Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can’t warm to Hamish.
I disagree. I enjoy the valuable insight he adds to the commentary, his research is impeccable. I love hearing about how Billy Nuggs used to play for the Australian under 17 gender neutral handball team before deciding he’d have a crack at footy with a shout out to his folks Joel and Noelene watching at home in Upperphuckall enjoying their traditional Friday night fish and chips with BBQ sauce never tomato sauce.

I disagree. I enjoy the valuable insight he adds to the commentary, his research is impeccable. I love hearing about how Billy Nuggs used to play for the Australian under 17 gender neutral handball team before deciding he’d have a crack at footy with a shout out to his folks Joel and Noelene watching at home in Upperphuckall enjoying their traditional Friday night fish and chips with BBQ sauce never tomato sauce.
Good old Hame. Where the first letter should be L.

Friday, during Cats-Bombers, when Parfitt dropped a chest mark. Taylor went on and on over it in a surprised tone, as if it had never happened before, ever. Meanwhile play is still on, with Parfitt finally getting it and centering to set up a shot on goal. The prick is so self-absorbed with himself and his show that he is not even watching a good little piece of play. It was the sort of thing his producer should be calling out if they do any sort of post-broadcast review with the callers. That is if they any sort of professional standards. :rolleyes:

Friday, during Cats-Bombers, when Parfitt dropped a chest mark. Taylor went on and on over it in a surprised tone, as if it had never happened before, ever. Meanwhile play is still on, with Parfitt finally getting it and centering to set up a shot on goal. The prick is so self-absorbed with himself and his show that he is not even watching a good little piece of play. It was the sort of thing his producer should be calling out if they do any sort of post-broadcast review with the callers. That is if they any sort of professional standards. :rolleyes:
Is BT still the only one calling him Par-FITT?

Carey delivered a neat drive-by after it finally died down, along the lines of 'yeah he dropped the mark, we all know that" before actually summarising the play.

Watching the Tour de France, the commentators just look like they belong there. Confident, knowledgeable and professional. I'm no cycling expert, but it feels like they've picked the best of the best. Some of these Channel 7 commentators just don't look like they should be there, even after being afforded years to get it right. Some of them will never sufficiently improve.

JB quite often commentates without really commentating on the specific game, with a whole heap of nothing statements:

"This man has become an elite player".

"He's normally a great kick".

"What a champion this man is".

"He just gets better and better every week".

The frustrating thing is, Brayshaw does have the gift of the gab and can do it on radio (not everybody's cup of tea, I know), but he's so bland on Channel 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only there was a recent ex-coach who can string a sentence together available for the rest of the season...
As somebody mentioned, watch o/s sports.. nba, the tour, nfl... all the commentators professional and well spoken.. both men and women.. nba women special comments are better then most men.. here in Afl though

If Bucks doesn't get a coaching gig next year, we will hopefully have him onboard. He was a fantastic media performer (especially on radio.)

Changing my tune on Jason Bennett, I suspect that the producers have gotten in his ear… the outright barracking for Hawthorn last night was the standard I’ve come to expect from C7 commentators. It adds so much more excitement to the game. I wish they would get Lingy back though, I miss him shouting at me that a player has put ice on an injury because ice is cold.

how cant bucks get a gig on 7 over hamish or daisy is beyond me. He is even better then Chris Johnson

Would like to see Seven let viewers decide who they wanted to listen to. By either a button that mutes a certain commentator and this data is fed back to them and they give them the ass or my preferred option whereby pushing the button that commentator gets a small electric shock that slowly increases the more viewers dislike them.

Brayshaw shouting (always shouts never speaks) at viewers about Babe Ruth, and that younger viewers would never have heard of him. He loves to feel superior.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The other commentators are just trying to call the game, then Brayshaw drags it down with his irrelevant s**t comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back