Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a long time poster and a s**t listener. But I’ve been told from a reliable source that Krispy Kreme doughnuts are overrated and paper straws are limp dicks.

Bring back plastic straws.

Thank you.
Who the * uses a straw?

Way I see it, he's a generational talent. His manager isn't doing his job if he told him to sign now, even if we were sitting in the top 4! A handful of games into his career, what would be a realistic contract offer from North??? Im guessing 4 years at 500k? (I have no clue). This time next year, would still get the same offer as a minimum. Throw in a few 30+ touch games and hit the scoreboard by the end of next season, and its not unreasonable to think clubs hanging 7 or close to 7 figures a year in front of him. We need to compete on intangibles, mateship, work environment, and make visible improvement and ensure everyone buys into the journey. The Hornet has certainly said all the right things publicly to date.

Said it before, id offer him $1m/ year x 10. Ive seen enough, he'll be worth that. We can front load to help with team success for him and us while both parties should be pretty damn happy.

Been told from a reliable heinz ketchup that JHF flew to Adelaide start of this week unannounced to catch up with mates for beers and has been dropped for this week. The “soreness” is a masquerade for it.

Anyone heard similar

I love JHF and think he is a future captain like many others, but people just need to calm down a bit.

Let’s look at the worst case scenario and it’s not that bad. If he wants out after two years it will mean two things.

1. He is gutless (I don’t think this is the case). What sort of player with his potential raises the white flag that quick. Spare me. Honestly better off without those sort of personalities.

2. We will get heavily compensated. He ain’t going for a packet of chips. We will end up with a host of picks/players and there is a silver-lining in that.

Let’s stop stewing over it. I am sure he will stay and if not, well then, good riddance. It will not define our great club, we’ve been through way, way worse.
Well said.

I'm 99% sure he'll re-sign and in the very unlikely chance that he doesn't, we'll be well compensated.

One player doesn't make a team - even if that player is bloody good.

I love JHF and think he is a future captain like many others, but people just need to calm down a bit.

Let’s look at the worst case scenario and it’s not that bad. If he wants out after two years it will mean two things.

1. He is gutless (I don’t think this is the case). What sort of player with his potential raises the white flag that quick. Spare me. Honestly better off without those sort of personalities.

2. We will get heavily compensated. He ain’t going for a packet of chips. We will end up with a host of picks/players and there is a silver-lining in that.

Let’s stop stewing over it. I am sure he will stay and if not, well then, good riddance. It will not define our great club, we’ve been through way, way worse.
You don't have to be gutless to be homesick. Nobody on this board knows this kid's journey, but I assuming there's a reason his biological father is never mentioned, and Fabian Francis always is

Been told from a reliable heinz ketchup that JHF flew to Adelaide start of this week unannounced to catch up with mates for beers and has been dropped for this week. The “soreness” is a masquerade for it.

Anyone heard similar
I am told he has already fronted the Leadership group a few weeks ago for being late to training after a night out.

I am told he has already fronted the Leadership group a few weeks ago for being late to training after a night out.
This and other posts on this board aren't great if true. Makes me feel very sad for him and us. Not an ideal situation for either party.

Unless he woke up in the back of a divvy van concealing condom full of rocks in his butt, it’s really none of our business.

he is an 18 year old kid, he will learn responsibilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This and other posts on this board aren't great if true. Makes me feel very sad for him and us. Not an ideal situation for either party.

Even if it is true, his interactions with Jy and Luke yesterday would indicate that there’s no lingering animosity.

Even if it is true, his interactions with Jy and Luke yesterday would indicate that there’s no lingering animosity.
Both of whom had minor off field transgressions and had to front the leadership groups themselves.

On footy classified last night they were saying the * picks 7,8 and 9 from last year haven't signed as yet.
I am very hopeful that when JHF talks about being loyal he means it.

I lot of talk that his Ben Williams is doing the right thing by holding off contract negotiations but I disagree. It just screams of me me me.

We have a pick 3 getting himself ready to come back into the side, a pick 4 who is ready to explode, a 23 year old tall forward averaging 2.5 goals a game in the worst side in the comp, the best full back in the league and we're about to get another top 3 draft pick.

If Jase wants to commit to us long term he should be signing now, to show the members, the staff and the other players there's light at the end of the tunnel.

If he's 100% committed to the club then signing now is in the clubs best interest. Holding out is in his interest only and he's only doing to take some cash off of other players. He's going to paid handsomely, we're not going to low ball him so he needs to commit.

I lot of talk that his Ben Williams is doing the right thing by holding off contract negotiations but I disagree. It just screams of me me me.

We have a pick 3 getting himself ready to come back into the side, a pick 4 who is ready to explode, a 23 year old tall forward averaging 2.5 goals a game in the worst side in the comp, the best full back in the league and we're about to get another top 3 draft pick.

If Jase wants to commit to us long term he should be signing now, to show the members, the staff and the other players there's light at the end of the tunnel.

If he's 100% committed to the club then signing now is in the clubs best interest. Holding out is in his interest only and he's only doing to take some cash off of other players. He's going to paid handsomely, we're not going to low ball him so he needs to commit.
Agree

I also agree.

It couldn’t be a money issue as we have cap space to burn and would be happily handing over some of it to lock him down long term.

As much as people want to spin it as a decision to maximise the money he gets paid, I would think the delay is for him to decide if he wants to remain long term?

He may well choose to stay, but he is going to have 17 other clubs in his ear promising the world and most of them would look pretty good when comparing to the rabble we are at the moment.

If some of these rumours are true about behavioural problems, he also needs to realise that just because he is talented that it doesn’t mean the rules don’t apply. As soon as you start making exceptions for one, then you are going down a slippery slope. I am only going off some of the posts that have been made, so they could be fabricated as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back