Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Or in your case underrate players

We are still a 11-13 win side, not a contender, at this stage, Our immediate needs to become a contender is another ruck/forward and or spine players and injecting more speed

All of which can be accomplished without trading out pieces we still need
And I think the thing separating us from top 4 this year is purely psychological.

I also think most of the pieces you're after are already on the list, which means we're going to lose some of them, so it might as well be at high value and on our own terms. Fisher and Setterfield are potentially excellent candidates that do not hurt our 22.

And I think the thing separating us from top 4 this year is purely psychological.

I also think most of the pieces you're after are already on the list, which means we're going to lose some of them, so it might as well be at high value and on our own terms. Fisher and Setterfield are potentially excellent candidates that do not hurt our 22.

No, the pieces I believe we need aren't on the list

Fisher won't be traded unless we get a ridiculously high offer or he wants out

Or in your case underrate players

We are still a 11-13 win side, not a contender, at this stage, Our immediate needs to become a contender is another ruck/forward and or spine players and injecting more speed

All of which can be accomplished without trading out pieces we still need

I would disagree.

The only two sides that are arguably, 'clearly' better are the Dees and to a lesser extent Brisbane.

The latter's injuries are starting to mount. If Neale was to go down, they'd fall off the pace rapidly.

Freo, the Swans - we'd be favourites against both in a Melbourne sited game....

We should only improve the rest of the season as the players gel and we'll get back in Hewett, Stocker, likely Marchbank and then Honey, Cuners....

6 from 8, 14 to go.

Win 7, there's 13.

No way we only win 7 from hereonin.

7 wins, 5 maybe....say we go 2/3 in those or worse 1-4.

So, 14 wins = on the cusp of top 4.

15 wins = top 4.

9 from 14? Very achievable!

GWS (up there) 50/50, starting favourites. No Phil Davis. Taylor (196) and Haynes (193) take on Chuck (192) and Harry (204).
Swans (here) 50/50
Pies (here) win
Bummers win
Tigers 50/50
Dockers (here) 50/50
Saints win
Eagles (Perth) win
Cats (MCG) 50/50
GWS (here) win
Crows (AO) win
Lions (Gabba) loss
Dees loss
Pies win

I would disagree.

The only two sides that are arguably, 'clearly' better are the Dees and to a lesser extent Brisbane.

The latter's injuries are starting to mount. If Neale was to go down, they'd fall off the pace rapidly.

Freo, the Swans - we'd be favourites against both in a Melbourne sited game....

We should only improve the rest of the season as the players gel and we'll get back in Hewett, Stocker, likely Marchbank and then Honey, Cuners....

6 from 8, 14 to go.

Win 7, there's 13.

No way we only win 7 from hereonin.

7 wins, 5 maybe....say we go 2/3 in those or worse 1-4.

So, 14 wins = on the cusp of top 4.

15 wins = top 4.

9 from 14? Very achievable!

GWS (up there) 50/50, starting favourites. No Phil Davis. Taylor (196) and Haynes (193) take on Chuck (192) and Harry (204).
Swans (here) 50/50
Pies (here) win
Bummers win
Tigers 50/50
Dockers (here) 50/50
Saints win
Eagles (Perth) win
Cats (MCG) 50/50
GWS (here) win
Crows (AO) win
Lions (Gabba) loss
Dees loss
Pies win

Think you missed the core of my post. Not saying we can't win more than 13 games, moreso what I believe we need to be A contender

Watch the fourth quarter again - we didn't rest on our laurels at all. Defensive workrate and pressure was still high, we were still taking the game on offensively. Adelaide won more of the contested ball, applied more pressure than previous quarters, and took some risky plays down the middle that paid off.
Also a few iffy free kicks helped.

Rewatching the game, it's really a bit revealing how often Jordan Lewis suggests a little mild cheating almost every time he opens his mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, the pieces I believe we need aren't on the list

Fisher won't be traded unless we get a ridiculously high offer or he wants out
I agree but to beg the question, who do we use as trade bait? At any rate, I think it's mainly Key position depth and a bit more explosiveness on the wings and flanks. The problem with our rucks is that they either lack durability or are forever developing. Personally, I have more faith in the slow-burn development of Mirkov as our eventual number 1 ruckman. On paper, TDK has hybrid ruck/forward written all over him but doesn't seem to play like it in practice.

I agree but to beg the question, who do we use as trade bait? At any rate, I think it's mainly Key position depth and a bit more explosiveness on the wings and flanks. The problem with our rucks is that they either lack durability or are forever developing. Personally, I have more faith in the slow-burn development of Mirkov as our eventual number 1 ruckman. On paper, TDK has hybrid ruck/forward written all over him but doesn't seem to play like it in practice.

Mostly draft picks and free agents.

While it wasn't ideal, what we got for SPS, got us Young and the are others out there of similar quality or better via OOC & FA

We have explosiveness in Honey, Cunners, Motlop, Philp, even the likes of Boyd, but they are mostly flankers

While it wasn't ideal, what we got for SPS, got us Young and the are others out there of similar quality or better via OOC & FA

We have explosiveness in Honey, Cunners, Motlop, Philp, even the likes of Boyd, but they are mostly flankers

Don't really need 'explosive' wingers anyway...they tend to be endurance beasts working up and down the ground.

Ed Langdon is arguably the best winger in the game right now and he is definitely not explosive. Ridiculous endurance and work rate though.

Don't really need 'explosive' wingers anyway...they tend to be endurance beasts working up and down the ground.

Ed Langdon is arguably the best winger in the game right now and he is definitely not explosive. Ridiculous endurance and work rate though.

I was leaning more to players on the fringe of stoppages, such as Zac Bailey types

^^^^^^^

Yeah, while disappointed at the return we got for SPS (although indifferent that he left), the fact we turned that into Young, who has been crucial for us, has turned out to be a genius stroke (maybe a bit of luck? 🙂).

Again, it shows that trades shouldn’t be assessed in isolation but as a part of the whole of the entire season’s trades/drafts.

Back