The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with the Swans win. Seals top spot and with that a Sat Night QF. Infinitely better than trying to get to the Fri Night QF.
Have they locked in what order the games will be? If we hold second the new stadium next to the SCG opens with a sell out on the Friday, then has a Wallabies game the Saturday night which will also be packed.

If we hold second a home final either of those days would be nightmare to get to. Would have to think we’d be the Thursday or Sunday if at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still very firmly on the wavelength that Clarko isn't guaranteed success at wherever he goes next.

You'd absolutely want to land him but turning around clubs that tend to have a losing mentality/culture (Carlton, North, Essendon etc) is no simple task.

For example, I don't think McRae could've done what he's done at Collingwood, with Carlton this year.

Why sack him with one game to go?
Because the club is run by ******* morons who are so desperately obsessed with immediate success they will jump at any sign that we won't win the flag next year.

Also probably related to the President change about to happen.

the funniest outcome here is Clarko still going to North yeah? Imagine if they sacked Rutten only to get turned down by him.

This would be the ideal outcome for sure

Because the club is run by ******* morons who are so desperately obsessed with immediate success they will jump at any sign that we won't win the flag next year.

Also probably related to the President change about to happen.
So a shocking call in your mind?

Would you have given him the flick? If so, would you have waited a bit longer?

Because North are about to sign Clarkson and they're trying to get him.
Pardon my ignorance but club rivalries aren't as big in AFL right?

Eg Poch would never coach Arsenal or Barca etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back