Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The confirmation bias is strong in me (as I think Sutto has been too conservative), but this is a well-written article. With a lovely finishing uppercut to BS,

"There is a fundamental starting point in science that in seeking proof that an intervention is effective, it should be first assumed that the intervention does not work, and we seek evidence to disprove this. That seems to have been lost in Victoria’s approach to pandemic policy, and we desperately need it back."

Bobby-worthy body blow before the upper-cut:

"...This discussion is not about badgering the Victorian cabinet into moving quicker, they are, after all, relying on health advice. It is about questioning the caution of the Victorian public health decisions and whether the evidence relied upon to make them is sound..."

Quite often, yes, though the cold weather has necessitated the use of a dressing gown. The birds perhaps have a sixth sense that I am a lover of magpies, though their choice of nesting place makes me seriously doubt they could raise the barest of a birdbrain between them, let alone own a sense beyond the 5 that comprise the usual allotment.
Mum feeding at 3.12 pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just one or two of the pairs. Part of the enjoyment of the present for the receiver could be to guess the experimental pairs from the unsoiled.
What would some of the clues include?

The confirmation bias is strong in me (as I think Sutto has been too conservative), but this is a well-written article. With a lovely finishing uppercut to BS,

"There is a fundamental starting point in science that in seeking proof that an intervention is effective, it should be first assumed that the intervention does not work, and we seek evidence to disprove this. That seems to have been lost in Victoria’s approach to pandemic policy, and we desperately need it back."

With that quote, I think the Vics are viewing the restrictions as the status quo and removing them as an intervention, from that perspective they're not being unscientific.

The whole thing has been interesting in terms of the scientific approach and data reliant decision making. I don't view it as cautious or non- cautious. Eg. Sometimes it hasn't been cautious enough, as we saw with the initial skepticism around lockdown and masks, many experts in the west weren't interested in either as there was no data that showed that it worked.

With that quote, I think the Vics are viewing the restrictions as the status quo and removing them as an intervention, from that perspective they're not being unscientific.

The whole thing has been interesting in terms of the scientific approach and data reliant decision making. I don't view it as cautious or non- cautious. Eg. Sometimes it hasn't been cautious enough, as we saw with the initial skepticism around lockdown and masks, many experts in the west weren't interested in either as there was no data that showed that it worked.
Did you read the article?

Last minute jab mandate..

All hospitality workers required to be FV'd by Friday..

The venues are racing now to see how many of their staff they can get to 'forward their appointments' so they can open this weekend.. or at some stage next week. you can work in a hospital after Fri with one jab.. you can teach at a school after Fri with one jab.. but you can't work in a pub or a bar or whatever re..

Makes sense.

Last edited:
You mean the ALP supporters who were putting personal blame on Gladys for not managing lockdown properly thus being singularly responsible for the Covid outbreak? That idea seems to have fallen away as time has gone on.

No way !

So Gladys kicks 9.3 in the first three quarters of the grannie and the boots went in ?

(Sure she got reported for some off-field backhanders…)

At least super-sub Dom The Breeder was given a fair go when he burst on the ground

Dom is more than doubling the number of women’s refuges, supporting existing legislation providing pro choice and gay marriage, and has a laser focus on Western Suburbs’ economic prosperity

Dom also said return of freedoms was about the positive actions by the residents of NSW, not the government

And his nerd sperm is more potent than a French nuclear sub

Last minute jab mandate..

All hospitality workers required to be FV'd by Friday..

The venues are racing now to see how many of their staff they can get to 'forward their appointments' so they can open this weekend.. or at some stage next week. you can work in a hospital after Fri with one jab.. you can teach at a school after Fri with one jab.. but you can't work in a pub or a bar or whatever re..

Makes sense.
I guarantee this wasn't communicated to hospitality venues either. Another shithouse move by this government towards this industry, given superspreader environments like schools haven't been hit with the same treatment. The Andrews gov has been quite comical with how clueless it has managed hospitality restrictions, evidenced by what they've done to regional businesses over the last month.

You mean the ALP supporters who were putting personal blame on Gladys for not managing lockdown properly thus being singularly responsible for the Covid outbreak? That idea seems to have fallen away as time has gone on.
I still blame her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back