Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it quacks like a duck it’s a duck... Clarko ain’t coming. But I will say it’s odd that he wants to take a year off to spend time with family and be around whilst his kid does year 12. Next minute he wants ditch the kid stuck doing year 12 and go to a USA or Europe to spend time himself doing courses and studying to come back and hope he’ll get a head gig opportunity immediately.

Just bored during lockdown. Although Shakespeare himself lived through a pandemic too.....so this one is for you!

A Litany in Time of Plague:

Rich men, trust not in wealth,
Gold cannot buy you health;
Physic himself must fade.
All things to end are made,
The plague full swift goes by;
To sign our man, a break in the bye.
  Lord, have mercy on us!

Beauty is but a flower
Which wrinkles will devour;
Brightness falls from the air;
Queens have died young and fair;
Dust hath closed katmanblue's eye.
But the Blues, next year will fly.
  Lord, have mercy on the rest of the AFL!
Shakespeare herself Emilia Bassano

I don't get the love for Chris Scott (or Brad). He walked into a star-studded premiership side, won a flag in his first year that anyone could've won with that team and has done nothing since. I mean, sure, they've stayed top 8 and top 4 for most of his time, but they've just been selling their future every year to stay relevant.
Wasnt his fault he walked into a killer team, he is a great coach top three in the afl atm. Would have him at the club in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a senior assistant apparently
However he's obviously put his hat in the ring for our coaching job because the Age article info clearly came from the club.
So his Collingwood role must be conditional on no better roles being offered before he starts.
I seriously doubt it. The amount of smack he and Gerard Whateley continue to talk about us, and how wrong we’ve got things, there’s no way that counts in his favor.

Last edited:
For those putting Williams name forward as the head coach, he’s old, he’d be the oldest coach in the AFL.
If you consider 63yo to be old, then he's old.
Just for some context. Bill Belichick one of the greatest coaches in NFL History still going strong at 69yo.
7x Premiership coach 71yo Wayne Bennett has South Sydney in the NRL top 4 this year.

This is from an scum supporting mate in relation to Weightman last week

“Wasn't suggesting it had a influence on result. be he's a complete cheat. 36% of his goals this year from frees. Highest in the comp! He's a cheat, first instinct always to play for free, ball 2nd.

all 4 last week were from frees so he excelled himself. possibly 1 was there, possibly. But he took his cheating to new levels.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah that's just a salty scum supporter

Experienced coaches preferences are - Clarko, Chris Scott, Bucks, Brad Scott and of the inexperienced I have no real preference and maybe Kingsley is the best of the assistants out there but he shouldn’t be the favourite. If we are gonna put assistants through the process I’d be keen to have a chat to Nigel Lappin, Matthew Scarlett and Blake Carcella. i personally don’t want an untried coach we have gone with that our last 2 coaches and it hasn’t worked, I want an experienced coach who knows what they are doing instead of the unknown
So the answer is yes. You're still stuck up on things that aren't going to happen, as frozen would say, "let it go"

Last edited:
Which is my point with Kingsley, Leppa is a great assistant coach and some guys are just suited to that role. Just because Kingsley is a good assistant coach and he apparently came 2nd in the pies race doesn’t mean his ready to be a senior coach or even be a good senior coach
And it also doesn't mean he isn't ready. How often does the "experienced" coach route work out? Have a look at the last 15 premierships and get back to me with how many of them were won with recycled coaches vs first time coaches. I understand your bias to wanting an experienced coach, but I doesn't mean you're right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back