Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if AFP are actually onsite, but it appears they are helping.

Scomo has stated that the AFP are using their 'advanced capabilities' to assist. Not sure if its any jurisdictional thing as such.
I see that as good news then, they should be using everything available to find her.

Here's some of what Morrison said today on this case about the AFP (without telling us anything we don't already know).

'Mr Morrison told 6PR radio on Tuesday....

in terms of technology and tradecraft, the AFP have some very advanced capabilities, leading edge, not just here in Australia but all around the world.

"As much as I’d love to reveal exactly what some of those are, and how they’re being used, we certainly can’t talk about that on air.

"But the AFP are there, they’ve joined that process. I’m very pleased to say that they’re helping in every way they possibly can, through their intelligence capabilities, their technology and their forensics abilities.'

The article BFew posted a few posts above this mention that Forensics had return to the campsite today but no mention of the AFP. If the AFP get involved wouldn't that be putting in the realm of human trafficking?
The AFP have greater access to the technology side of gathering information. It’s easier for them to access metadata, phone tower information etc. It could also be a human trafficking issue, but I’d assume that would have been canvassed from the beginning.

Not sure if AFP are actually onsite, but it appears they are helping.

Gee I hope the AFP's field officers are directly involved with the perpetrators capture.

Can just imagine the press conference after with them explaining how the perpetrator, who is recovering in hospital, somehow managed to sustain; three broken ribs, a fractured arm, a broken nose, a cracked jaw and a few busted teeth, simply by 'accidently falling out of their parked vehicle' during a routine transfer...

"Gee, I'm not sure actually what happened?" claimed Special Agent Biffo. "He somehow fell out of the vehicle, my colleague Agent Knuckles spent some time helping him up, then he got a bit tired, so I had a go and a few passersby also assisted..!"
Next question..?

Last edited:
As well as talking to the PM on this case today, 6PRs Liam Bartlett also talked to CEO and Founder of MiPerNet (Missing Persons Network) and retired Victorian Police Detective Sergeant Valentine Smith about it.

If they have CCTV footage and don't release it again (like the CSK) they're going to open themselves up to a lot of questions.

Also, a squealing fan belt sounds nothing like screeching tyres and I'd assume most campers would know that (stereotyping for sure, yes)
You would have to think if she was close enough to have her voice captured on the cctv that there would be some vision indicating what had occurred. Police obviously don’t want to alert the persons involved in fear they might panic and kill her (if she wasn’t already) but at what point do you then throw all cards on the table and ask for public help on a specific car, person etc.

You would have to think if she was close enough to have her voice captured on the cctv that there would be some vision indicating what had occurred. Police obviously don’t want to alert the persons involved in fear they might panic and kill her (if she wasn’t already) but at what point do you then throw all cards on the table and ask for public help on a specific car, person etc.
Very good point!!!!

I would presume that at this stage police would be working from the perspective that Cleo is no longer alive. If they thought she was alive I think they’d release more information but they think she isn’t then I foresee them playing their cards closer to their chest so they can find AND build a case against someone.

It would be good if this secret AFP technology was some kind of live satelite feed, like google maps but live in real time. I wonder if they have anything like that

At least satellite images that update every hour or so, in a sparsely populated area it should make it easy to track down any cars on that highway

They heard her voice apparently, while they were setting up the camp. So she may have wandered closer to the camera during that time, or was yelling or shouting at the time. They didnt get her voice during the night, or they would know the precise time of the abduction.

We can guess they got nothing from that camera during the abduction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They heard her voice apparently, while they were setting up the camp. So she may have wandered closer to the camera during that time, or was yelling or shouting at the time. They didnt get her voice during the night, or they would know the precise time of the abduction.

Yes, and it was said that they didn’t have visual of her at the campsite so the CCTV mustn’t have been catching the actual tent area. Also think if they had vision or noise supporting abduction, that would have given them an obvious theory from the beginning and more info to work from. The way this is playing out isn’t consistent with them having that info.

They've got something that's enough for them to be sure her mother and stepfather weren't involved so I'm going to keep an open mind on that.
I have actually wondered if that if a phone app rhat shows they were asleep.

ETA: I think it is just the process of interviewing and examining things that has led them to that reasoning, but if it is something else I don’t think it’s footage showing evidence of an abduction.

They've got something that's enough for them to be sure her mother and stepfather weren't involved so I'm going to keep an open mind on that.
I reckon they just confirmed the girl was at the campsite the night before, the parents had no time to leave with the girl without being seen, interviews with the parents and hopefully DNA off the zipper/tent. Not to mention the sleeping bag that hasnt been found.

She may of wandered closer to the shack to look at the cartoon pictures/stickers which are above the door? If they go there regularly with her she might like looking at them when they're there. It wasn't her parents and Cleo's first camping trip, only the baby's first trip

Yes, and it was said that they didn’t have visual of her at the campsite so the CCTV mustn’t have been catching the actual tent area. Also think if they had vision or noise supporting abduction, that would have given them an obvious theory from the beginning and more info to work from. The way this is playing out isn’t consistent with them having that info.
I posted a pic a few pages ago that showed the camera is not pointing towards the tent at all.

Edit - Page 59

Last edited:
The AFP have greater access to the technology side of gathering information. It’s easier for them to access metadata, phone tower information etc. It could also be a human trafficking issue, but I’d assume that would have been canvassed from the beginning.

The AFP have oversight with pedophile activity investigations in Australia as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back