Autopsy Swans clinch double chance 14 point winners against St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a show and couldn’t resist reading the posts here during the game. When I watched it last night I expected a disaster. I didn’t find one.

I don’t think we were at our best but St Kilda were pretty manic.

Good to win when we’re playing ordinary footy.
Good to play another high pressure game.
Bank top 4 and put it behind us.

Will be up for the demons I reckon. And I actually like that it’s Friday night at the MCG. We like playing there.

Ours is definitely the standout game in a pretty average first week of finals.

All four games look like potentially great games tbh. It’ll be fascinating to see how the Dockers and Brisbane handle the two Cinderella stories.
I’d love both Richmond and the Bulldogs knocked out first week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to today's game and although I was disappointed in the way they played, they still won.
I just started to look at the BF postings and started at the Swans v St.Kilda preview and I could not believe how ******* fickle the whole lot of you are.
For most of this week, it's been all about what a great side we are and we have very few weaknesses. We'll beat St.K by 10 goals. On the other hand so many were saying that they were worried about this game and would be happy with a win. A win of any margin.
I started at page 30 and the next 5 pages were nothing more than garbage about what a useless team we are. We're going to lose. We'll lose to the dogs in our first final. Lloyd is the worst player in the AFL even though he was our best last week. They can't kick the ball to save themselves. They're all idiots. What a lot of winging hypocrites.
So, from what you said tonight, I expect you'll follow up in the next week or so that we have absolutely no hope of beating Melbourne and we'll then lose the week after.
What a load of crap that was. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I personally don’t post much on game day threads because so often, by the time I’ve posted, the moment has passed, which is why I skim whole pages anyway, but I think you need to cut people a bit of slack.

As I’ve commented a few times, for a lot of people, following a footy team is like a cross between their daily soapie and a childrens’ pantomime.

I went to today's game and although I was disappointed in the way they played, they still won.
I just started to look at the BF postings and started at the Swans v St.Kilda preview and I could not believe how ******* fickle the whole lot of you are.
For most of this week, it's been all about what a great side we are and we have very few weaknesses. We'll beat St.K by 10 goals. On the other hand so many were saying that they were worried about this game and would be happy with a win. A win of any margin.
I started at page 30 and the next 5 pages were nothing more than garbage about what a useless team we are. We're going to lose. We'll lose to the dogs in our first final. Lloyd is the worst player in the AFL even though he was our best last week. They can't kick the ball to save themselves. They're all idiots. What a lot of winging hypocrites.
So, from what you said tonight, I expect you'll follow up in the next week or so that we have absolutely no hope of beating Melbourne and we'll then lose the week after.
What a load of crap that was. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I used to read the game day, and make comments like this too.

After a while, I realised the game day is where they let off steam, release the pressure valve etc. while the game is on. The can hardly swear, scream and yell (like those at the game) in the middle of their lounge room. And it saves punching walls, TVs, etc..

They make comments, carry on like pork chops, and swing wildly from the whole teams useless to the whole teams brilliant and encompass everything in between.

So now I read the gameday thread a few days after the game, and it's good for a laugh.

Do NOT go there if you are looking for a reasonable discussion about the state of the game.

Sorry about my spelling etc at times , we’ll most of the time
Don't be sorry, this board would die a very quick death without it's characters, of which you are a long term favourite!

Sometimes when you are typing really fast (?), half the fun is figuring out what you said!

All those who stated last week that they'd be happy for Wicks to replace Clarke will no doubt be very quiet this week.
As much as I'd love him to perform well, he just doesn't. I think that will be his last medi sub chance.
Why on earth when you have the opportunity of a set set from just on 50, you would kick it sideways so the player who then marks it is no closer but on a worse angle. Apart from it being a stupid decision, the kick gets butchered and gets turned over to the opposition. I think they even scored a goal from that turnover.
Talk about tear your hair out moments.
I was very bullish about Wicks after his early season performances in 2021, especially against Richmond. However as the season wore on, his form dropped off, culminating in that shocka he had in the final v GWS. I could see why the club held off re-signing him.

This year he has been very average and quite petulant to boot, giving away stupid frees and 50's regularly. His goal kicking is on a par with Reid's and we can't afford to have two forwards who spray them everywhere in the finals.

The medi-sub position has the potential to be vitally important in September and we need someone who can execute and be calm under pressure. I don't think that's Wicks.

I was very bullish about Wicks after his early season performances in 2021, especially against Richmond. However as the season wore on, his form dropped off, culminating in that shocka he had in the final v GWS. I could see why the club held off re-signing him.

This year he has been very average and quite petulant to boot, giving away stupid frees and 50's regularly. His goal kicking is on a par with Reid's and we can't afford to have two forwards who spray them everywhere in the finals.

The medi-sub position has the potential to be vitally important in September and we need someone who can execute and be calm under pressure. I don't think that's Wicks.
Unless he’s been stinking it up in the ressies I would think Harry C is the ideal medical sub.

Still think we're a year away from a flag but anything can happen from here.

Regarding JMac - I agree he's in somewhat of a form/confidence slump but I also think Horse has assigned him a different role on the defensive wing which doesn't suit the run and carry style we saw earlier in the season. If you pay attention to our exits out of D50 you'll notice how often he's an outlet kick or handpass to the boundary line when our defence is under the pump.

