Opinion Time to ditch Sweet Caroline

Should we ditch Sweet Caroline ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

True footy fans should be discussing the game, analysing the reaming Stevic is giving us & buying a pie with sauce.

They should NOT be singing along to a track they’d be horrified to own on vinyl.

What’s next? Chanting DEE-FENCE DEE-FENCE every time the ball enters our DEE-FENCIVE 50?

Bahhhh humbug.

I agree we should ditch sweet Caroline, I imagine 90 yo grandma's singing along to it. Antiquated song.

I'd ditch it in favour of PK dumb things, although I understand it's not a hype song so may not be the right choice.

My two choices would unfortunately work better for Port, ACDC's thunderstruck and back in black.

Absolutely despise it. Please change it or only play it once at half time to wake up the oldies. This is an afl game not a singalong party. We need some proper pump up music or just let the audience noise/chants keep the place lively.

Put up a poll

Poll desperately needs Jewelsbon to vote to save Sweet Caroline from getting doughnuts.

When we have an unassailable lead we could play and singalong to Hells Bells to torture the Oppo.
Done!!!!

For the record - I'm not a fan of the song at all and it has no resonance to me, the team or the club

BUT

It is a brilliant sing along song and no matter where I have sat in that ground, there seems to be plenty of people singing and dancing along and every single none fan that we have brought along to a game (and there have been plenty), have all said our match day experience is second to none and singing along to Sweet Caroline is a big part of that.

Done!!!!

For the record - I'm not a fan of the song at all and it has no resonance to me, the team or the club

BUT

It is a brilliant sing along song and no matter where I have sat in that ground, there seems to be plenty of people singing and dancing along and every single none fan that we have brought along to a game (and there have been plenty), have all said our match day experience is second to none and singing along to Sweet Caroline is a big part of that.

I did sing it … at Fenway Park.

Now that's an experience I would love to have one day, that would be magnificent.

it was fun…Fenway Park was a bit run down but full of atmosphere. Heartily recommend going to a game there, if you happen to be in Boston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Yes vote polling over 85%. Swans marketing department watching with keen interest. They dm’d me wanting to know the outcome.

Poor Adelaide strikers - once Sweet Caroline came across the speakers they immediately folded against the Stars , unable to defend 205 runs. It’s an omen - we can’t win with it.

I don't like Sweet Caroline either but it's not a choice for the Big Footy Swans fans, it's for the casuals that go to the game for the overall experience.
Sir I guarantee you no “casual” is buying a ticket to a game so they can hear a recorded airing of an old Neil Diamond song.

Sir I guarantee you no “casual” is buying a ticket to a game so they can hear a recorded airing of an old Neil Diamond song.
While it's a beautiful straw man that you've woven there, I don't believe I said that at all so please don't misappropriate what I have said and package it up as something else.

I am undecided about what to replace Sweet Caroline with, but I think that before the games, something like Green Onions by Booker T & the MGs would be good to build atmosphere.

I am undecided about what to replace Sweet Caroline with, but I think that before the games, something like Green Onions by Booker T & the MGs would be good to build atmosphere.
Maybe we don't need music , not needed ground announces that tell you the score when we already know it . Maybe some stuff at HT and that's it . The non playing moments friends and family want to talk

The curse of this wretched song. I know it may be off topic but watching the exciting Sixers v scorchers last night, Sixers looked home and hosed then began falling in a heap and looked like scorchers for sure. Cue sweet Caroline, crowd sings along like they’ve won for sure only for Mo Henriquez to bring it home in an epic.

TLDR / this song is the kiss of death lol

Back