News 2023 Membership 65,332 all time record

Remove this Banner Ad

Id like to know if this includes aflw memberships? My guess is yes. In that case this isn't really reflective of a record breaking year and id be surprised if it didn't include aflw considering the results so far this season.

In any case, it is good to see it growing and I hope next season will be better performance wise and in turn bring even more members on board

Id like to know if this includes aflw memberships? My guess is yes. In that case this isn't really reflective of a record breaking year and id be surprised if it didn't include aflw considering the results so far this season.

In any case, it is good to see it growing and I hope next season will be better performance wise and in turn bring even more members on board
Yeah, I don't buy into any clubs membership figures until they are officially announced in the years financial report. How many of the membership quoted by teams are multiple purchases of 3 game memberships / AFLW member - AFL member double ups / Free club memberships with Auskick sign ups? My understanding is they all count towards the total.

Good point, probably does.

Every club inflates their figures, I suppose it's just a comparison of your own club's pumped up tires versus the others. Fact of the matter is we are around the middle of the pack but we are also a huge asset to the AFL's TV rights negotiations.

The dream now is becoming big enough that we’re not afraid to bite the hand of the AFL when certain matters arouse our interest.

Extract from the Herald Sun (paywall) regarding Team memberships and what they offer.

2023 membership figure: 65,332 (record) – 10th
Next year’s target: The Swans are aiming high, hoping to hit 75,000 members.
What’s new: To mark the 150th club anniversary, most memberships will get a celebration pack that includes an iron-on commemorative patch, a key ring and a sticker.
Best deal: For Victorian fans, the Vic Ultimate Membership ($207) provides a seat at all Sydney games in Victoria plus general admission access to three SCG games. Go big in Sydney with the Gold ($467) or Platinum 11 ($651) package, securing the best seats for SCG games, plus if signed up before January 18, gold or platinum members get two bonus tickets to use during the season.
Cheapest option: The Red 5 option provides tickets to five SCG games plus priority finals tickets for Swans games, for $233.
Most expensive: Only 200 people make up the Redback membership, which provides top level seating for all SCG home games, access to a grand final ticket if the Swans make it, a pre-game briefing with Swans coaches and a ‘behind the scenes’ tour of the Swans HQ. Plus, an allocated player will send a signed photo and player badge and hang out with the member at the Redback Cocktail Party. All for $1281.
For the kids: A footy, drawstring bag, cap, personalised stickers and a pencil case are included in the junior member pack.
Club details: Go to membership.sydneyswans.com.au or call 02 9157 5020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most expensive: Only 200 people make up the Redback membership, which provides top level seating for all SCG home games, access to a grand final ticket if the Swans make it, a pre-game briefing with Swans coaches and a ‘behind the scenes’ tour of the Swans HQ. Plus, an allocated player will send a signed photo and player badge and hang out with the member at the Redback Cocktail Party. All for $1281.

Somehow not a season ticket for the SA cricket team?

Are they offering the chance for fan to make a positional move as West Coast once did? The story told on Front Bar a few months ago in its hilarious glory by the fan who made the move and the player she took off.

Somehow not a season ticket for the SA cricket team?

Are they offering the chance for fan to make a positional move as West Coast once did? The story told on Front Bar a few months ago in its hilarious glory by the fan who made the move and the player she took off.

wat?

Apparently the fan's name was Angie and she made it on to the Front Bar on 5/10/23 but I can't find footage of that episode - they seem to have pulled it. Too funny? Otherwise, it also featured Damien Hardwick - maybe that was the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back