Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the feeling Cook would be at Carlton given his response when asked. Something along the lines of "I'm focussing on Geelong in the finals right now".

That sort of answer basically admits he's leaving. If he were staying with Geelong he'd say he's staying, not deflect the question and say I'm focussed here right now.

He's already leaving at the end of the year, regardless of whether he joins Carlton.
Steve Hocking is replacing him.

From the Herald Sun: ' Cook, 65, was set to retire at the end of the season after an illustrious 23-year CEO career at the Cats, including three premierships. He is being replaced by former AFL boss Steve Hocking in the Geelong role but was expected to stay on at GMHBA Stadium in a consultancy role '

So it's about whether he wants to retire, remain at Geelong in a 'consultancy' role, or take up a new challenge (and earn more money) as Carlton's CEO.

We had a much longer time frame which was more forgiving to work around different schedules.

10ish weeks for the review and maybe a month or so for a coach.
Yeah that is true. But with no time difference at play and the process of being on a selection panel for a coach being far less time intensive I struggle to believe it would be impossible to find 4-5 hours a week in Gerard's schedule to do this over Zoom in the next 4 weeks.

Would anyone be a fan of chasing English in the trade period? On the outer at the Dogs, especially with Darcy coming in. Definitely fills an area of need, only 24. Pair him with TDK and there is your ruck combo for the next 10 years. Probably wouldn't cost that much either.
No from me - he's basically a non-rucking, ruckman ie an oversized utility.
There are better fits to play alongside TDK who is also better around the ground than at a stoppage.
I'd be looking for the next Mumford/Darcy type of raging bull that would help set the tone out of the middle.

Last edited:
This would be the biggest coup of the offseason bar none. Essential in turning our culture around. Surely old Cooky has a few good years left in him.

His job at the Blues certainly wouldn't be boring! Keep him young and on his toes.
There's still the board and then the noisy rich folk not even on it to sort out.

Greg Swann was meant to be the messiah CEO and has done a good job since leaving CFC

Strong word from inside the Geelong bubble - Brian Cook will be at Carlton.

I would trade Cain Liddle, a rookie trainer and a future 2nd tier hire.

If we had to, I might even pay some of Liddle's salary.

Get it done, Carlton.

He's already leaving at the end of the year, regardless of whether he joins Carlton.
Steve Hocking is replacing him.

From the Herald Sun: ' Cook, 65, was set to retire at the end of the season after an illustrious 23-year CEO career at the Cats, including three premierships. He is being replaced by former AFL boss Steve Hocking in the Geelong role but was expected to stay on at GMHBA Stadium in a consultancy role '

So it's about whether he wants to retire, remain at Geelong in a 'consultancy' role, or take up a new challenge (and earn more money) as Carlton's CEO.
Ah ok, well still even then the same still applies. If he was staying with Geelong he'd say as much. His deflection and non-committal response still leads me to believe he's out.

For Cook, I would trade Cain Liddle, a rookie trainer and a future 2nd tier hire.

Get it done, Carlton.

I definitely am not interested in Geelong throwing in any fringe administrators.

I know they have a stacked middle office, with some real experienced and elite administrators, but Geelong know what they are doing and don't get rid of anyone that's any good... ;)

No from me - he's basically a non-rucking, ruckman ie an oversized utility.
There are better fits to play alongside TDK who is also better around the ground then at a stoppage.
I'd be looking for the next Mumford/Darcy type of raging bull that would help set the tone out of the middle.
he was a midfielder who grew an extra 20cm or so as a teen. He still kind of plays like that.

There's still the board and then the noisy rich folk not even on it to sort out.

Greg Swann was meant to be the messiah CEO and has done a good job since leaving CFC
he couldn't even commit enough to live in Melbourne

EDIT: I may have trigg & swan mixed up...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would trade Cain Liddle, a rookie trainer and a future 2nd tier hire.

Get it done, Carlton.
I think the lure of working along side Poynter is a massive draw card for Cook

Yup I’d offer :-
Dow & 2022 1st for English/ Ladham / Lynch &
SPS & 2021 1st for Cerra
Trade in Hewett & another mature midfielder too and our engine room is just about right.

Silly season has well and truly arrived. Good lord.

I don't think Teague will be in the running this time around

Not what I meant. Betts was very vocal in support of Teague. May interfere with his decision making regarding a replacement. He is friends with numerous players so those friendships may have more a bearing on what is best for them compared to what is best for the club.

jLvHUfB.png

Uh oh, he's talking to himself again... :p

Why would the dogs want Dow? Where does he fit below Bont, Macrae, Libba, Treloar, Dunkley, Smith, etc

and I don't see why we'd go spend significant trade capital on English.

Three trades mentioned in that post, each as ludicrous as the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back