While I enjoyed the unpredictable one-two punch of Blakey and JMac streaming through the corridor, sometimes players have to be sent to perform thankless, less flashy roles (Florent is another imo) and I certainly think our defence has looked much more solid in the latter half of the season thanks to some of those subtle changes.

great post
that's the case with most gameday threads, and "emotion" is no excuse ... just stay off bf and watch the fckng game!
i mean, for starters, how much stuff are people missing while they're taking time to post their rubbish?! it's like people at music gigs holding up their fckng phones recording every friggin moment
enjoy the gig! watch the game!! take time to think about ... then post your comments
some of the stuff is beyond cringeworthy
But Bandi wasn't talking about the GameDay thread, he distinctly said The Preview Thread - and he's 100% correct!
I used to read the game day, and make comments like this too.

After a while, I realised the game day is where they let off steam, release the pressure valve etc. while the game is on. The can hardly swear, scream and yell (like those at the game) in the middle of their lounge room. And it saves punching walls, TVs, etc..

They make comments, carry on like pork chops, and swing wildly from the whole teams useless to the whole teams brilliant and encompass everything in between.

So now I read the gameday thread a few days after the game, and it's good for a laugh.

Do NOT go there if you are looking for a reasonable discussion about the state of the game.
Speak for yourself Kirksy, my loungeroom becomes an R rated zone during games, - ANY GAMES! Even the West Coast one where we were mopping the floor with them from the first bounce I was yelling, screaming and swearing at the TV like an old sailor.

or you know dont read it ...
the whinging about it is dumber than anything in it

yeah, yeah ... mostly i read only every second page, particularly in the first half or so of a game ... and usually just shake my head at the dumbest comments
but sometimes they're just too much ... either too personal or just plain stupidly wrong

I like the game day threads, its quite entertaining seeing people get overly fired up in the moment. I do my best to try and find the positives but it doesn't mean I don't feel like tearing my hair out in real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will McDonald go out for amerty?

I have been saying all year he is still a year away from being a consistent best 22 AFL Footballer and 3 years from being the star we know he can be. He is a liability when the ball hits the deck. Can not fault his effort to push back and defend when required but this at the moment imo is what impedes his ability to have the impact as a key forward. He simply lacks AFL Conditioning. By no means is he carrying weight or unfit but to my eye that body is just not developed for AFL Footy just yet. Looks gassed after every effort. Having said all that I think he is the better option to help keep that Melbourne defense honest and actually make them defend rather than being able to peel off and spread as they do. Our forwards need to get separation and make them chase **se.

Was slaughtered by Larkey prior, big concerns in my opinion.
Got howled down for this here a couple of weeks ago. He has been awful. Drops marks he now should be taking, goes to ground and to often puts himself out of the contest and trails in on every lead by opposition forward. He needs to find something fast or he and we could be in strife. Hawkins or Lynch would murder him and ultimately Us. Mids especially out of the middle losing clearance don't help his cause either in fairness.

I have been saying all year he is still a year away from being a consistent best 22 AFL Footballer and 3 years from being the star we know he can be. He is a liability when the ball hits the deck. Can not fault his effort to push back and defend when required but this at the moment imo is what impedes his ability to have the impact as a key forward. He simply lacks AFL Conditioning. By no means is he carrying weight or unfit but to my eye that body is just not developed for AFL Footy just yet. Looks gassed after every effort. Having said all that I think he is the better option to help keep that Melbourne defense honest and actually make them defend rather than being able to peel off and spread as they do. Our forwards need to get separation and make them chase **se.

He will benefit massively like the rest from a week off, still kicked two goals and had a goal assist and that is more than adeqyuate. Amartey isn't the answer he's ordinary.

Got howled down for this here a couple of weeks ago. He has been awful. Drops marks he now should be taking, goes to ground and to often puts himself out of the contest and trails in on every lead by opposition forward. He needs to find something fast or he and we could be in strife. Hawkins or Lynch would murder him and ultimately Us. Mids especially out of the middle losing clearance don't help his cause either in fairness.

Honestly these are the best key talls. He was VERY good against the Pies. It could help if our mids weren't get slaughter in centre clearances, I mean come off it what was it about 20-4 or some rubbish. At worst that stat should be even.

Spot On. IMO Friday night was more about them than Melbourne. They are massive front runners. Soft underbelly that side.

They are rubbish that side, but we didn't help ourselves not flogging North when we had the chance, and we have dropped games we should have won.

Was at the ground, one Saints fan near me was upset I was picking on Jones the whole night

Rowbottom is amazing. Right when everyone started putting time into Warner he just steps up and is fantastic. BOG for us

Heeney and Hayward did some really good things all game. As did McDonald. Why do we keep putting the ball onto Buddy's head when he has never been a contested mark?

I am worried about the big key forwards not because of T.Mac's form (which is down a bit, admittedly) but because of clearance work and particularly our centre clearance work. Hanner's was easily BOG for the game but he is retiring and destroyed us. The clearance work of Melbourne and Geelong will cause a massive headache when Gawn (BOG last we played them) and Hawkins are lurking deep forward

J.Mac was alright except for those 2 dropped marks in the centre of the ground. He takes those and we go inside 50. He drops them and they score twice.

I hope Papley is alright

yeah, yeah ... mostly i read only every second page, particularly in the first half or so of a game ... and usually just shake my head at the dumbest comments
but sometimes they're just too much ... either too personal or just plain stupidly wrong

absolutely they are , but who gives a s**t unless it's crossing some line

I thought yesterday people were acting like we were down by 100 points or something , but they wanted second so whatever

just not sure why we all get caught up on how others support the side (Hand up I have done it too )

just read it or don't , participate or don't and block people who s**t you off

just my
opinion

absolutely they are , but who gives a s**t unless it's crossing some line

I thought yesterday people were acting like we were down by 100 points or something , but they wanted second so whatever

just not sure why we all get caught up on how others support the side (Hand up I have done it too )

just read it or don't , participate or don't and block people who s**t you off

just my
opinion
Don't upset him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back