NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens if this vitriol shalacking Tex is getting from the media causes him to take his own life? What are they gonna say then? Will they admit the media that has continually lay the boot into him the last 5 years is partially responsible? Will they admit that constant media pressure on a person contributes to their mental health?

Will all those people and players that have said what they said in media this week feel bad or sorry that their words lead to this or will they think he deserved it or worse call him a coward?

He royally f’ed up, and has apologised and is now taking a break to figure things out for himself. Why can't the media move on? He is very obviously a broken man and incredibly sorry for his dumb idiotic actions but if the media keep laying in the boot I'm scared to where it will lead.
And this board...

ABC Radio in Melbourne have a regular spot on each week where two "spin doctors" public relations experts talk about the issues of the week. It's usually politics but this week, Tex has been the big story.
Just to let my SA based crows fans know, they actually gave the apology video a pretty strong thumbs up. They agreed it was very awkward and hard to watch but the key elements of an apology were done very well by Tex.
Firstly, his language was sincere and did not water down his guilt. He took full responsibility for his actions.
Secondly, having the target of the abuse present and accept the apology was agreed to be a significant element of the apology being said to who it should always be directed to.
Next, the handshake is a gesture between men that matters in our world. This was viewed as a beginning of of forgiveness.
Fourth, he asked (clumsily) for help from the victim to be better in future.
Lastly, the unscripted and amateur quality showed this was not a corporate and professional video written by a lawyer. They agreed it was an effort by a deeply remorseful man who is clearly sorry.

Some journalists are bottom feeders. Just ignore them and listen to the people that matter.
If only we were all spin doctors and believed everything that was spun at us. We’re not though.

ABC Radio in Melbourne have a regular spot on each week where two "spin doctors" public relations experts talk about the issues of the week. It's usually politics but this week, Tex has been the big story.
Just to let my SA based crows fans know, they actually gave the apology video a pretty strong thumbs up. They agreed it was very awkward and hard to watch but the key elements of an apology were done very well by Tex.
Firstly, his language was sincere and did not water down his guilt. He took full responsibility for his actions.
Secondly, having the target of the abuse present and accept the apology was agreed to be a significant element of the apology being said to who it should always be directed to.
Next, the handshake is a gesture between men that matters in our world. This was viewed as a beginning of of forgiveness.
Lastly, the unscripted and amateur quality showed this was not a corporate and professional video written by a lawyer. They agreed it was an effort by a deeply remorseful man who is clearly sorry.

Some journalists are bottom feeders. Just ignore them and listen to the people that matter.
This couldn't be more spot on.

If the video was more polished, the same people who don't like it would say it's too polished. From a script, too scripted. Not scripted, why didn't he put more effort into it. Robbie there, he shouldn't be, Robbie not there, it's meaningless until he apologies to him in person.

Sorry to intrude but it seems Tex is public enemy number 1 and many want blood. Yes he stuffed up but how far do people want to take the crucifixion. At the time Tex was entitled to think whatever he wanted to about Robbie Young. No one can control what an individual thinks about another person. He might absolutely hate the guy, think he is weak, a coward , whatever. The problem is his feelings towards Young at the time were expressed verbally, with the stupid use of a word or words that may not have represented his actual opinion of Young. For example what if Tex was thinking Young is a coward, the word he used doesn’t convey that. So if Tex had been smart enough to call him a “weak pr*ck” rather than what he said , he could have avoided this mess. Tex said something racist but I’m guessing Tex’s opinion of Young at the time had nothing to do with Young’s colour. Anyone who has played contact sport will know what I am talking about. If Tex dislikes or hates Young I’m guessing Young’s colour is not the issue. If you believe race is the issue with Tex then he has been playing with guys he hates due to their skin colour for years. I doubt that is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And this board...
Don't agree that comment.
This board is allowing a relevant discussion about racism. It's open to those of us who would prefer to not allow the topic to silently slip from our consciousness. It's voluntary and there are a range of views. This cannot be anything but good.
As far as Texs' mental health, I suspect the guy is just about shot right now. He's no doubt in a world of pain. If he did however read this board, it would be very good for him. There's hatred here but also support. It won't hurt him to understand both.
There is also other people's experiences and much constructive commentary.
It's topical, relevant and therapeutic to all of us that are hurt this week, irrespective of our own position.

