Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed the smalls do a fair amount of blocking off the ball giving the big guys a chop out and clean run at the incoming ball. Makes it difficult to be front and centre
From what we see looks like owies and durdin job is to be small sized running - battering and tackling machines - create, save and run some more --
the guys from HF to wing and mid to swoop .. but hard to say much just watching TV ..
I don't think either are there to be Charlie Cameron or Tom Papley -- we bit old school big units kick goals everyone else comes along for the ride - use the cattle you have -- no one in the seconds will do what they do especially if we play our half forwards and wings as we are .. there position is purely off effort and will to compete every chance they get -- we just need to learn to move better for the rebound after owies durdin etc pressure the exit kick -- by years end we will put 150+ on the board .👍🏻

6-2 and top 4... I can finally smell what we're cooking. It's tantalising to start considering finals. I was expecting improvement this year, but didn't dream we'd be in this position.

But... to keep a lid on it, here's the lid: We are 1-1 against teams in the top half of the ladder. We're 5-1 against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. While it might not have seemed so at the start of the year, our draw has been very friendly. Our remaining matches are 5 vs bottom half, 9 vs top half.

We'll probably need to go 7-7 or better to play finals from here on in, so we're a long way from home yet. No reason we shouldn't, but we can't be complacent.

smells good...
It's called Pride...

Hmmm, Fisher equal 2nd with Durdin, behind Walsh for forward half pressure

Not bad for for a bloke playing the free role forward of centre and hitting the scoreboard more than our other small forwards
You know full well I'm referring to the game on the weekend, where he had 6 pressure acts total and 1 tackle. You also know how I feel about pressure acts as a stat when a player doesn't secure tackles or genuinely corral anyone. It's a junk stat if the definition is too loose.

No one is questioning Fisher's footy IQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the replay again and I don't think our last quarter was as bad as some people are making out.

Win was in the already in bag and they outscored us by 3 goals. I reckon we held up pretty well.

Can guarantee they copped a bit of a rocket after getting spanked in the third quarter, and came out to try and salvage a little pride.

Umpires started giving them a few soft frees - not completely unreasonable ones, but the kind that quite often get ignored - at least two of which gifted Himmelberg shots on goal which he converted. Meanwhile, it was open season on Harry down the other end.

And to their credit, they played a bit more aggressively through the middle and it paid off a couple of times.

But despite that, we didn't let up on our pressure either. We didn't go to sleep and cough up half our lead. We kept the intensity up, generated repeat entries a few times, just didn't convert as often as they did. One free kick to Harry, and one less free kick to Himmelberg, and that last quarter is basically a wash.

I just watched the replay again and I don't think our last quarter was as bad as some people are making out.

Win was in the already in bag and they outscored us by 3 goals. I reckon we held up pretty well.

As much as a lot of supporters want their team to really put the foot down and gain %, it's quite common for teams to not go quite as hard in the 4th when the game is won.

One thing I'd point out is our upcoming game vs GWS is our 3rd interstate trip in 6 weeks. After that, we have only a 5 day turnaround for the Sydney game. I'm happy for the boys to conserve a little bit of energy in this game, if it helps them even slightly for the next 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post in thread 'RND 8 - Carlton v Adelaide Game Day Discussion'
Game Day - RND 8 - Carlton v Adelaide Game Day Discussion
God I’m sick of your over the top BS!! Find me 1 post where I’ve potted Lochie before? Ever

I might’ve said he didn’t play particularly well but I’ve actually always backed him and think he brings plenty of what we lack

The fact is that he put in 3 piss poor efforts today that I saw and I’m allowed to say so. When I rewatch the game, if i can be bothered, I’ll actually record the 3 efforts, post them on here, and watch you try and refute them

Your constant rush to be offended is unseemly, and quite sad to be frank. The constant use of emotive language to describe the most mundane of things is tiresome

I apologise for putting this in here but I couldn’t reply elsewhere and wasn’t letting it slide

Took the gloss off a bloody good win for me, a very important one. The last 2 weeks were crucial both short and long term, it sets the bar for what we should be doing to these types of sides now

Our forward connection is getting better. Our mids are starting to push hard both ways. Young is looking good and gelling with Weiters, plus our gun group of running back flankers

Still lots of room to improve and at 6-2, that’s a bloody good thing

*2 big blokes up forward are going ok too…

FWIW I 100% agree - I had a similar experience.

The IGNORE button is your friend so you don’t have to read his/her self righteous assumptions.

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart: this ...

FSOs05GaQAEhLxo

FSOs0H6aUAAFQDZ
looks like a teenage terry from blue abroad!

Back