Preview Changes: R17 vs Hawthorn @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Would that be like looking at a player who had a lot of wins but weren’t a superstar?
Or would it be more like a player that gets it done in the home and away and then fails on the big stage?

Also would McLeod go up another rung had he won a brownlow would Aker go down?
Small moments in history make big difference imo.

No doubt, and sometimes its unfair.

Is Cotchin a better player because Jobe was stripped of his Brownlow?

Is Grant Grant less of a player because of the bullshit that got his Brownlow taken?

Yes he would, Noble would definitely pick that type of player
Kayne Turner is their equivalent. He's even in their leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player is one of 22, a coach is one of 1

Players only get some of the glory for playing in a winning flag (or only some of the blame for not playing in a winning flag)

Coaches get all the glory for a flag win (or all the blame for not winning one)

Players only get some of the glory for playing in a winning flag (or only some of the blame for not playing in a winning flag)

Like a goal keeper?

You seen the coaches box these days? We have a head coach, Forwards coach, Defensive coach, Ruck coach, Forwards Coach and 3 development coaches.

I am definitely in the minority here, but I have always found the discussion around coaching greatness fascinating. Have had many a discussion over who is the better NBA coach - Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich.

You seen the coaches box these days? We have a head coach, Forwards coach, Defensive coach, Ruck coach, Forwards Coach and 3 development coaches.
Who do they work under? Who directs and coordinates them?

Someone organises the coffees too

I am definitely in the minority here, but I have always found the discussion around coaching greatness fascinating. Have had many a discussion over who is the better NBA coach - Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich.
Count Me In Hands Up GIF by Progressive

I would like to be part of this discussion

Gary Ablett Snr
Tony Lockett
Jim Stynes
Tony Modra
Robert Harvey
Nick Riewoldt
Matthew Pavlich

Add Buckley to your list of good players. Here is my list of GREAT PLAYERS:

Dustin Martin
Andrew McLeod
Michael Voss
Wayne Carey
Leigh Mathews
Gary Ablet JNR
James Hird
Luke Hodge
Mark Riccuito

IF you don't have two flags - you just aint great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back