Swans Membership Tally 2021 50,144 members

Remove this Banner Ad

Another big donation with home games elsewhere. Can't be helped of course, and the loss of casual attendees must really hurt the Club.
They would have been thrilled with the 30k average on our home games this season but then freaking lockdown hit again.

View attachment 1173724
We’ll be asking the AFL for another loan going by this section of the 2020 annual report.

Lucky it’s only 3 home games maybe a 4th effected so not as large an impact as last year
We were hit hard by the late change to the Saints game. It was a home game but with less than 20k at the game it was loss of a third of the crowd to the standard 30k crowd.

View attachment 1173724
We’ll be asking the AFL for another loan going by this section of the 2020 annual report.

Lucky it’s only 3 home games maybe a 4th effected so not as large an impact as last year

"We are a going concern because a known benefactor may use their discretion to prevent us becoming insolvent"

Yeah...nah that doesn't really work that way.

View attachment 1173724

Last time I checked we had $2m in net assets to show for our 147 year history.

With a $6m loss, it seems like we now have negative net assets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time I checked we had $2m in net assets to show for our 147 year history.

With a $6m loss, it seems like we now have negative net assets.
Yep. A $6.6m turnaround in total members' funds (i.e. equity) for the past few years. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Screenshot_20210710-101634_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

And there's an additional $1.5m loan in there too. Far out. COVID really hurt us. That is 15-20 years of hard work wiped away in 1 year. Crazy.

They're still coming though, somethings cooking in the kitchen, they promise.

For some odd reason I am permabanned from the MB thread on "When will the Carlton FC arrive?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back