Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

How long before we see De Gooey join Dayne Beams in the “Celebrity” Big Brother House?

He had taken the first step and is in great condition according to the club. Of course they might be lying but that isn't DeGoey's fault.
Didn’t De Gooey volunteer to speak about his motivation to train harder and become a better player?

I am firmly of the view that actions speak louder than words. There was no need to pump tires or market anything. Just train hard if you are motivated, then achieve.

Your ignorance is showing. If saying something sexually suggestive to someone is a sex crime then even on that score the charges were dropped. Let's not try to make things appear worse than they are. Grabbing someone's bum without permission is uncouth, rude and should be called out and punished, but to call it a sex crime is again weakening the meaning of the words.

Public figures/celebrities in the past have had multiple false allegations made against them. Sexual assault is a terrible abuse of a person and should be punished but so should liars who destroy people's reputations. Two prominent Australian actors had their names and reputations dragged through the mud and in the headlines and both after exhaustive investigations and court cases were found not guilty. The damage has been done. Destroying a person's reputation and standing in a community is a heinous act.

I can only hope it never happens to you. It is too easy for angry, vengeful people to use this ploy given they retain anonymity while the accused has their name front and centre. It is obscenely unjust. The media is only too happy to accommodate allegations because they provide headlines and sell papers. Why can't the law make the publication of names forbidden until after the truth of the case has been decided? DeGoey might have been able to avoid all of this rage and finger pointing and that would be just if we discover he has no case to answer.

Not to get into a lengthy debate about this - but De Goey was accused of grabbing a woman's vagina - that is sexual assault.

He was accused of indecent assault a number of years ago. That is sexual assault.

It was not claimed it was a "harmless" pat on the bum.

False allegations of sexual assault, while absolute nightmare fuel, are exceptionally rare. As I said, how extraordinarily unlucky he must be to face TWO false accusations on opposite sides of the planet.

The woman in the US would not have known who he was, so to pull out the celebrity card as if she was just doing it because she knew he had the means to cough up some cash doesn't wash.

Edit: Corrected the title of the charge.

Last edited:

For me it’s even simpler. I back the club to make the right call, one way or the other. Their decision making will be based on a lot more info and considerations than I’ve got access to.

This is where I’m at. I don’t want JDG at the club, but if the club decides differently, I’ll accept that. Either way and whatever happens. The club has access to information we don’t have, which may or may not favour De Goey. They also have to balance the optics and commitments to sponsors and AFL programs.

I’ve said my bit - a few times:oops: - and am waiting to see what happens next.

Why can't the law make the publication of names forbidden until after the truth of the case has been decided?
Because secrecy and legal threats are what some people (generally rich and powerful) use to keep on offending and avoid prosecution. Jimmy Seville, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffery Epstein are all examples of rich and powerful people who avoided detection and it could be argued were protected by the system.

Last edited:
Why can't the law make the publication of names forbidden until after the truth of the case has been decided?

Short of totalitarian control of the media, I don’t think it’s possible to do that when the alleged offence has happened in a different jurisdiction.

But if the alleged offence has occurred in Australia then court imposed media suppression seems to be possible (Eg: George Pell)

Short of totalitarian control of the media, I don’t think it’s possible to do that when the alleged offence has happened in a different jurisdiction.

But if the alleged offence has occurred in Australia then court imposed media suppression seems to be possible (Eg: George Pell)
Something that's also possible in Australia is a media totally controlled by 2 aging megalomaniacs.

‘Whether he is guilty or not is obviously the most critical issue and determiner of his future with the club.

However, there is the second issue of JDG ending up in these situations repeatedly. It is not just bad luck. He is making decisions that end up where we are now. He may just be an innocent bystander but he is a bystander none-the-less. Why is he here gain?

It may not end his career, but it will impact on the dollars he earns and how good his career ultimately is.
I put it down to bad luck.
I mean, some people are just plain unlucky. The guy who sold CSL at $2, or said "Bitcoin??? That thing is a scam, so give me back my $1000 in cash!" at $100.

There's plenty of them.

Not to get into a lengthy debate about this - but De Goey was accused of grabbing a woman's vagina - that is sexual assault.

He was accused of rape a number of years ago. That is sexual assault.

False allegations of sexual assault, while absolute nightmare fuel, are exceptionally rare. As I said, how extraordinarily unlucky he must be to face TWO false accusations on opposite sides of the planet.

The woman in the US would not have known who he was, so to pull out the celebrity card as if she was just doing it because she knew he had the means to cough up some cash doesn't wash.
Was never charged with rape get your facts straight if you hate the bloke then hate him but don’t make s**t up that’s a big mistake to make buddy he was charged with indecent assault which by definition is sexual assault without rape and he was cleared of any wrong doing and police have to pay his bill so that clears him of all that BS but you want us to hold it against him 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest, regardless of the outcome Jordy makes some terrible decisions in life. We all stuff up from time to time but Jordy's list of poor decisions is long. these are just some we know about

- Drink driving
- Caught riding motobike without a helmet
- Breaks hand in a fight
- Makes upbulltish story about broken hand
- Finds himself at the wrong end of a SA allegation
- Flying to new york to party on an apparent training trip and going out with what seems like an absolute tool of a bloke
- Filming and posting about said trip when everyone over here have been in lockdown- read the room jordy
- Having his dad as a manager
- Having is brother in law as a manager
- Asking for 1 million year when you have done SFA for 7 years in the system
- Taking 9 years to work out you actually have to work your arse off and have a high level of fitness to be the elite player you think you are
- And last but in my opinion by far the worst decision he has ever made- Going on a few dates with the awful Jessika Power.

