Preview Round 22 Sydney v Gold Coast @1:45 ... time to squirrel away 4 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the clearest indication yet that Horse & co think Clarke is of no value to the side unless he has a specific player he can nullify.
Classic horses for courses selections.
Stephens, a winger, replaces a winger. Could have been Warner but wasn't.
Roberts, an insider, replaces a tagger against a strong inside team with no-one to tag.
"No value" is just plain nasty.

Probably the clearest indication yet that Horse & co think Clarke is of no value to the side unless he has a specific player he can nullify.
I think I agree with them. And there's a call to be made about whether we think that occasional role deserves a list spot reserved. Clarke was more consistent in the role last year, which won't help.

Roberts, an insider, replaces a tagger against a strong inside team with no-one to tag.

"unless he has a specific player he can nullify."

I didn't mean it to be nasty. It felt harsh saying it but I don't really know how else you can describe someone who hasn't been in the starting 22 in any other capacity in the last two seasons other than to nullify someone.

I didn't mean it to be nasty. It felt harsh saying it but I don't really know how else you can describe someone who hasn't been in the starting 22 in any other capacity in the last two seasons other than to nullify someone.
In fairness, Buddy wasn’t ever in the starting 22 in any other capacity than to kick goals…

But I do understand your point.

Let's be honest changes shouldn't really matter much in this game. If we deserve a spot in finals we win this, plain and simple.

yes ... next two are against sides below us ... we don't win either, we're not good enough for finals
surely, we come out breathing fire saturday ... one of those games we break open in the first quarter, 6-7 goals, and give them no sniff at all
we've won four on the trot but not been convincing, although in pretty much sudden death-type games
now it's time to put on a show, really try to build some momentum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean nothing wrong with blended Scotch? do you know Johnny Walker Red is among the 7 worst Scotches of all time? Well it is. In fact not even poor people wouldn't drink it, it was so bad. Hasn't changed a lot. Still vile, headache incurring crap.

But on with the footy.

McLean, a name associated with a whiskey was wonderful last week and plays his 50th. Campbell, also associated with whiskey, is out so we can expect some change. Players touted to take his place by Longmire; Stephens, Roberts, Corey Warner.

Gold coast have some really dangerous forwards. Unfortunately for them King is out. Day comes in.

Good Ins for us. Roberts and Stephens. Sub is probably out of Clarke and Corey Warner. Clarke, as much as some think he did a great job on Whitfield, goes out. Whitfield got 19, he averages 23. But most of his disposals were handballs.

I think the coaches have gone for speed and mid pressure.

yes ... next two are against sides below us ... we don't win either, we're not good enough for finals
surely, we come out breathing fire saturday ... one of those games we break open in the first quarter, 6-7 goals, and give them no sniff at all
we've won four on the trot but not been convincing, although in pretty much sudden death-type games
now it's time to put on a show, really try to build some momentum
Yeah we did that a few years ago against this mob, from memory we kicked 6-1 in the first quarter, then hardly kicked another one for the next three.......
Still gives me cold shivers thinking about that game 😰

IN: Roberts

OUT: Clarke
Maybe I'm in love with the guy but for someone so unsung (or outright bagged on here) Clarke is often in the possession chains with a little handball, short kick or give and go that leads to a lot of goals. And when he's not there, that link is often not either. Plenty love to bag him if he misses a target, while giving a free ride to others for same. Probably didn't get enough of it on the weekend, but I swear of his roughly ten possessions - 4 or 5 of them ended with us kicking a goal.
He's def not the engine, or the gearbox, but he's the grease that makes things work quite often IMO. Thought that before he got a prominent role last year, still do.

That said Roberts also looks handy so good luck to him. Is he more inolved in short kicking game ? I seem to recall him providing plenty of movement and options for that, so sometimes mistook him for Campbell on field perhaps.

What do you mean nothing wrong with blended Scotch? do you know Johnny Walker Red is among the 7 worst Scotches of all time? Well it is. In fact not even poor people wouldn't drink it, it was so bad. Hasn't changed a lot. Still vile, headache incurring crap.

But on with the footy.

McLean, a name associated with a whiskey was wonderful last week and plays his 50th. Campbell, also associated with whiskey, is out so we can expect some change. Players touted to take his place by Longmire; Stephens, Roberts, Corey Warner.

Gold coast have some really dangerous forwards. Unfortunately for them King is out. Day comes in.

Good Ins for us. Roberts and Stephens. Sub is probably out of Clarke and Corey Warner. Clarke, as much as some think he did a great job on Whitfield, goes out. Whitfield got 19, he averages 23. But most of his disposals were handballs.

You’re not wrong re: JW Red Label

Let's be honest changes shouldn't really matter much in this game. If we deserve a spot in finals we win this, plain and simple.
You're right of course, but....
Haven't GC given us far more problems over recent years than we think they should have?

But on with the footy.

Comparing all blended scotch to Jonnie walker is like saying there are no good burgers because McDonalds is terrible

Yeah we did that a few years ago against this mob, from memory we kicked 6-1 in the first quarter, then hardly kicked another one for the next three.......
Still gives me cold shivers thinking about that game 😰
Oof, remember that game. Started off like a house on fire...and ended up like one, burnt to the ground and in ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back