Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have said "wore them like a glove", "scragged" or "grabbed". Something along those lines.

Yes. Completely legit. I keep saying that the poster was not in the wrong in saying what he said. That's my contention. I don't think they were being fast and loose with their usage, given the definition. Others not liking the other definitions of the word because of the more commonly used definition have a valid point. I just wasnt sure that everybody knew that there was another definition in the dictionary that was completely applicable to what he was suggesting, and wanted to make sure the poster wasn't being 'called out' for doing nothing wrong.

We can be quick to demonise around here.

I am re-watching the 3rd quarter. How good was Charlie in the buildup to JSOS’ goal to make the scores 13-10-88 to 5-5-35?

He beat two Crows in the air, the ball went to ground, Charlie picked it up and he incredibly finds himself in a ton of space for a pass to Cottrell. Amazing passage of play.

Pester or harassing. It has plenty of legitimacy in a footballing sense.

As harry was leading up to the ball, some would say the Adelaide defender did a great job of molesting him without being penalised

Please don't help. The point has been raised. I'm fine with the use of the word being banned because of the vastly different meanings of it. I just wanted to defend the poster who used it in this one instance.

Yep. Charlie BOG for mine. Crippa a very close 2nd. Maybe we take Crippa's dominance a tad for granted, i don't think so....but. He was great.

But Charlie took the pI55 out of the Cows (as i've been laughing at you calling them lol). He gets the nod just for that as well as the numbers he put up.

Cerra and Kanga were also terrific helping Crippa with the bull work.
Another perspective to consider is that last season there was no Charlie, injured Cripps, Hewett or Cerra. Four vital inclusions. Having said that, I would say that our new coaching panel Voss, Hanson, Clark and Hammill is also a driving factor in improvement.

6-2 and top 4... I can finally smell what we're cooking. It's tantalising to start considering finals. I was expecting improvement this year, but didn't dream we'd be in this position.

But... to keep a lid on it, here's the lid: We are 1-1 against teams in the top half of the ladder. We're 5-1 against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. While it might not have seemed so at the start of the year, our draw has been very friendly. Our remaining matches are 5 vs bottom half, 9 vs top half.

We'll probably need to go 7-7 or better to play finals from here on in, so we're a long way from home yet. No reason we shouldn't, but we can't be complacent.

Interesting contrast with 2020 when we went 50/50 against the good sides and had an open draw of bottom teams after the bye - this year is the first time since ever that we haven't choked a game like last night's

I reckon we don't need to use that m word. Just a thought .
Perhaps check the formal definition of the word. Can be used in a context other than what I'm guessing you are thinking.

Edit...just saw numerous mentions of the use of this particular word. The notion its use should be banned because some may not know it can be used in another context is...well, interesting. But whatevs (which is not a word).

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart: this ...

FSOs05GaQAEhLxo

FSOs0H6aUAAFQDZ

They are in the same area at times, but they seem to recognise when the other is in a better position and stay down.

A few of Curnows goals he stayed down and ended up roving to McKay's aerial contest. Smart play.
And that's one of the big differences between this year with Charlie vs last year with Levi: Chaz stayed down when it made sense, whereas Levi would have gone up and possibly taken some of our guys out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am re-watching the 3rd quarter. How good was Charlie in the buildup to JSOS’ goal to make the scores 13-10-88 to 5-5-35?

He beat two Crows in the air, the ball went to ground, Charlie picked it up and he incredibly finds himself in a ton of space for a pass to Cottrell. Amazing passage of play.
Exquisitely Superb.

46 games after being poorly developed and misused by a couple of coaches. He has a lot more to offer once he gets a bit more settled. He's just your favourite whipping boy in the side ATM.

He plays his role very well. Covers the ground and plays the true wing position. Uses the ball very well. Biggest issue is in the hotly contested situatuions, not in terms of his effort, more his decision making. But I'm sure that will improve with experience. Really should've been playing seniors the previous two years.

What I really like early in the game. Cows get a couple. We just werent the slightest bit undone by it. And everyone in the side was putting in. A few misjudgements and non focused kicks for goal is all that stopped us being well ahead at the first break.
What Voss said is there in that quarter already..... 'powerful'

Perhaps check the formal definition of the word. Can be used in a context other than what I'm guessing you are thinking.

Edit...just saw numerous mentions of the use of this particular word. The notion its use should be banned because some may not know it can be used in another context is...well, interesting. But whatevs (which is not a word).
Good point.

In watching the replay I had to wonder how big a Mums day lunch did Dwayne have. What the hell is body English? Apparently CC used it as well as having his defender in a blender.
might be a malapropism used on kath & kim for body language.....

I've probably been scarred by so many years of medicrity...and while it was an excellent win, I felt uneasy with that last quarter. Probably the wrong thing to focus on...hopefully I'll get over it some time in the next decade. I still find it frustrating how easily we can be opened up on the turnover. Granted they only kicked 10, but it just felt like each of those 10 was pretty easy.

Someone smack me in the chops please.
I was the same and commented on game day thread about our finish -- but cripps ripped that last ball from the centre we sent it forward and Charlie goaled -- said to me we still had some Water in the well ..
as for the turnover I get more frustrated how bad we are at kick ins executing and defending -- there was 27 centre bounces and 22 kick ins -- we are missing a huge opportunity on these kick ins . That doesn't include the kick in from out on the full ..

Back