Preview Round 22 Sydney v Gold Coast @1:45 ... time to squirrel away 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it tea or scotch first? Islay or highland? Speyside or lowland? Single malt or blended? Water or neat?

Swans or hungover?
Scotch then tea. Generally Islay then speyside. And only single malt (yes, I'm a snob). Mostly neat, but sometimes adding a few drops of water is good.

And finally, both, Swans and hungover!

I think I agree with them. And there's a call to be made about whether we think that occasional role deserves a list spot reserved. Clarke was more consistent in the role last year, which won't help.
It’s become a talking point following pies v hawks that is for sure. Apparently Hawthorn were the first team to tag anyone last weekend.

And...

Dwayne Russell, Brad Johnson, Dermott Brereton, Nick Dal Santo

Yeah we did that a few years ago against this mob, from memory we kicked 6-1 in the first quarter, then hardly kicked another one for the next three.......
Still gives me cold shivers thinking about that game 😰

yeah, gold coast have been a problem for us
but surely we're just that desperate and hungry tomorrow ... knowing we're a game closer each week to somehow making amends for the horror first half of the season ...
as fans, we've learned we can't take anything for granted this year; the team also must know they can't afford to drop their guard
to me, this really is as much a mental test as anything else ... either we have hardened up (as the past few weeks seem to indicate) and we stay in the finals race, or we're still not there yet, and we don't deserve to be in the finals race
the suns are a good team ... we should be a better team, and should show that tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we are going to have words lol!
I just rewatched the Giants game last night and paid special attention to the commentators and can't find anything wrong with Underwood.

I think she's fine. She didn't get everything factually correct, but let's face it, who does?

Only issue I had was her describing Grub Greene as the new poster boy after Buddy. FMD with that BS.

Like I said elsewhere, she's got a very masculine tone, but a masculine woman is hardly unusual in this day and age.

This is off-topic, but does anyone have any advice on attending games at the Adelaide Oval? I'm planning on going next week - Does the club get an allocation for its members, or should i just go ahead and get a GA ticket?

I just rewatched the Giants game last night and paid special attention to the commentators and can't find anything wrong with Underwood.

I think she's fine. She didn't get everything factually correct, but let's face it, who does?

Only issue I had was her describing Grub Greene as the new poster boy after Buddy. FMD with that BS.

Like I said elsewhere, she's got a very masculine tone, but a masculine woman is hardly unusual in this day and age.

Yes he passes to the "Orange team" she's dreadful. I like heaps of female commentators but she just annoys me to no end, has no idea on the feel of the game either. To be fair I love Toby Greene too and he'd be one of the most known in Sydney after Bud, Errol is getting there though.

What to do with Touk Miller……I mean, besides wearing a box….

If I were Gold Coast I’d send Touk Miller to play on Errol. He blanketed Neale out of the game the other week and Gold Coast did spectacularly well out of it. Errol is our best player easily this year and nobody seems to be able to run with him. Miller is an excellent runner and could do that job and I’m not sure how we’d win games currently if not for Errol playing out of his skin like he is and kick-starting our ball movement.

Gold Coast would lose Miller out of the middle but they’ve still got Rowell and Anderson in there, they’d be fine. Gold Coast were actually playing well whilst Miller was hurt, imo, because Rowell and Anderson were forced to step up and out of Miller’s shadow. Against our current stoppage set up, they’d be fine anyway with Witts still there.

If I were Gold Coast I’d send Touk Miller to play on Errol. He blanketed Neale out of the game the other week and Gold Coast did spectacularly well out of it. Errol is our best player easily this year and nobody seems to be able to run with him. Miller is an excellent runner and could do that job and I’m not sure how we’d win games currently if not for Errol playing out of his skin like he is and kick-starting our ball movement.

Gold Coast would lose Miller out of the middle but they’ve still got Rowell and Anderson in there, they’d be fine. Gold Coast were actually playing well whilst Miller was hurt, imo, because Rowell and Anderson were forced to step up and out of Miller’s shadow.

Ellis will probably get first crack at Errol, he seems to be the most likely one and does have speed. Doubt they will move Touk out of where he can do damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back