I reckon you can tell a lot about a man by the type of women he goes for. If the last line does not raise serious doubts about De Goeys decision making then I don't know what does!

Lets be honest, regardless of the outcome Jordy makes some terrible decisions in life. We all stuff up from time to time but Jordy's list of poor decisions is long. these are just some we know about

- Drink driving
- Caught riding motobike without a helmet
- Breaks hand in a fight
- Makes upbulltish story about broken hand
- Finds himself at the wrong end of a SA allegation
- Flying to new york to party on an apparent training trip and going out with what seems like an absolute tool of a bloke
- Filming and posting about said trip when everyone over here have been in lockdown- read the room jordy
- Having his dad as a manager
- Having is brother in law as a manager
- Asking for 1 million year when you have done SFA for 7 years in the system
- Taking 9 years to work out you actually have to work your arse off and have a high level of fitness to be the elite player you think you are
- And last but in my opinion by far the worst decision he has ever made- Going on a few dates with the awful Jessika Power.

I reckon you can tell a lot about a man by the type of women he goes for. If the last line does not raise serious doubts about De Goeys decision making then I don't know what does!
What's wrong Jessika Power?

Was never charged with rape get your facts straight if you hate the bloke then hate him but don’t make sh*t up that’s a big mistake to make buddy he was charged with indecent assault which by definition is sexual assault without rape and he was cleared of any wrong doing and police have to pay his bill so that clears him of all that BS but you want us to hold it against him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice run on sentence. Splitting hairs on sexual assault charges - they're sex crimes regardless and they're all horrible. The way you have worded your comment makes it sound like you don't think there's much serious about it.

Also, he wasn't cleared of wrongdoing. Charges being dropped is not being cleared. Being cleared is being found not guilty, but it didn't go to trial so he wasn't found not guilty.

Many sex crime charges don't go to trial because by their nature they are hard to prosecute. Physical evidence of sex crimes doesn't last through the years.

I'm merely saying he must be extraordinarily unlucky to find himself in a position of being accused of a sex crime twice in two different countries. Perhaps you should consider that he may not be such a great bloke just because he can play footy.

Nice run on sentence. Splitting hairs on sexual assault charges - they're sex crimes regardless and they're all horrible. The way you have worded your comment makes it sound like you don't think there's much serious about it.

Also, he wasn't cleared of wrongdoing. Charges being dropped is not being cleared. Being cleared is being found not guilty, but it didn't go to trial so he wasn't found not guilty.

Many sex crime charges don't go to trial because by their nature they are hard to prosecute. Physical evidence of sex crimes doesn't last through the years.

I'm merely saying he must be extraordinarily unlucky to find himself in a position of being accused of a sex crime twice in two different countries. Perhaps you should consider that he may not be such a great bloke just because he can play footy.
Lol * me. You are surely taking the piss. You accused the guy of being charged with rape and when someone points out how hopelessly wrong you are you try and take the moral high ground. It’s pathetic

I think we have to offer him a contract for 2023, otherwise he becomes a DFA instead of an RFA… right?

So we just offer him a minimum chips contract to cover ourselves.

He qualifies as an RFA regardless of whether there is a deal on the table in front of him or not.

This graphic (even though it was from last year) explains his options pretty well - basically if we refuse to delist him then he has to either move as an RFA (and we get compo), move via trade, or go to the draft.

The rules are set up so that an RFA can't just move to another club freely as a DFA, otherwise everyone would do that.

He was accused of rape a number of years ago. That is sexual assault.

Please show me links to the charge of rape against DeGoey. I never heard about a rape charge.

False accusations are not exceptionally rare. That is a myth. The fact that is it pushed by the MSM and governments yet I could find a lengthy list of false accusations with a quick google proves it is not rare. I just cited two Aussie celebrities from the last couple of years. I just read a book by a new Zealander who was falsely accused by a woman he had never met and this absurd allegation took over a year to be resolved and nearly drove him to the brink. He said every lawyer he spoke to said they have numerous cases like his all of the time. False accusers are almost never charged for lying because of some twisted logic which suggests it will make it harder for legitimate victims to be believed if such actions are punished or publicized. I have heard judges say this while the man whose life has been destroyed sits there like he is an added extra in the whole sage.

Surely every case is based on its individual merits. If a man is framed for murder and the set up is uncovered, the judge doesn't say to the perjurer, "Look, what you did was bad because future accusations of murder will be less likely to be believed now!

Lol fu** me. You are surely taking the piss. You accused the guy of being charged with rape and when someone points out how hopelessly wrong you are you try and take the moral high ground. It’s pathetic

Way to ignore literally everything else.

Two false accusations of sex crimes. Bloke surely must be one of the unluckiest SOBs in the world. When that dude who looks exactly like Jordan De Goey finally gets caught he'll have hell to pay!

Huh?

He's still up for assault. He could still do jail time in the US.

Unless they somehow spin him kicking a bloke while he's down into self defense, I'd argue he's far from out of the woods.
Is this an irrefutable fact that he kicked a guy when he was down? Have you seen it in a video or read a media report?

Why can't the law make the publication of names forbidden until after the truth of the case has been decided? DeGoey might have been able to avoid all of this rage and finger pointing and that would be just if we discover he has no case to answer.

Careful what you wish for Domus. s**t will still go viral on social media, without any more credible media source being able to debunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back