List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what happens when if we miss out on ben king? Or larkey get injured? Literally have one fit kpf on a list of 40 plus footballers. Walker isnt one.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we miss out on King so be it but we should plan to target the best prospects in the game rather than just grabbing whos available at a given time when we are skinny in a position.

If we miss out on King so be it but we should plan to target the best prospects in the game rather than just grabbing whos available at a given time when we are skinny in a position.
A cardboard cutout of the duck is a better 2nd kpf than those we have on our list. We should have some depth for comben, edwards and perhaps another draft pick time to develop and play senior footy without getting bashed. Josh Walker isnt it, and two clubs prior to us agree.

A cardboard cutout of the duck is a better 2nd kpf than those we have on our list. We should have some depth for comben, edwards and perhaps another draft pick time to develop and play senior footy without getting bashed. Josh Walker isnt it, and two clubs prior to us agree.

If weidman and ricardi come cheap enough I think they'll end up filling the position.

Interesting how the commentary can change from one game to the next.. I’d still say we’re the best 18th placed side..

DR 100% and my personal view hasn't changed due to todays mess. But if my job was say list manager I'd feel I had failed if we get knocked back.

I love how we're tracking yes we have gaps and the team today I have question marks against; McDonald, Hall, Walker ( actually not Walker he should be finished now) , Atley, Turner and Dumont. Being a nasty prick I would suggest if all of those left it wouldn't have a huge impact.

I expect the majority to stay of course. We need back in the side; Perez, Comben, JZ, Cunners, Powell and Corr. I think next season will be lean again before we make our charge in 2023

I guess there's a lot of mature aged key forwards in the state league that would give their left Nut to get onto an AFL list.
I’d love that to be the case, just not sure Melb would let him go cheap

If one temporary spot filler makes that big of a difference we aint winning the flag next year, so dont care where we finish. Its about building the list to win flags. Might as well back Comben, if he's injured we play 2 rucks and send 1 forward. Following year King is OOC and then we chase someone hell of a lot better than a plug.
Melbourne clubs will be queuing up to throw money at Ben King. The chance of him ending up with us is minute. Basing or strategy around that is crazy, as is depending on Charlie Comben to play every game, given his injury record. Is there another team with only two key forwards on its list? It's not unlikely that some time next year both Larkey and Comben will be injured. What do we do then?

Melbourne clubs will be queuing up to throw money at Ben King. The chance of him ending up with us is minute. Basing or strategy around that is crazy, as is depending on Charlie Comben to play every game, given his injury record. Is there another team with only two key forwards on its list? It's not unlikely that some time next year both Larkey and Comben will be injured. What do we do then?

If we save every dollar this off season we will have a bigger war chest than any other club thus our chances of landing him seem possible.

We could look to rookie a mature state level KPF and we would have the option of taking one in the mid season draft should we get desperate during the season.

Get Tom Lynch, Mitch Wallis, and Matt Crouch.

Premiership window, here we come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I will say on all of this, is thank the Lord that none of us is actually in charge of List management. It would be s#%! Show. Saying that I wouldn't be opposed to anyone on here being the list manager of another club. As long as they actually tried hard to be a success the team they would be looking after would be bottom 4 for the next decade.
I hear * might need a new list manager soon

The only thing I will say on all of this, is thank the Lord that none of us is actually in charge of List management. It would be s#%! Show. Saying that I wouldn't be opposed to anyone on here being the list manager of another club. As long as they actually tried hard to be a success the team they would be looking after would be bottom 4 for the next decade.
I hear * might need a new list manager soon
Big difference between players' feelings and what needs to be done for the team.
Sometimes you have to be ruthless and that was obviously shown by cutting so many last year.
Reckon a few on here would have similar mindsets to luff, brady and co in the list management team.
It all comes down to performance on field and you gotta distance yourself from the situation.

someone that can kick a goal fro 50m would be nice. We can’t spread opposition defenders at all at the moment, 1 or 2 players that are dangerous from the arch would make an enormous difference. Or forward 50 is so easy to defend at the moment because defenders are able to confidently stay deep. One example was TT yesterday after taking the screamer, at no stage at all did he ever look at talking a shot. We need to be more dangerous from longer range for our forward line to be more affective.

