'Brien has done it again. A couple of games in defense gets his confidence up then he goes back forward and gives us hope. He was pretty bloody good tonight in the way he hit the packs hard and at least brought the ball to ground which is something we couldn't manage in the last few games.

If Newcome isn't "your boy" yet i am sure he will be. The composure in the tackle to not give away a free kick is what i reckon is the most pleasing thing about the game as well as a handball to good advantage when in trouble. He hits players in space.

Ceglar, Moore, Howe special mentions who played special games. Nice.

At least we can all agree that we are in premiership contention in the next two years so we don't have to trade out our best players............

Kissed on the todger all night by the umps. Enjoy your win.

Bloody oath we will. We were -29 in the free kick differential for the entire season until this game. You guys were +7. I’d honestly forgotten what being favoured by the umpires felt like. Plus maybe if you'd been harder at the ball you would've gotten more frees ;)

Great win - can I say though that Jonno Brown is stealing a living. Two premierships in a dominant team and nothing in a team dropping away. I honestly can’t remember a game he won off his own boot.

also his”analysis” is moronic

No doubt he's painful to listen to commentator.

As for your memory - I remember he had around 20 marks and booted 8 goals against us in 2006. I'd love to put that out of my mind.

Correction, 25 touches, 16 marks and 8 goals. Poor old Dawson got the Rocca treatment.

A question for the Shiels is cooked camp, what is he doing different to his flag years?
His numbers are pretty much the same, he isn’t really playing any different to any other years so what is it?
Granted he’s had some good games this year. To me it’s been his decision making (Esp going inside 50) and horrible disposal.

Last edited:
What a difference a few weeks can make in footy and what a difference one or 2 players with abit of guts and determination can make across the whole team. You get a first gamer who cant stop tackling and this enthusiasm and energy can spread across the team along with a few other youngers doing their bit and chipping in. Doesn't look all so bleak now. Love to see franklin on the losing side against the hawks even after all these years it never loses its magic. If we get in some more determined talented youngsters over the next year or 2 then we can definitely be looking at more wins then losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your right there but he reminds me of a young Gary Ayres
People on this board will probably hate this comparison but I think he has a bit of James Hird about him .
Class ball user , clean hands but hard at it and courageous .

He is an absolute ripper .

Kissed on the todger all night by the umps. Enjoy your win.

It’s nice getting a hand out every now and then isn’t it? You should’ve had a night at the opera in hindsight. I haven’t seen us have a Swannies side play so scared with our attack on the footy since the ‘14 granny.

Didn't see that coming.

Amazing what a combination of a weeks rest, injection of class, dominat rucks and a thirst for the kill can do (a massive rub of the green also).

Everyone played their role well.

O'meara reverse polaxing McCartin was unbelievable.

Can we back it up next week?
It would make the season worth having if we were to beat the bombers twice.

We have found another player in Newcomb.

Along with Kossie, CJ, Reeves, Moore and hopefully a couple still to come. It's what this season was all about.

On reflection, I believe the bye really worked in our favour this week. Fresh and ready to go and the Swans just looked flat and wanting a spell.

The other thing that really caught my eye was the amount of time a Swans player was left on the ground hurt after a contest. A hardness at the coalface we haven’t seen for a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back