Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really exciting to see our improved ball movement and transition the last 2 weeks, albeit against weaker opposition.

Felt like rounds 4-6 in particular we were pretty stagnant and kicked long down the line a lot. Last 2 weeks, we've been looking for the short, 45 degree kicks to bring it inside the corridor or long switches to the opposite flank. This has then allowed us to get overlap run from behind to really get the ball moving quickly into our forward line, particularly from guys like Doc/Fisher/Saad/Williams.

We know the coaches and players have been working on transition...feels like we're seeing the next evolution of our side, after nailing the stoppage/contest work in the off-season and implementing a new defensive structure. The rate of improvement has been impressive.

Telecast did show Martin in the rooms during the third quarter. Moving slowly. Not sure it was a tear based on the no ice/no-one attending to him at the time. Suggest tightness based on my non medical training from a long way away and a five second non injury viewing. :p
Got some funny looks depositing that at the bank.

"rape" also has legitimacy in the language other than its best known definition.....

My mind didn't go to the sinister application of the word as it does with rape.

Also rape doesn't have any application in a footballing sense.

My point is I don't think the poster was being flippant and inappropriate with their language in this instance, that's all.

Last edited:
My mind didn't go to the sinister application of the word as it does with rape.

Also rape doesn't have any application in a footballing sense.

My point is I don't think the poster was being flippant and inappropriate with their language in this instance, that's all.
"molest" has no legitimacy in a footballing sense.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same.

You would expect at least one forward to benefit from 74 inside 50's

Charlie could have easily kicked 10.

Big H's knee looked very banged up - note the picture when he ends up sitting on the fence....

It wasn't Durdin/Owies day in terms of goals but I should add the mids (excluding King Crippa) need to hit the scoreboard more....

They're acclimatizing to their new position in the competition...it will take time!

Pester or harrass someone in an aggressive or persistent manner?

Would you have said Steven Baker or Craig Kelly did this?

Given the media have stopped focusing on him, does SOS still go to watch his son play footy? And has he stopped scowling?

SOS's face makes Weiters look like a melodramatic performer in an amateur theatre production...

Pester or harrass someone in an aggressive or persistent manner?

Would you have said Steven Baker or Craig Kelly did this?
"molest" and "rape" both carry horrible primary definitions today - plenty of other ways to describe footballer behaviour....

Coaches' Votes

10 - Charlie Curnow (CARL)
8 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 - Adam Cerra (CARL)
3 - Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 - Zac Fisher (CARL)
2 - Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
1 - Tom De Koning (CARL)

"molest" and "rape" both carry horrible primary definitions today - plenty of other ways to describe footballer behaviour....

I understand what you are saying. I was backing the original poster for a genuine and legitimate use. I don't see any secondary definition for rape that might apply on the football field.

I understand what you are saying. I was backing the original poster for a genuine and legitimate use. I don't see any secondary definition for rape that might apply on the football field.
I wanted to check it some years ago after offensive use of the word usually against umpires. You can check it yourself, it is there.

Pester or harassing. It has plenty of legitimacy in a footballing sense.

As harry was leading up to the ball, some would say the Adelaide defender did a great job of molesting him without being penalised

Back