Sorry to intrude but it seems Tex is public enemy number 1 and many want blood. Yes he stuffed up but how far do people want to take the crucifixion. At the time Tex was entitled to think whatever he wanted to about Robbie Young. No one can control what an individual thinks about another person. He might absolutely hate the guy, think he is weak, a coward , whatever. The problem is his feelings towards Young at the time were expressed verbally, with the stupid use of a word or words that may not have represented his actual opinion of Young. For example what if Tex was thinking Young is a coward, the word he used doesn’t convey that. So if Tex had been smart enough to call him a “weak pr*ck” rather than what he said , he could have avoided this mess. Tex said something racist but I’m guessing Tex’s opinion of Young at the time had nothing to do with Young’s colour. Anyone who has played contact sport will know what I am talking about. If Tex dislikes or hates Young I’m guessing Young’s colour is not the issue. If you believe race is the issue with Tex then he has been playing with guys he hates due to their skin colour for years. I doubt that is the case.

This :thumbsu:

You could very well be right that Walker's comment was nothing to do with Young's colour - but unfortunately we can only go by what he said, not what you assume he thinks!

Are you plagiarising my posts? (Only joking)
Great post. Awesome in fact.
I couldn't agree more.
To add to your post, I'd like to see Tex focus on racism now firstly and football secondly. He is the epitome of a white Australia which is still learning to live in a more tolerant nation. His "common man" voice might become a big step forward.
That said... I hope he's baring up personally just now.

What? You want him to go for indecent exposure as well?

I think enough now has happened for people to stop shitting on Tex. He has made a mistake, owned it, apologised, and now needs to take steps to redeem himself.

But the AFL media is continuing to pile on.

It's interesting isn't it? Mental health apparently is only important when it suits them. When they virtue signal and pretend they care. In reality, they don't give a * about mental health.

It's as if their position is that a person's mental health doesn't matter anymore if they have done something bad. Newsflash, nobody in existence is perfect.

And mental health still matters, even if that person has made mistakes. In fact, it's not uncommon for a person's mistakes to contribute to their depression. It doesn't mean they are no longer worthy of support.

Don't agree that comment.
This board is allowing a relevant discussion about racism. It's open to those of us who would prefer to not allow the topic to silently slip from our consciousness. It's voluntary and there are a range of views. This cannot be anything but good.
As far as Texs' mental health, I suspect the guy is just about shot right now. He's no doubt in a world of pain. If he did however read this board, it would be very good for him. There's hatred here but also support. It won't hurt him to understand both.
There is also other people's experiences and much constructive commentary.
It's topical, relevant and therapeutic to all of us that are hurt this week, irrespective of our own position.
Good I'm pleased you don't.

People not only want their pound of flesh from Taylor they want to dance on his skeleton.

He could have done no more than he has at this point in his journey.

I’m just glad Warren Tredrea is getting an opportunity to have some opinion pieces in The Age. Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens if this vitriol shalacking Tex is getting from the media causes him to take his own life? What are they gonna say then? Will they admit the media that has continually lay the boot into him the last 5 years is partially responsible? Will they admit that constant media pressure on a person contributes to their mental health?

Will all those people and players that have said what they said in media this week feel bad or sorry that their words lead to this or will they think he deserved it or worse call him a coward?

He royally f’ed up, and has apologised and is now taking a break to figure things out for himself. Why can't the media move on? He is very obviously a broken man and incredibly sorry for his dumb idiotic actions but if the media keep laying in the boot I'm scared to where it will lead.

Don’t worry if this was the case the media would absolve themselves before changing the narrative to the “cautionary tale” of Tex Walker and then laying into the club for lack of duty of care.

Adelaide captain Rory Sloane said on Thursday that he had held discussions with the Crows’ Indigenous players following the Walker incident.
“They’ve been very honest with me, which is all I can ask for,” Sloane said.
“It’s very tough one for someone like myself to put myself in their position.
[PLAYERCARD]Rory Sloane[/PLAYERCARD] (left) and [PLAYERCARD]Taylor Walker[/PLAYERCARD].

Rory Sloane (left) and Taylor Walker.Getty
“To try and understand this at a deeper level is something we all should do, to have the chat.
“As a whole footy club, we don’t stand for racism.” “

“Meanwhile AFL and Crows major sponsor Toyota has applauded the league and club’s stance in relation to the Walker matter.”

You could very well be right that Walker's comment was nothing to do with Young's colour - but unfortunately we can only go by what he said, not what you assume he thinks!

But you can — and should — judge a bloke by his character history, and Walker’s is exceptional.

I’m just glad Warren Tredrea is getting an opportunity to have some opinion pieces in The Age. Good on him.

Throwing someone you’ve had a personal involvement with under the bus to further your own career is the act of a ******* dog.

At least we know who he really is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back