Captains Round 15 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heads-up

Essendon haven't leaked too many points to oppo mids since the Brisbane debacle in Rd 5

Clarry's recent record doesn't inspire too much confidence

View attachment 1161320
O'Meara 31 and 124 pts
Titch 36 and 114 pts
Bolton 21 and 119 pts
Sheed 43 and 107 pts (robbed?)
Cunnington 34 and 142 pts
Brayshaw 33 and 126 pts
Taranto 29 and 126 pts
Jelly 30 and 111 pts
Green 28 and 104 pts.

I would argue that Clarry would be a fine pick for the captains band. Everybody scored well in Round 5 against Ess. Clarry's consistency is what sets him apart. Especially this year.

O'Meara 31 and 124 pts
Titch 36 and 114 pts
Bolton 21 and 119 pts
Sheed 43 and 107 pts (robbed?)
Cunnington 34 and 142 pts
Brayshaw 33 and 126 pts
Taranto 29 and 126 pts
Jelly 30 and 111 pts
Green 28 and 104 pts.

I would argue that Clarry would be a fine pick for the captains band. Everybody scored well in Round 5 against Ess. Clarry's consistency is what sets him apart. Especially this year.
You really want your vc or captain to be hitting 130-150. Cunnington is the only really good score in that lot.

You missed Walsh for 130 in round 7 btw.

Not many big numbers since since Brisbane is all I'm saying.

I guess looking at his history he's well overdue for a decent sc score against us. Maybe vc is a better option but playing Saturday night isn't gonna be all that helpful as vc for a lot of teams.

You really want your vc or captain to be hitting 130-150. Cunnington is the only really good score in that lot.

You missed Walsh for 130 in round 7 btw.

Not many big numbers since since Brisbane is all I'm saying.

I guess looking at his history he's well overdue for a decent sc score against us. Maybe vc is a better option but playing Saturday night isn't gonna be all that helpful as vc for a lot of teams.
How many players hit 150+ in any game? I stopped at the GWS game. Take a 130 and run every day of the week. Unless a favourable match like Gawn vs a ruckless Suns. I'm more interesred in the numbers from the players I mentioned. Add 15-25 pts for Clarry's contested game.

How many players hit 150+ in any game? I stopped at the GWS game. Take a 130 and run every day of the week. Unless a favourable match like Gawn vs a ruckless Suns. I'm more interesred in the numbers from the players I mentioned. Add 15-25 pts for Clarry's contested game.
I did say between 130 and 150. This year take a 120 and run. Passing on a 120vc has had some bad results

FYI for shits and giggles

Scores 130+

Rd 14 - 9
Rd 13 - 13
Rd 12 - 12
Rd 11 - 22
Rd 10 - 15
Rd 9 - 15
Rd 8 - 15
Rd 7 - 12
Rd 6 - 28
Rd 5 - 23
Rd 4 - 17
Rd 3 - 16
Rd 2 - 18
Rd 1 - 9

So, after the Rd 5 game there have been only two 130+ scores against Essendon.

Just saying

Watch Clarry post a 150+ just to mess with me

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In preference to Neale (probable tag) or Gawn / Oliver as (VC) ??

I usually get these choices horribly wrong

O'Connor has already done a job on Neale. It was injured Neale but still...

Even if Neale gets off the chain I think O'Connor tags him part of the game which limits his ceiling. I'll be going Lyons or Danger in that game

O'Connor has already done a job on Neale. It was injured Neale but still...

Even if Neale gets off the chain I think O'Connor tags him part of the game which limits his ceiling. I'll be going Lyons or Danger in that game
Danger would be a huge leap of faith IMO

Left field options:

Aaron Hall/Ziegull VC
into
Rory Laird C

Targeting players playing Gold Coast and Carlton. Or Touk if you have him playing North is a good one.
For the first time this year north go in as favourites.
I would not be banking my VC on North defenders in a game we may win.
To many unknowns imo

In preference to Neale (probable tag) or Gawn / Oliver as (VC) ??

I usually get these choices horribly wrong
Yeah I would. Touk is a genuine premo stud now. 25 years old, coming into his peak. Some awesome scores this year, and consistent. If Port didn't kick so many goals and belt them by so much last week, he would have scored 120+

Yeah I would. Touk is a genuine premo stud now. 25 years old, coming into his peak. Some awesome scores this year, and consistent. If Port didn't kick so many goals and belt them by so much last week, he would have scored 120+
I'm going to trust you .....because I don't trust myself

I'm going to trust you .....because I don't trust myself
As long as the Suns don't get smacked by 50+ points, Touk gets 30+ touches and 5+ tackles, he's a lock for 120 at this stage.
I'm expecting a close game, so I can see a big score.
I would feel very confident putting the C on Touk if I had him (if you wanted to VC somebody else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back