Captains 2023 Round 15 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird and Daicos would be a great combo. Unfortunately, they're playing in the same game.
Neale or Dunkley look the best VC options. StK will probably tag one of them, but which?
Dunkley (VC)
Laird (C) Collingwood seem to let opposition mids run free.

Laird and Daicos would be a great combo. Unfortunately, they're playing in the same game.
Neale or Dunkley look the best VC options. StK will probably tag one of them, but which?
Dunkley (VC)
Laird (C) Collingwood seem to let opposition mids run free.
Keays tagged Daicos to a 70 earlier in the season.

Hopefully Neale gets the tag. Is Dunkley really taggable? Don't recall anyone trying.

Apparently JL intimated that there would be a Merrett tag in his press conference. Hence I will look elsewhere for a captain.

Laird the obvious one but is the Pies on the G a recipe for a big score for him. Dawson could score well on a big ground but his form has been stinky. Don't trust him with the C.

Apparently JL intimated that there would be a Merrett tag in his press conference. Hence I will look elsewhere for a captain.

Laird the obvious one but is the Pies on the G a recipe for a big score for him. Dawson could score well on a big ground but his form has been stinky. Don't trust him with the C.
Dawson has no issue finding the ball, it’s just a matter of how he uses it.

Went big against pies earlier in the year.

Merett to have 20 touches and score 120 due to ridiculous KOTD incoming.

I changed at the last minute (normally goes well) into VC Stewart, I can't see Dunkley going under 120, or me not taking a 120, so I figure I may as well choose someone I might use...

1687432180716.png
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

knew I didn't need to trade tonight. Just checked team to see a wasted VC

oh well guess I've wasted plenty of other VCs this year

Dunkley or Laird ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went against the crowd and didn’t VC dunks. Feel like if you could hit a 150+ vc/c score this week with majority taking petracca and dunks score, you could really climb the ranks.

Best chance of that out of gulden, brayshaw, Merrett, Laird, Daicos and Dawson?

Im thinking vc gulden into c laird.

Last edited:
Don't mind me, just putting my thoughts down because it helps my decision process

I'm contemplating not taking Dunkleys score as well... I'm in the position where I'm probably going to win all my league matches even without a captains score so may as well risk it for the biscuits

Ruling out:
Gulden - hasn't been scoring huge since moving to the wing
Daicos - will probably run into a keays tag
Merrett - Worried about how parish will affect output

So it leaves Mitchell who is dominating in the absence of JDG, Brayshaw at home, or Laird against a side that refuses to tag

Chance of rain in Perth makes me hesitant to pick Brayshaw
Leaves Laird & Mitchell
Mitchell has played crows 11 times, top scored 135
Laird has played Collingwood 10 times, top scored 185

Well this was a bit of a waste of time to just pick Laird as captain, but that's what I'll do

Lukey Luke parker as C after his 145 up at the GABBA & 7/8 tons. 20oC & fine in Sydney against the Weagles.

Went against the crowd and didn’t VC dunks. Feel like if you could hit a 150+ vc/c score this week with majority taking petracca and dunks score, you could really climb the ranks.

Best chance of that out of gulden, brayshaw, Merrett, Laird, Daicos and Dawson?

Im thinking vc gulden into c laird.
Did you VC Gulden?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back