Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting the rider that I had all my top teeth removed on Monday (no, I've never followed Collingwood) and that I'm on a cocktail of drugs that may have killed Phar Lap, I don't think we're in a stuff up. I believe that Sayers is working hard, and having plugged the leaks (except for the ones that Caro has been pulling from thin air) real change is about to arrive.

We will have a better coaching team, new administrators and a socially distanced kick off here. I don't know who the coach will be, but if its not Clarkson, I won't die. What will matter is the attitude and cultural change that comes in followed by a serious by-in from the players that are ready to go to war. (I expect that means that McGovern will be reduced to bugle boy).

Excuse me now while I take my ketamine.
1631231002548.png

Collingwood and Carlton executives meet in street.

Coll: Hi there (they say hello to us not the other way around and they only wish they could be like us)

Carl: Do I know you?..... oh ermmmm.....yeah your from the maggies right?

Coll: Yes remember we've met quite a few times, talked a bit

Carl: No, not really. I hear you went through a process. Can we have the blueprints?

Coll: (Falling over self with exuberant sense of over importance) Yes yes yes ...happy to help you guys out.

Carl: Thanks. We want to know what not to do...............See ya later.

I would actually love for a President to be more combative with the media when they get it wrong and actually apply some consequences. Like in this instance, call it out and say "the suggestion that we needed to ask Collingwood for advice about selecting a coach is absolutely ludicrous and as a result Caroline and Channel 9 won't have any access to our players and staff for the next 6 months'.

It will never happen for a litany of reasons (including it being a bit self-destructive) but goddamn it would engage the base.
Initially I like MLGs silence, because when we started the 66 game rebuild thing we said what was needed and the media criticising him for not speaking wasn't really relevant, we'd announced the rebuild and what more could he say? He'd just have been playing up the media.

In the last year or 2 though his silence has been a negative imo. We needed someone to strongly lead the club and fight for us. Instead he sat out the back.

I like Sayers start on this front.

So do you guys reckon we will get Brian Cook? Don’t know about Adam Cerra, my opinion he probably requests a trade do the Demons but I don’t know what they would trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting username you have chosen. I would think highly unlikely Brian Cook would have any interest in coming to Carlton.

It’s not “bizarre” at all that we asked Collingwood about their process. Seems like good governance to me.

Agreed!

Besides, what is the issue here? We reached out? Or that it was Collingwood? Either way I actually think it's a refreshing change, our old stubborn we know best ways haven't worked for years. No harm in learning new methods. You know, the whole why re-invent the wheel thing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Well, I'm not sure exactly how it went down."

... isn't this the sort of thing you'd expect a news organisation, you know, to investigate? Instead of going off like a two bulb watch with the tabloid scoup - Carlton asked Collingwood for help, shock horror - inquire with Carlton what was asked for, what was provided; give me a reason to actually think it's a good or a bad idea.

What do you want us to do? You're criticising our current process and how we've handled the dismissals and the process around revamping the football department; when we ask someone you complemented for their processes for assistance with ours, you're still having a crack!

Seriously.

I am reminded of why I don't watch that show. I am reminded of why I genuinely dislike AFL journalism, regardless of which way it points its discerning gaze. Bunch of dickheads sitting around a table in front of a camera looking for the fastest avenue to tell someone in the industry about how 'It's not a good look', it's 'Embarrassing', 'That will put pressure on...' or 'He/she/they've got a lot to learn'.

Lovely. Thanks for that sterling insight. My life's not sh*t enough from the lockdowns that you want to pour some more on me right now. Wonderful.

Piss off.
Here if you want to chat, mate. These lockdowns are - pardon the dutch phrase used here mods - geneukt.

"Well, I'm not sure exactly how it went down."

... isn't this the sort of thing you'd expect a news organisation, you know, to investigate? Instead of going off like a two bulb watch with the tabloid scoup - Carlton asked Collingwood for help, shock horror - inquire with Carlton what was asked for, what was provided; give me a reason to actually think it's a good or a bad idea.

What do you want us to do? You're criticising our current process and how we've handled the dismissals and the process around revamping the football department; when we ask someone you complemented for their processes for assistance with ours, you're still having a crack!

Seriously.

I am reminded of why I don't watch that show. I am reminded of why I genuinely dislike AFL journalism, regardless of which way it points its discerning gaze. Bunch of dickheads sitting around a table in front of a camera looking for the fastest avenue to tell someone in the industry about how 'It's not a good look', it's 'Embarrassing', 'That will put pressure on...' or 'He/she/they've got a lot to learn'.

Lovely. Thanks for that sterling insight. My life's not sh*t enough from the lockdowns that you want to pour some more on me right now. Wonderful.

Piss off.
Great post.

Anyone would think that Caro would know more about a consultation process more than a former CEO of PriceWaterhouseCooopers...

Ill play today.

My post the night before about throwing another snag on the barbie was in relation to Gia (hot dog). The role that I heard was not the head role (yet).

That's as much as I can openly share this morning.

Sportsbet may have similar but different info.

Nek minnit Gia as caretaker for 2022 and Clarko signed to take over for 2023...

Ill play today.

My post the night before about throwing another snag on the barbie was in relation to Gia (hot dog). The role that I heard was not the head role (yet).

That's as much as I can openly share this morning.

Sportsbet may have similar but different info.

* performance this year can’t be all Rutten related - Gia would be a good get
:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back