Preview Round 22 Sydney v Gold Coast @1:45 ... time to squirrel away 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off-topic, but does anyone have any advice on attending games at the Adelaide Oval? I'm planning on going next week - Does the club get an allocation for its members, or should i just go ahead and get a GA ticket?
Search your email for "sydney swans crows". Should be an email with a link to ticketek for our allocated area. I got that email June 15.

I usually go elsewhere for a better seat, but figured I'd sit among fellow fans for once. So that's where I'll be.

If I were Gold Coast I’d send Touk Miller to play on Errol. He blanketed Neale out of the game the other week and Gold Coast did spectacularly well out of it. Errol is our best player easily this year and nobody seems to be able to run with him. Miller is an excellent runner and could do that job and I’m not sure how we’d win games currently if not for Errol playing out of his skin like he is and kick-starting our ball movement.

Gold Coast would lose Miller out of the middle but they’ve still got Rowell and Anderson in there, they’d be fine. Gold Coast were actually playing well whilst Miller was hurt, imo, because Rowell and Anderson were forced to step up and out of Miller’s shadow. Against our current stoppage set up, they’d be fine anyway with Witts still there.
I wouldn't bother sending Miller to Gulden. I think Gulden's been our best player this year but I don't think he's most important to our chances of winning. It's been evident time and again that if you want to kill us, kill us in the contest. If our inside bulls have quiet games we really struggle.

$9 furphys when it’s half that down the road and people aren’t dumb. There’s a million pubs to watch the WC
Uh, can you point out the venues that have $4.50 Furphys? Pretty sure that’s a Furphy (I had to)….

You’ll be lucky to get a schooner of mainstream beer for under $7 anywhere let alone in the eastern suburbs.

$9 is pretty good really, won’t be much if at all cheaper up the road.

Uh, can you point out the venues that have $4.50 Furphys? Pretty sure that’s a Furphy (I had to)….

You’ll be lucky to get a schooner of mainstream beer for under $7 anywhere let alone in the eastern suburbs.

You can’t get a coffee for $4.50 in the east these days let alone a beer!

Venues NSW has announced the SCG will stay open at full-time, and the Australia v France game will be shown live on the big screen at 5pm.
Attendees can watch the match from the Brewongle Stand concourse, or from Level 2 Noble Stand.
Guests must have a valid Swans v Gold Coast ticket to watch the game, and there will be no pass-outs. Some Merivale food and beverage outlets will remain open.

It’s not $9 for a beer seriously any pub and it’s no more than $6. Heck a scotch is $9 or whatever it is. Reason why I bring two flasks in

Nothing better to calm yourself down after a high-octane Aussie Rules game than two hours of a huge screen showing the sporting equivalent of a screen saver 🤪

(No I’m not much of a soccer fan!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing better to calm yourself down after a high-octane Aussie Rules game than two hours of a huge screen showing the sporting equivalent of a screen saver 🤪

I’ve always thought Soccer Australia should starting issuing fines for staging.

They’d become the wealthiest sporting body in Australia.

Truer words have never been said!

We were at our local club the other night when they played Denmark and those around me were so into it, but I just couldn't! It was a yawnfest as far as I was concerned.

Aussie Rules and the Swans will always be my no.1, but I'd go absolutely spare over summer if I wasn't an Adelaide United member. Different sports, different things to appreciate and complain about (although officiating and gripes when you're not one of the big/favoured clubs are common). Nothing like an Asian or World Cup either, at least not that Aussie Rules can produce.

I've got Saturday end-to-end with sporting action. Watch the VFL, then AFL, then head to a friends place for Matildas, and England v Colombia (watching with an Englishman and a Colombian). Fantastic.

Dunno about you lot but I am absolutely wrapped with the inclusion of Stephens. The anomaly with him is that he could genuinely be anything from a club legend to a poor man's Ed Barlow.

We simply cannot give up on a top 5 draft pick with his level of talent. He more than any other player this week is the one who I want to see produce a five star performance.

not $9 for a beer seriously any pub and it’s no more than $6. Heck a scotch is $9 or whatever it is. Reason why I bring two

😂

I am directly involved with venues and large groups in this space… and broadly speaking you’re wrong, especially anywhere near the SCG.

Article with a table with Canberra cheapest ave Schooner $7.50. The Sydney Ave would be higher in the suburbs near to the SCG.

Remember when Happy hour drinks on a Friday afternoon were $4/$5 6 years ago lol
Geez Grand Uncle Horace & bedford can remember when you could buy a schooner for tuppence and get a counter meal (tripe & liver) thrown in.

And one to make all you whisky connoisseurs jealous;

Last edited:
Dunno about you lot but I am absolutely wrapped with the inclusion of Stephens. The anomaly with him is that he could be genuinely be anything from a club legend to a poor man's Ed Barlow.

We simply cannot give up on a top 5 draft pick with his level of talent. He more than any other player this week is the one who I want to see produce a five star performance.

Don't wanna start another Stephens-bashing thing, I think it's good that he's in the side and gets another chance - perhaps his last - and I've long been a believer of his (though admittedly not so much lately).

But at the risk of sounding like old man yells at cloud I think the word "talent" gets thrown around too much, and footballing ability and athletic ability confused way too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back