Autopsy 2023 AFL Draft - Day 1 & 2 Kickoff at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed for Cabor, May and Rider
They were all U18 this year. I don’t know if it’s a deliberate strategy by the club, but the last three academy graduates we’ve put on the rookie list were all given an extra year to develop/make their case as U19s before winning that spot (Wicks, Edwards and now Kirk).

Even if it’s not deliberate, it should signal to them that they still have realistic opportunities if they stick with it.

They were all U18 this year. I don’t know if it’s a deliberate strategy by the club, but the last three academy graduates we’ve put on the rookie list were all given an extra year to develop/make their case as U19s before winning that spot (Wicks, Edwards and now Kirk).

Even if it’s not deliberate, it should signal to them that they still have realistic opportunities if they stick with it.

Yep. There is that lifeline. Hope you are right about the three lads, each of whom showed plenty of skill to my eye.

I hope the Academy kids are considered for Cat A spots in future years.

I have one who could be the next big leaping ruckman….get your pens out…..PENS I said.

Northern Bullants have a raw ruckman named Finbar Maley. Comes from elite sport stock… Dad an NBL Basketballer and sister a current Australian womens basketballer.

Finbar is raw … get hold of some Bullants video, he also plays divvy 2 seniors in the NFNL for Eltham There are vids on the Nfnl site as well.

This kid given the chance to develop in a strong AFL system could be the next NikNat.
Back in June I posted this one during our bye round.......Watch this guy for North!!!

Green & Cleary will have to bide their time in the 2’s, but anyone else think Snell can get some games at some stage next year? Hope he has a huge offseason and heaps the pressure on to Hamling, Melican & Francis.

PS. If Grundy got injured/rested, I’d still prefer Ladhams to our draftee who will be too “green” to play seniors next year (pardon the pun 😂)

Green & Cleary will have to bide their time in the 2’s, but anyone else think Snell can get some games at some stage next year? Hope he has a huge offseason and heaps the pressure on to Hamling, Melican & Francis.

PS. If Grundy got injured/rested, I’d still prefer Ladhams to our draftee who will be too “green” to play seniors next year (pardon the pun 😂)

Has the body that’s the first thing however gut says he’s a store for a year only for emergencies that we hope don’t occur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You nailed it.
I would copyright immediately. You will be a rich man by the time he plays.

The competition is inherently biased and will stay that way until the granny is rotated around the country. The northern clubs should fight for every advantage they have and (ideally) work together as a block.

It’s great to see that such a strongly non-AFL state is generating so many elite recruits. The challenge Gold Coast has particularly faced is turning that into on field performance and then retaining those top level players.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s great to see that such a strongly non-AFL state is generating so many elite recruits. The challenge Gold Coast has particularly faced is turning that into on field performance and then retaining those top level players.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's true. I wonder why Qld teams are having more success at keeping their talent away from NRL. They seem to have churned out numbers as good as NSW (I haven't crunched the numbers) with a fraction of the population.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back