Autopsy Good win against Tricky opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still waiting for the poster of the year badge I cheated to win
kristen bell wink GIF

You win it every year in my book Kingy....

And this is why you won't be at the main table at the swans bigfooty board awards and celebration end of season bbq , toasties, potato cake , bash of awesomeness event
Oh good, I see you got all our photos from last year's events. They were great, you would've really liked them.

I don't think Adelaide can realistically make the finals anymore. 12 wins is unlikely to be enough. Could be a good time to play them. They'll probably be flat knowing they've missed their chance.

If the Crows win their last 2, they finish with 48 points.

Very possible that both us and the Saints drop our last 2 games, meaning the Crows would go past both those teams (us on points, Saints on %).

That would leave them fighting GWS/Geelong/Dons for those 2 spots. If 2 of those teams fail to win 2/2, Crows would make the 8.

And if even if GWS and Geelong go 2/2, that would mean the Dogs finish on 48 points (as they would have lost to Geelong), and the Crows would probably shade them on %.

Plenty to play for the Crows next week. It’s going to be a tough ask.

I thought Stephens showed a fair bit when behind the ball (that missed fist excluded). Maybe he'll be the next struggling mid to benefit from a shift down back?
Actually I agree with this.
He is able to run freely in the twos but never able to find the space in the ones. Maybe he can be part of the new look, Slingshot Swans 2.0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens is fascinating, he has shown very good ability to win the contested ball & burst out of the pack then make a poor decision with his disposal use. I hope we can keep him because if it clicks then he'll become a very very good player for us in an area of need.

It was good to see us have moments where we won the clearances but moved it forward through hands to generate a better I50 kick, rather than bombing it forward with an initial kick.
How old is he though? Been patient.

If the Crows win their last 2, they finish with 48 points.

Very possible that both us and the Saints drop our last 2 games, meaning the Crows would go past both those teams (us on points, Saints on %).

That would leave them fighting GWS/Geelong/Dons for those 2 spots. If 2 of those teams fail to win 2/2, Crows would make the 8.

And if even if GWS and Geelong go 2/2, that would mean the Dogs finish on 48 points (as they would have lost to Geelong), and the Crows would probably shade them on %.

Plenty to play for the Crows next week. It’s going to be a tough ask.
Yep a lot of afl ladder predictions have Crows at 8th.

This game will be the biggest test of how far we have come.

Adelaide at home is close to Brisbane at home for degree of difficulty this season.

Yep a lot of afl ladder predictions have Crows at 8th.

This game will be the biggest test of how far we have come.

Adelaide at home is close to Brisbane at home for degree of difficulty this season.
My (possibly faulty) memory is that over the years we’ve managed to pull a couple of surprise wins out of the bag at AO against both Crows and Port. Here’s hoping we add another to the tally.

My (possibly faulty) memory is that over the years we’ve managed to pull a couple of surprise wins out of the bag at AO against both Crows and Port. Here’s hoping we add another to the tally.
None recently against Port, which is why I was glad we have the Crows there. 2017 win was the best. Giants beat them there a few weeks ago.

My hope is that the Crows feel the pressure. This weekend gone by - us and St Kilda aside - it seemed like all the teams with finals on the line kinda shat the bed a bit. Bulldogs should've beaten Hawks, Geelong should've beaten Pies, Giants should've at least put up more of a fight against Port, Bombers very nearly blew it against North. Hopefully Adelaide feel that same pressure this week.

Of course, we also have that pressure, but the difference is we've had that "must-win" pressure for well over a month now. It's nothing new to us.

Sydney v Gold Coast​

7 Will Hayward (SYD)
7 Matt Rowell (GCFC)
7 Chad Warner (SYD)
5 Nick Blakey (SYD)
4 Tom Papley (SYD)

Geez I don't usually question the coaches votes as they ultimately know what's going on more than the rest of us... but I reckon they've had a bit of a mare there.
Weirdest thing is that they agreed on the top 5 but wildly different orders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back