Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Guys can I just wholeheartedly apologise for my celebration post on this thread.

As soon as I heard the news I jumped on Tapatalk and hit reply saying “BIG CLUB” thinking I was posting on the North board.

Having been in your shoes numerous times lately, I would never rub your noses in it. I live in Essendon, most of my mates barrack for Essendon and I’m not going to say I love your club but I have a lot of respect for it.

While on one hand I respect the board's willingness to attempt a heist, I do wish they had looked at, say, Riffifi and The Asphalt Jungle as opposed to, say, the Pink Panther movies.

If the club now attempts to fashion some kind of world where they're backing in Rutten we've reached a new low for abject stupidity and malpractice. Well, at least, in this decade anyway.

It's only two years in, so I can't wait to see how they top this in the next eight!

If anything, Rutten’s conduct the last week makes me want Rutten to coach more. I just don’t believe the club deserves someone like him.
I like Rutten too, but with Dodo and other the cemented incumbents still there and an entitled, pick-and-choose playing list devoid of hunger and leadership, his chances of success are slim to none

No I will seriously be done with AFL if Hird comes back and coaches.

Screw it...let him do it. I want the AFL to burn.

You do realise the factor that got Clarkson across the line was the AFL? They had a huge hand in all of this. Likely involving some kind of Tasmanian transition, which would be a huge mistake. That state deserves its own, new club...not some tin rattling crap bag of an organisation like Norf.

AFL are crooks. The competition is a farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, north was the easy option for clarko. No scrutiny, no supporters, no one actually cares if they win or lose. Essendon would be a tough gig, all it says to me is he doesnt have the heart or stomach for a big job. Think north was the right choice for him
You voted Wellman on the board didn't you?

Sorry to intrude, but I would not blame Truck whatsoever if he decided to quit at his presser today. To be thrown under the bus for no reason is just crap. He should force them to pay out every single cent left on his deal

Totally agree. I'd do the same.

The only way to save this is for Campbell to step down amongst others. He can be the fall guy, as he damn well should be.

Brasher needs to go immediately as well.

Guys can I just wholeheartedly apologise for my celebration post on this thread.

As soon as I heard the news I jumped on Tapatalk and hit reply saying “BIG CLUB” thinking I was posting on the North board.

Having been in your shoes numerous times lately, I would never rub your noses in it. I live in Essendon, most of my mates barrack for Essendon and I’m not going to say I love your club but I have a lot of respect for it.

Well this just seems silly.

My old man’s a Dons supporter and he said, why would a coach want to go to a club that treats it’s coach with such disrespect. I hope you guys get it together, my old man’s almost done with it all.

Truck’s the man and I was devastated he left the Tigers, he’s such a great people person and pretty much created our premiership backline.

It took Dimma years to even get us competitive, but our board stuck fat, that’s the problem at Essendon, you need a stable board. Which I’m sure you all know.

Good luck.

Don't fib, not even we have respect for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back