List Mgmt. Welcome to Luke Edwards (Pick 52 - 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree entirely. Nothing like Swift. Edwards knows how to play the game, finds the ball and plays within his limitations. He looks like he can make a useful contribution each week which makes him very different from Swift.
That's vs the Swift we know now, not the Swift we all got excited about after that game.

LEdwards looks like a find. Most promising young midfielder since Sheed. Main attributes are a quick football brain, composure, creative quick handball, and neat rather than brilliant disposal. Probably more likely to stay than Ebert given the strained relationship of his family with Adelaide.

That's vs the Swift we know now, not the Swift we all got excited about after that game.
Still disagree, I don’t get the Swift comparison at all. I was never convinced by Swift, it was always more hope than confidence. Edwards game has something that is far more solid than anything Swift ever showed.

Last edited:
Still disagree, I don’t get the Swift comparison at all. I was never convinced by Swift, it was always more hope than confidence.
He's just saying temper your expectations, as even Tom Swift looked decent at this stage.

Nah screw it. Future 3xBrownlow Medallist, Premiership captain, and Hall of Famer.

Still disagree, I don’t get the Swift comparison at all. I was never convinced by Swift, it was always more hope than confidence.

That 26 possession game from swift was seriously overrated. Pretty sure more than half those kicks and handballs he turned over.

The kid has the "James Hirds" or "Scott Pendleburys" about him.

Makes the right decisions and always seems to have oodles of time. Kid is a dead set gun. Not many can come in and have the impact he just did in a game with the pressure that game had in his second game mind you.

Unreal. I'm in love.

He reminds me of David Mundy with his vision and handballs ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And hairline?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff had 2. JD none. As our leaders I'd expect them to at least get involved through tackling efforts if they aren't getting things on their terms. No need to hold Edwards to a standard higher than our leaders.

Gaff would have more if he could actually bloody stick a tackle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back