Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut down Melbourne metro , even with the regional cases that have come from exposure in Metro Melbourne there hasn’t been any outbreaks.

The problem is for our comp that there are sides with up to 10 or more players in some cases living in Melbourne.

We've seen what's happening in NSW where they have attempted to lockdown specific areas, it hasn't worked at all.

I don't know what the answer is, it's just an endless merry-go-round of lockdowns when you're target is eradication. We're all tired and we've all had enough 💔

The problem is for our comp that there are sides with up to 10 or more players in some cases living in Melbourne.

We've seen what's happening in NSW where they have attempted to lockdown specific areas, it hasn't worked at all.

I don't know what the answer is, it's just an endless merry-go-round of lockdowns when you're target is eradication. We're all tired and we've all had enough 💔
I know Euroa would have 15 or so in Melbourne. Most of which are euroa boys that moved down. 7 KDFL clubs not playing this weekend, might need some permits!

I think if the chance is there to play you'd have to snap it up we've had 10 games of Footy in 2 years! Both sides will have players missing if Metro is exempt. If numbers shortage is an issue give permission for 16 or even 14 a side in the Reserves through this period if you can't meet that forfeit but one game is better than none.

Last edited:
I think if the chance is there to play you'd have to snap it up we've had 10 games of Footy in 2 years! Both sides will have players missing if Metro is exempt. If numbers shortage is an issue give permission for 16 or even 14 a side in the Reserves through this period if you can't meet that forfeit but one game is better than none.

I have no dramas with the comp playing, but the legitimacy of the competition will be completely undermined if Melbourne guys can’t play. Positions on the ladder are as close as they have been for years. To play a compromised round will in my opinion severely tarnish the eventual results at the end of the season if we even get that far.

I have no dramas with the comp playing, but the legitimacy of the competition will be completely undermined if Melbourne guys can’t play. Positions on the ladder are as close as they have been for years. To play a compromised round will in my opinion severely tarnish the eventual results at the end of the season if we even get that far.
Do you feel the same when a Round is played and teams are missing players with injury? No. A game is very very rarely played with both sides having a full list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly.. by that standard you would be happy if euroa got to a grand final then had 15 missing after a snap lockdown was called?
The Show goes on. It could change list management to focus on local players which is what those who govern the game have always wanted.

Do you feel the same when a Round is played and teams are missing players with injury? No. A game is very very rarely played with both sides having a full list.

Sorry but that is a rediculous comparison. Injuries have been apart of all sports for ever. Only having players from your local area play for your team has never been apart of any competition I can remember. It might be some people’s ideal way of running a club but to suggest it is a realistic and viable option is unrealistic. There wouldn’t be many local country clubs who don’t rely on getting a few players out of the city whether it be locals travelling back or recruits. Many clubs would simply not be able to field two sides of this option was taken away.

Sorry but that is a rediculous comparison. Injuries have been apart of all sports for ever. Only having players from your local area play for your team has never been apart of any competition I can remember. It might be some people’s ideal way of running a club but to suggest it is a realistic and viable option is unrealistic. There wouldn’t be many local country clubs who don’t rely on getting a few players out of the city whether it be locals travelling back or recruits. Many clubs would simply not be able to field two sides of this option was taken away.
Sit at home & talk about the old days then.

Might be showing my age, but we may as well go back to the early 80s where you could only have players play for you if they lived within a certain distance of the town...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back