Autopsy Melbourne just a tad to good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting game. Coaching and effort masterclass from Melbourne.

We'll be a great side next year. We're not fit enough this year.

Re-sign McLean. Gulden awesome and nice to see Mills with his best game for the year. Hickey did well all things considered. Beautiful moment for Bud.

4.3 to 0.2 when we had it all to play for and they arguably should have put the cue in the rack..

I thought longmire s**t the bed today, yes he isnt out there,but he ****ed the sub again, we are flat as and Amartey hardly makes a contest but lets sit Francis the whole quarter.It was a clear sub to make.

Otherwise pick Roberts as a sub and inject some run late
parker played ok in patches , he can clear it, but just bombs it, but let's send him to every bounce

Thought Warner lowered his eyes this game and got back some form

Amartey is an athlete not a footballer

Rampe looks it’s coming fast to the end

Mccartin is gun

Need a marking KF

Making up the numbers if that last quarter continues

Reid will play week 1 of finals

Stop trolling about Reid playing please lol.

We are close imo to being top 4 next season it's just the 4th quarter issues we need to address.

Heeney so pleasing he is finishing so strongly Gulden will be top 5 in the comp next season

Hello Goaless last quarters, we meet again.
Something in the off season urgently needs to be done about our fitness and ability to run out games.

It’s a mix of a fitness and coaching issue. But the players inability to win and compete in 50/50 contests just shows that we’ll most likely be finals fodder this year.

4.3 to 0.2 when we had it all to play for and they arguably should have put the cue in the rack..

I thought longmire s**t the bed today, yes he isnt out there,but he ****ed the sub again, we are flat as and Amartey hardly makes a contest but lets sit Francis the whole quarter.It was a clear sub to make.

Otherwise pick Roberts as a sub and inject some run late
parker played ok in patches , he can clear it, but just bombs it, but let's send him to every bounce

You're going a bit too hard on the sub thing. Francis forward would have made no difference at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-3 in CP and Clearnaces without Papley against Dees im happy with.
Agree on fitness being issue our last quarters been horrible all year
Still dont know what Clarke offers sub or otherwise

You're going a bit too hard on the sub thing. Francis forward would have made no difference at all.

Would francis win the game? probably not, probably no difference the score, so ok I get it.

But its the lack of trying something, or anything to try and win the game, infuriating every time.

The sub just seems an obvious way to try and help the fourth quarter fade out thats all I am saying.

You cant make a difference if you don't get to try

Probably the most glass half full and empty I have felt about a game from us this year. Thought our effort and contested work was excellent for the most part of the game. We just got outclassed, outhunted and lost alot of our rebound and ground level work as the game wore on.

Petracca was the difference in the second half, no one could tackle him. They defended better than us and sharpened up in front of goal when it mattered. A frustrating way to lose with wasting alot of our chances, but for the most part I thought we played well against a top side prior to finals.

Need to work on our 4th quarters and we were probably due for a game where we couldn't execute infront of goal. Beaten by the better side, no injuries as well which is a positive.

Longmire got outcoached I thought for a large majority of the game Melbourne had at one stage 3 spare waiting for the kick out and we still couldn't win the ball.

Yep and it buggered Rampes Brain

We expended so much energy in the 3rd qtr trying to prove a point it resulted in a drop off in the last qtr allowing them to find too much space and walk over us.

You know what I'm getting it? Going above and beyond what you normally do that you end up suffering a much sharper drop off when you can't keep it up.

Anyway, Mills and Gulden were bloody great. Others had decent cameos.

I'm going to drop this one here... Heeney has way more skill and talent than Fritsch as a medium foward, yet the former lets himself down time and time again when it matters most kicking for goal; the latter basically got them over the line today because he can actually finish off his good work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back