Autopsy Blew our chances against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isnt going to be a popular post, but here goes.

Players I'd be open to trading if we got a decent return.

Rowbottom - he's a downgrade from Hewett imo. I've been a fan in the past. But he hasn't come on as I'd hoped, has never been anything more than a C grader and hasn't dominated a single game this year.
Florent - he's decent, but he's soft and would be in the bottom 6 or so player you'd pick in a final. Don't think we'd get anything decent, so my hope is that we replace him from within and he becomes a depth player.
trigger alert
Heeney
- shows flashes of brilliance. And puts in, can't fault his effort last night. But for someone that's on ~$850k, he's on a lot of money for someone who hasn't impacted matches on a consistent basis and hasn't stood up in finals. The GWS match was 3 finals ago, and even then. It was a cameo in the 2nd half/4th quarter and didn't actually drag us across the line (acknowledging that it was others that missed shots and not Heeney himself).

I know this isnt going to be a popular post, but here goes.

Players I'd be open to trading if we got a decent return.

Rowbottom - he's a downgrade from Hewett imo. I've been a fan in the past. But he hasn't come on as I'd hoped, has never been anything more than a C grader and hasn't dominated a single game this year.
Florent - he's decent, but he's soft and would be in the bottom 6 or so player you'd pick in a final. Don't think we'd get anything decent, so my hope is that we replace him from within and he becomes a depth player.
trigger alert
Heeney
- shows flashes of brilliance. And puts in, can't fault his effort last night. But for someone that's on ~$850k, he's on a lot of money for someone who hasn't impacted matches on a consistent basis and hasn't stood up in finals. The GWS match was 3 finals ago, and even then. It was a cameo in the 2nd half/4th quarter and didn't actually drag us across the line (acknowledging that it was others that missed shots and not Heeney himself).

No to the first two they are more valuable to us than what we will get for them.

Heeney sure value will be quite high and may be able to net enough currency to fix midfield depth.

Melican was absolutely the correct call. He was immense last night and shut down a Coleman medallist. If you want a game in which defenders don't make mistakes or get occasionally beaten then you will end up with a nil-all scoreline at the end of the match.
Even the best defenders in the history of the game made mistakes in every match and had goals kicked in them.
Melican was bloody good.

yes, there were a few moments when he had the ball under pressure and showed not just composure, but a knack for picking a good option ... he really does give the impression he's improving into a better than average defender, he just needs to stay healthy and keep playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty pissed off with Hickey in the final minute where he should have just smashed the ball forward into space. Carlton just sat on it and locked it in knowing there was one minute left.

I would move Hayward down back. His lack of self belief means he cannot relied on up forward. I don't think Heeneys body is up to life as a crash and bash mid.

While Horse is there we will run three kpfs. I expect Buller will overtake Amartey by Round 1.
Hayward definitely NOT a backmen. Plays better off instinct in the forward half.

Lacks the composure needed to play behind the ball.

Hayward definitely NOT a backmen. Plays better off instinct in the forward half.

Lacks the composure needed to play behind the ball.

Then we need to move on. But I disagree I reckon he has the tools to play back and he liked good there a few years back. I do not believe any other Coach would still play him forward.

Had 5 score involvements in the 3rd quarter alone!

It’s worth doubling down on my view here - at the risk of being wrong.

These are all in the contest

He can’t play forward permanently ythe ball just rebounds too fast. It’s bad enough as it is as amartey and McDonald are unable to press the ball successfully. Hayward is already covering about four guys coming out of forward fifty as it is.

Parker’s success is basically the contest in the forward line - ruck stoppages boundary throws etc where he does damage - that’ll be fine if we can get enough stoppages in the forward line
But if it rebounds quickly it won’t last long

Thought Florent had a shocker also

His best and worst is so far between unfortunately

Florent seems to go into his shell if he makes an error early - but as I wasn’t at the game he might have been very man focussed. Watching Blakey just leave his man to attack was what we needed florent to do a bit in the second half just to keep the attack from behind the. BAll going

I’ll always remember that bloody centre bounce free, straight after we’d kicked 2 quick goals in the 3rd.

Still no idea what it was for.

Feels like it was the most critical moment in the game.

Not sure if that was 23, but there were some absolute shockers both ways.

JACK Martin is set to miss Carlton's semi-final against Melbourne and potentially the preliminary final after being offered a two-match ban for his high hit on Sydney defender Nick Blakey.

Tom Papley fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back