Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I meant. Betts was very vocal in support of Teague. May interfere with his decision making regarding a replacement. He is friends with numerous players so those friendships may have more a bearing on what is best for them compared to what is best for the club.
You'd like to think Eddie would be a club man and not try and find the right coach for his closest mates. I think anybody relatively fresh out of the game will have some natural bias going into a process. And you'd be trusting the character of the person to put it to one side and do a good job of the task at hand.

If it had to come from outside of the club who would you lean towards? Burgoyne is one that comes to mind, but if Clarko is in the running that rules him out.

Strong word from inside the Geelong bubble - Brian Cook will be at Carlton.

I always thought the Geelong bubble was what protected Selwood, GAJ and Dangerfield from getting suspended....

Any insight into the general vibe amongst players/coaches atm?
The group is a little numb but that is because of the uncertainty at the moment. Once everything falls into place you will find the younger group will start to voice their views and drive the culture.

Soft cap limits are going to be interesting on who we can accommodate in our coaching ranks. Things are still up in the air and even our ruck coach has been given no guarantees.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton captain could be: Jezza, Walls, Fitzpatrick, Johnston, Maclure, Sticks, Bradley, McKay, Kouta

I think more likely to be one of Walls, Fitzpatrick, Sticks, McKay or Maclure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's still the board and then the noisy rich folk not even on it to sort out.

Greg Swann was meant to be the messiah CEO and has done a good job since leaving CFC

People come to Carlton in all different positions and fail. They go elsewhere and have success.

The board (puppets), controlled by power brokers behind the scenes have had too much control for way too long. If you think they will disappear you are dreaming. We will always need their $$$. None of them know what it takes to run an elite sporting org. The last 25 years is enough proof. Our current pres has been part of that culture for 7 of those years. Just putting it out there.

You need to fix the root and we are still not doing that. There will always be a divide within this club, people doing their own thing, people not set up for success. Time to replace the tree and weed out all the old roots. You need to have one at the top who knows how to run an elite sporting organization.

But the messiah will always save us!

Last edited:
We will always need their $$$
why?

what makes Carlton so beholden to rich benefactors who have NFI?

does Richmond, or West Coast or Geelong get controlled by nuffies?

maybe now that the ex President has put us in a strong financial position we can cut the cord with the Pratts, Matthiesons etc.

Last edited:
So we're going for a guy who wants a year off as coach and a bloke who wants to retire as CEO.

Can't see any of that possibly turning out badly. :p ;)

Geelong are pushing Cook out...Steve Hocking the annointed one. If Cook didn't still have the desire, I don't think he'd accept the job. He would have been on a good wicket at Geelong for a long time.

The group is a little numb but that is because of the uncertainty at the moment. Once everything falls into place you will find the younger group will start to voice their views and drive the culture.

Soft cap limits are going to be interesting on who we can accommodate in our coaching ranks. Things are still up in the air and even our ruck coach has been given no guarantees.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would hate to lose him, blokes like him are exactly what we need at the moment (at least my perception of him!)

Bit confused by this whole coaching panel/process that’s happening.

Firstly I’m all for a coaching panel and a thorough process, but what’s the point of a panel and what’s the point of a process, if a requirement of the job is, must be an experienced coach? Is that thorough?

We have supposedly seen Buckley withdraw, Pyke not interested, Clarkson not interested and there is Voss who was overlooked again.

Whats the point of a panel, when you have pretty much only given them 1-2 candidates?

Brian Cook is one of the best CEOs in the business, appointed only 2 coaches at Geelong in 23 years, both of which, were untried, what would he think if he accepted the job and was asked to oversee the hiring of a new coach, but was told forget the best candidate, we only want an experienced coach?

If Cook is a great operator, we have a panel and we do a process, please just pick the best fit for the job, regardless of reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back