Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if you don't think Essendon were ever technically proven to be using PEDs, Hird oversaw a program that was at the very least incredibly negligent in it's administration and record keeping, and disregarded the health and safety of the players he was responsible for. Those players will never know some of the sh*t that was put into their bodies by people they trusted. That alone should be more than enough to prevent any club from ever looking at Hird in any senior role ever again.

Not to mention he never admitted any sort of responsibility. Had Hird owned up to it then the entire saga would have been over in a matter of months.

Voss? Second chance.
Buckley? Likely to get second chance.
Hird? If Voss has a second chance and Buckley has been talked about being more than likely to get a second chance... it's very possible Hird gets a second chance too!

Voss and Buckley werent drug cheats that Brough their club to the knees

It will never be. People don't forget these things. It's been such a relief not to have to see his smug face anywhere. They deserved to fail. Their timing was way off. If they'd done it now when injecting is the new normal then... I put him in the same catergory as someone like Fauci. You know, trying to profit from experimental drugs.

It will never be. People don't forget these things. It's been such a relief not to have to see his smug face anywhere. They deserved to fail. Their timing was way off. If they'd done it now when injecting is the new normal then... I put him in the same catergory as someone like Fauci. You know, trying to profit from experimental drugs.

Um, what? There is so much wrong with the highlighted passage I am not even sure where to begin.

A Covid vaccine is not a performance enhancing drug, a vaccine is also necessary to save lives and what Essendon was doing definitely was not that. Also to suggest Dr Fauci was advocating for the Covid vaccine because he stood to financially gain from it is extremely ignorant as well.

The signifier was experimental and I thought it was common knowledge that Fauci has increased his personal wealth by the promotion of them. That's why I drew the parallel. It might have been a long bow to draw.

The signifier was experimental and I thought it was common knowledge that Fauci has increased his personal wealth by the promotion of them. That's why I drew the parallel. It might have been a long bow to draw.

The Covid vaccines were and are some of the most researched vaccines in history.

Also prove your "common knowledge"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss and Bucks didn't over see systematic doping programs. No chance
Bit of a difference to being a sh*t coach compared to a drug pushing cheat wouldn't you say?

Oh, and he was a pretty sh*t coach too who achieved nothing worth writing about in terms of results.

I still don't get why Hird is scapegoated for that whole saga..? Firstly, it was Dank and Robinson who ran the fitness regime. Secondly, Dank and Robinson ran the same fitness regime when they were at Geelong.

The difference between Geelong and Essendon.. was Geelong won three premierships from their doping regime... both Geelong and Essendon players were given Thymosin Beta 4, except that peptide was banned in 2012.. hence why Essendon got whacked for using it, while Geelong were given the all clear!

His right hand man Shane Charter should get a second chance too.

The game needs more nutritional advisors who can find their way around the drug code. 🌈

No.

Within what, a year of being given the coaching job, he set up a deliberate and systematic doping system to inject the players with illegal and untested/experimental drugs (while telling them they were vitamins if you believe the players), which included pressuring the club doctor and effectively suppressing his health concerns over the program. he then dragged the club and the players through the mud with frivolous law suits to prevent any investigation to protect himself.

some 'mistakes' are for life.

Even if you don't think Essendon were ever technically proven to be using PEDs, Hird oversaw a program that was at the very least incredibly negligent in it's administration and record keeping, and disregarded the health and safety of the players he was responsible for. Those players will never know some of the sh*t that was put into their bodies by people they trusted. That alone should be more than enough to prevent any club from ever looking at Hird in any senior role ever again.

Much like my relationship with the Victorian state government........

Back