Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this weeks injury saga... by the gods, if Mr Sier can't get an AFL game this week then he never will....

Yep his arch nemesis Cal Brown out for the season should get him a look in… but they might just opt for Macrae.

especially given we were smashed in clearances on Sunday.

A key element of that though was the lack of defensive application at the stoppage, and on their clearance work from the stoppages. They're not Sier's strengths. I'd still include him but I think we need to temper expectations. At a minimum, I think he can offer us cleaner clearances of our own.

Flogging a dead horse
Right. So lets really strike fear into the hearts of opponents by elevating someone like Rantall or McCrae to the inside mid position to replace Brown. That should cause a sleepless night for Port mids knowing that they will have to combat one of these two on Friday night!

Right. So lets really strike fear into the hearts of opponents by elevating someone like Rantall or McCrae to the inside mid position to replace Brown. That should cause a sleepless night for Port mids knowing that they will have to combat one of these two on Friday night!
Sier isn’t the answer. He’s gone backwards so far he’s out of contention to make it. He won’t be playing AFL at all in 2-3 for any club.

Sier is so much better suited physically for Port. Wines and Powell-Pepper would run over our young guys

He won’t make it
...or already hasn't made it, I think he is gone at season's end. Either a trade if there are any takers who think they can turn him around, most likely delisted.

The only thing that may save him is the new coach thinking they can extract a footballer out of him.

A lot of people saying he’s gone at the end of this season. (Which I tend to agree with)

But if we get an experienced coach that still sees potential in him, plays his in the right position, gives him the kick up the arse he needs over the pre season and a 1 year contract to prove his worth could see him still with us next year.

A lot of people saying he’s gone at the end of this season. (Which I tend to agree with)

But if we get an experienced coach that still sees potential in him, plays his in the right position, gives him the kick up the arse he needs over the pre season and a 1 year contract to prove his worth could see him still with us next year.
He's always has that potential for YEARS it's time to stop using the coach crutch - let's be honest until this last month he has been hot and cold - at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Sier, I would be negotiating now with other clubs and refuse any invitation from Collingwood to remain at the club. Then I would eagerly await my first game against the Pies next year.

He's always has that potential for YEARS it's time to stop using the coach crutch - let's be honest until this last month he has been hot and cold - at best.
Last month? Since he got the 30 possessions in a BOG performance, I don't think the VFL has played. Maybe you have been watching him in your dreams.

Even though the 1st year player in question has done very little to justify selection. Sier will be eagerly sought by other clubs.

Yes - and because we’ve played him so little at AFL this year, we’ll be lucky to get a pick in the 90’s for him.

No question that he has been his own worst enemy at times but I reckon Sier’s career at Collingwood has been badly mis-handled from beginning to end.

I hope Reef McInnes fares better as his like-for-like replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes - and because we’ve played him so little at AFL this year, we’ll be lucky to get a pick in the 90’s for him.

No question that he has been his own worst enemy at times but I reckon Sier’s career at Collingwood has been badly mis-handled from beginning to end.

Yes it has been badly mishandled

By Sier.

I also don't know what he has done to deserve being overlooked week after week. If he had paraded naked and drunk in suburban streets like Sidebottom, ridden around in cars with gangsters shooting bullets into the air like Didak, we would be aware of his misdemeanours. He hasn't even been suspended and has been available for selection week after week.

This is another huge slap in the face for Hine. Sier as a 2nd round selection was our first pick in his draft, a left field Hine special and so unknown that there was no profile of him available. Given how easily Collingwood gave up on Stephenson, a player whose early misbehaviour resulted in a 10 week suspension, I am not surprised that Collingwood is unable to accommodate players who don't fit the puritan Buckley mold, but there is no information in the public arena that explains Collingwood's unwillingness to play Sier. Just guesses from BF posters who like to pretend that they know stuff that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back