2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I come in peace. Just wondering what you guys think will be an acceptable trade for Lobb considering he is contracted for 2 more years. Us at Fremantle think it will hurt our list big time losing him!!

Hello guys, I come in peace. Just wondering what you guys think will be an acceptable trade for Lobb considering he is contracted for 2 more years. Us at Fremantle think it will hurt our list big time losing him!!

An acceptable trade would be for the Suns to walk away and look elsewhere to be frank. Callum Coleman Jones is a cheaper option who will cost a lot else in cap space and draft currency

Pick in the 30s maybe?
A pick in the 30s wouldn't even get Fremantle talking mate. I floated this trade on our board

Lobb and Fremantles Second

for

Pick 19 and GC Second.

Thoughts? The big reason Fremantle will not let Lobb walk is because he is contracted and so important to our structure. Im hoping the rumours of him leaving aunt true!!

A pick in the 30s wouldn't even get Fremantle talking mate. I floated this trade on our board

for

Pick 19 and GC Second.

Thoughts? The big reason Fremantle will not let Lobb walk is because he is contracted and so important to our structure. Im hoping the rumours of him leaving aunt true!!

Wouldn’t happen on Freos side as you are trading a 700k season player. In free agency that’s a mid first rounder. Freo would want pick 5 and Suns will politely decline.

Callum Coleman Jones could be picked up for say 450k -500k and for pick 25. Much better result for us.

for

Pick 19 and GC Second.

I'm honestly not sure Lobb is that good. Him leaving won't change up Freo's rise up the ladder very much.

Wouldn’t happen on Freos side as you are trading a 700k season player. In free agency that’s a mid first rounder. Freo would want pick 5 and Suns will politely decline.

Callum Coleman Jones could be picked up for say 450k -500k and for pick 25. Much better result for us.
I actually don't think he is on that much anymore! He may have been on a heavily front ended deal which would work well for both clubs. Callum Coleman Jones is younger but is far from a sure thing as well. Thoughts on my trade suggestion though? I agree on the Pick 5 suggestion. Surely there is no way we could get that, even by giving a second rounder back.

for

Pick 19 and GC Second.

Not interested, think you should be looking on the Vic clubs threads. Freo are never interested in a fair win / win trade so why would we bother.
As others have said there is younger, cheaper quality out there

Not interested, think you should be looking on the Vic clubs threads. Freo are never interested in a fair win / win trade so why would we bother.
As others have said there is younger, cheaper quality out there
Ahhh fair mate! A free pick from the AFL in pick 19 and your getting a decent ruck key forward. Would be so hard stopping King and Lobb

People need to read that “article” again. The only person being quoted is the player’s agent.

Really sounds like he’s angling to get Lobb a contract extension at Freo by putting it out there that east coast clubs are interested.

I loved the bit about Lobb’s partner potentially looking for work in Melbourne, so let’s link GC to Lobb.

The “journo” must think Westerners have just a good sense of east coast geography, as Melbournians do of SEQ.

People need to read that “article” again. The only person being quoted is the player’s agent.

Really sounds like he’s angling to get Lobb a contract extension at Freo by putting it out there that east coast clubs are interested.

I loved the bit about Lobb’s partner potentially looking for work in Melbourne, so let’s link GC to Lobb.

The “journo” must think Westerners have just a good sense of east coast geography, as Melbournians do of SEQ.
I read it thinking Gold Coast must be a new suburb in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to point out that Rory Lobb is third in the league for contested marks this season and is averaging just under two goals a game. This is quite clearly the kind of player we need in our forward line because Ben King definitely isn't known for his contested marking and does go goalless in games from time to time.

Add another two goals to every game we've played this year and we would have beaten Adelaide, Carlton, St Kilda, North Melbourne (2) and the Bulldogs. That's an extra five wins that would have us placed 5th or 6th on the ladder with finals just about guaranteed.

And I want to point out he's only ever played 2 full seasons out of 8, 2016 when he was a young 23yo and 2020 when the season was reduced to 17 games....

And his partner has job opportunities in Melb....doubt he wants to be at GC anyway?

and at 700k , I think we can do better.....

for

Pick 19 and GC Second.

So probably valuing him around pick 15.
Don’t think a 29 year old who doesn’t seem to really love the game will play far into his 30s.
The 700k a year is seriously over valuing him and a negative contract. Taking that on should get us a discount - not having to pay more.

Depends on what he is willing to do contract wise.

If we could extend his contract by another year (Ie contracted until age 32) and smooth that money out so he is getting 1.6mill over 3 years rather than 1.4 over 2 years I’d CONSIDER something similar.

gc 2022 2nd + gc 2021 2nd for freo 2022 2nd.

doubt he comes to Queensland for that.

Agree with your sentiments in that whilst CCJ could provide a far more cost effective option, he isn’t proven and having a more mature guy to support king and co (if one exists) would be preferable IMO. For the right deal of course.

Ahhh fair mate! A free pick from the AFL in pick 19 and your getting a decent ruck key forward. Would be so hard stopping King and Lobb
Lol, you got him for the following

The Giants gave up Lobb and picks No.14, 43 and 47 to Fremantle while they received picks No.11 and 19.

But now after not working out and having a massive contract you want top dollar to clear him off your books, hard pass.

best of luck for the rest of the year

So probably valuing him around pick 15.
Don’t think a 29 year old who doesn’t seem to really love the game will play far into his 30s.
The 700k a year is seriously over valuing him and a negative contract. Taking that on should get us a discount - not having to pay more.

Depends on what he is willing to do contract wise.

If we could extend his contract by another year (Ie contracted until age 32) and smooth that money out so he is getting 1.6mill over 3 years rather than 1.4 over 2 years I’d CONSIDER something similar.

gc 2022 2nd + gc 2021 2nd for freo 2022 2nd.

doubt he comes to Queensland for that.

Agree with your sentiments in that whilst CCJ could provide a far more cost effective option, he isn’t proven and having a more mature guy to support king and co (if one exists) would be preferable IMO. For the right deal of course.
Would you take take that deal of Pick 19 and 23 for Lobb and Fremantle Second? I actually thought that it was fair for both parties providing Lobb takes a pay cut of course. The only reason i value him still around Pick 15 is because he has 2 years to run and is so crucial to our set up.

Lol, you got him for the following

The Giants gave up Lobb and picks No.14, 43 and 47 to Fremantle while they received picks No.11 and 19.

But now after not working out and having a massive contract you want top dollar to clear him off your books, hard pass.

best of luck for the rest of the year
Only reason he will be worth overs at the moment though is cause he is contracted mate. I agree hes probably not worth as much as i said but because hes contracted fremantle dont really have the incentive to trade him if that makes sense

Would you take take that deal of Pick 19 and 23 for Lobb and Fremantle Second? I actually thought that it was fair for both parties providing Lobb takes a pay cut of course. The only reason i value him still around Pick 15 is because he has 2 years to run and is so crucial to our set up.
guess it comes down to what Lobb wants to do.

don’t think anyone would want to pay that much for lobb given his age, contract and limitations as a player.

If he wants to leave think you’ll get offers valuing him in the late 20s to mid 30s as sunny suggested.

if he wants to stay, you’ll keep him on his 700k per year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back