Autopsy Melbourne just a tad to good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands don’t belong near players eyes, it’s pretty simple.

The fact we had to waste time and resources on a defender doing his job, while a player raking a guy’s face isn’t even questioned just shows further bias imo. Can’t disrupt Carlton’s prep when they’re desperate for a Collingwood Carlton grand final fairytale.

Give me a spell. They must think we’re stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just watching the 4th quarter now. With 5 and half minutes left to play, I wouldn’t say we got our colours lowered. Effort level is high, even if a couple of players seem tired. Plenty of half chances after the first 5 minutes of Melbourne’s dominance petered out. Could’ve been different. Certainly not disastrous.

Interesting point made about Pickett on Foxtel - unrealistic or ‘semi’ realistic flies for the ball….into the backs of Swans defenders…hurting at least two.

A high spring doesn’t mean its realistic - like to see a swinging arm come from behind in an ‘attempted spoil’…..send a message.

McCartin being available to play against Carlton is absolutely massive if he was suspended forget it.

Needs to play smartly on him or else the frees will flow Curnow is very good at exaggerating contact and drawing them.

Our percentage in the last term is 79% which without comparing it across the league would be bottom 4 i imagine.

Reserving judgement it will be close or we get flogged after HT thats how my gut is leading.

just watching the 4th quarter now. With 5 and half minutes left to play, I wouldn’t say we got our colours lowered. Effort level is high, even if a couple of players seem tired. Plenty of half chances after the first 5 minutes of Melbourne’s dominance petered out. Could’ve been different. Certainly not disastrous.

Yer it wasn't as bad as say against Essendon still the drop off is noticeable and i imagine the opposition knows it as well.

Yeah after Fritsch’s second-to-last goal at about the 5 minute mark, the effort really dropped away. The belief looked like it evaporated.

Hayward cracked in all quarter.

Tough to know from the outside whats really happening obviously Longmire is not gonna come out and say 90% of the team is cooked/playing busted.

He mentioned he has a fair idea as to why its happening but didn't elaborate.

Hands don’t belong near players eyes, it’s pretty simple.

You'd be defending a Swans player in the same circumstance it's not black or white so not as simple as you might think. Anyway glad he's playing I'm not for ridiculous suspensions and has nothing to do with him being VIC or any of that nonsense. Real time it's absolutely nothing.

But hey they agree with you to the tune of $3000 so guess you lot might be right.

Realistically we’re not making or winning a Grand Final from 8th as much as that is my ultimate hope.

So in thinking what I wouldn’t mind happening if we can’t win it was that Melbourne won it.

However, that was only if Jake Melksham was playing so he could stick it up his own team mate in May who hung s**t in him for not being good enough to make the side when they won it. Doubly I say it as he was a decent guy to a mate that was drunk on a footy trip and the bombers were in the same venue. He looked after him whilst he was badly smashed and even gave him his mobile number the next day.

But….now that little side thing seems over with his injury at 32

So back to just dreaming about a Swans fairy tale but one the AFL isn’t
Designing.
Yeah I like Melksham and despise May. Devastated for him. He's been really good this year and deserves to be part of a premiership team should they do it.

If only the AFL had a thing like a substitute that you could bring on with fresh legs late in the game 🤔

Oh waaaaaait.......

Our game style works for 3/4 of the match then goes to utter s**t in the 4th quarter due to a combination of fitness, opposition adjustments & our players losing composure. We're match up against the top teams for 3/4 quarters which is very positive. The messaging from Horse at 3/4 time has been to continue playing footy rather than going defensive but the players just seem to freeze up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only the AFL had a thing like a substitute that you could bring on with fresh legs late in the game 🤔

Oh waaaaaait.......

It's the way we use our sub too which is important, need someone to come in to make an impact on the flow of the game. We've just tried to play it safe with our sub as injury cover or just go with the most experienced player etc. There's not been a specific gameplan with the sub which is disappointing.

We had Francis who should've been subbed into our forward line to either win those 50/50 marks or at least help bring it to ground to create a stoppage or opportunity for our smalls to win the ground ball. We failed in that area in the 4th quarter imo. That would've been a good use of our sub imo.

Our game style works for 3/4 of the match then goes to utter s**t in the 4th quarter due to a combination of fitness, opposition adjustments & our players losing composure. We're match up against the top teams for 3/4 quarters which is very positive. The messaging from Horse at 3/4 time has been to continue playing footy rather than going defensive but the players just seem to freeze up...
All I can think of as a solution is this. We change the names of each quarter. If we stop calling it the fourth quarter then we might trick the players into thinking it’s not the fourth quarter. Let’s call it the goal scoring quarter or something positive. Any ideas are welcomed.

Problem solved.

All I can think of as a solution is this. We change the names of each quarter. If we stop calling it the fourth quarter then we might trick the players into thinking it’s not the fourth quarter. Let’s call it the goal scoring quarter or something positive. Any ideas are welcomed.

Problem solved.

The sub will not be activated quarter.

Problem solved.

Stop *ing it up quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back