Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone saying it was stupid to play CCJ, Goldy and Xerri because it's 3 rucks....

...CCJ is clearly not a ruckman, been shoved out of the way TWICE by Cripps and had easy shots at goal against.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
As did goldy. Both lost 2 ruck contests each to Cripps. Rather convincingly too.

Something there with CCJ though. Presented. Showed some physicality too.

Thought he did okay tonight. I'm not sure he is our future #1 ruckman, but he does look like he could be a good forward who could provide support in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did a bit without doing a lot. Happy to see him ran again next week.

I did notice that we weren't able to convert a lot of our hitouts to clearances though.

Shockingly, a tall needed a bit of supply to start delivering on his strengths. I think he's far better forward than ruck, his contested marking was nice to see. Hopefully can start plucking those in out forward 50.
How about forward 20. How about playing to his strength, his bulk, height and the fact he can clunk them. How about not playing to his weakness, open field and in the ruck. How about not doing what the opposition would prefer. Not hard.

Good ruck and strong hands.

We have one here. Just needs continuity. The Xerri injury was kind of a blessing in disguise for CCJ.

If only Goldy was 28...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back