Not watched Chol much but we have a ruck depth issue looming IMO.

Playing Goldie as pseudo~solo ruck every game, every year is like flipping a coin over and over calling 'heads'. Eventually it's coming up tails..

I really like Campbell but his failure to seize his chance as understudy vs Richmond may have cost him more than his spot the next week unfortunately.

Nick Larkey (like BBB) should never go near the ruck. Comben is a baby in KPP terms and would much prefer he's left to develop as a full-time forward. If Comben is a baby, Edwards is a blip on an ultrasound and not even in depth considerations in 2022.

It leaves us with Xerri as the Goldstein break-glass option. Based on his 2021 form he's at best a serviceable relief ruckman (at this stage of his career). He's not particularly shone in that role thus far and expanding his involvement to be a fulltime 1st ruck next year - and expect him to tip games our way - would be a stretch.

Based on that I think we should be looking at another mature ruck to replace Campbell and act as Goldstein support and understudy plus another young project ruckman to develop alongside Comben and Edwards.

Yeh, yeh I'm quoting my own post. Deal with it.

I stand by this line more than ever. Yesterday was the first game we saw an ageing Goldie playing as a mere mortal. And saw the game result.

We need proper sustainable back-up on the list sooner rather than later.

Even if 2022 is a 'development' year we need some structure to be competitive for clearances. It starts in the ruck.

I stand by this line more than ever. Yesterday was the first game we saw an ageing Goldie playing as a mere mortal. And saw the game result.

Even if 2022 is a 'development' year we need some structure to be competitive for clearances. It starts in the ruck.
I actually thought last week he looked pretty ordinary against a journeyman in Hickey. Warning signs of the end are there unfortunately, especially considering the amount of game time he clocks up

I actually thought last week he looked pretty ordinary against a journeyman in Hickey. Warning signs of the end are there unfortunately, especially considering the amount of game time he clocks up

If we got into contention while he's still playing, we'd really a need a proper multi-role ruckman supporting him.

A 2013 Majak Daw would be ideal. Anyone got a time machine?

Yep father time is catching up with the great man and he’ll need assistance in the guts as he transitions out over the next couple of years.

I can still see some quality footy left in him, but the days of him dominating for a whole game on his own for a whole season should be over.

If we got into contention while he's still playing, we'd really a need a proper multi-role ruckman supporting him.

A 2013 Majak Daw would be ideal. Anyone got a time machine?
Maybe that’s why Chol’s name has been floated?..

Solid ruckman who can take a contested grab and kick goals.

someone that can kick a goal fro 50m would be nice. We can’t spread opposition defenders at all at the moment, 1 or 2 players that are dangerous from the arch would make an enormous difference. Or forward 50 is so easy to defend at the moment because defenders are able to confidently stay deep. One example was TT yesterday after taking the screamer, at no stage at all did he ever look at talking a shot. We need to be more dangerous from longer range for our forward line to be more affective.
Polec and Hall around the arch would be a big danger but ones having his best season in the AFL down back, the other needs to pull his finger out.

Maybe that’s why Chol’s name has been floated?..

Solid ruckman who can take a contested grab and kick goals.

Hopefully if we land him that's what he becomes.

It's a topic for later but I've pondered Majak's development recently and think we played it way, way too slow and constrained with him.

Every promising glimpse he showed in preseason/VFL games in the first few years translated to next to no on-field opportunity. What a weapon he could've been running side-saddle with Goldie in the 2014-15 period if we'd utilised him in the seniors properly.

Anyway.

Let’s not forget that it was the end of a long season for Goldie. He has another few years left in him but we must have a second ruckman playing along side him every week now. That will prolong his career and will help us win games at the same time.

On another note, does that mistake from Josh Walker have any impact on his contract or was his fate sealed anyway?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back