Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Dont know much about Welsh's business background, is he actually knowledgeable or was he dealt a lucky hand being an ex footy player with connections?

He's rolling in it.
Was it through commercial acumen or just knowing the right people because of footy?....I guess you could say that about alot of execs though, going to the right school/having the right parents etc.
And I do think its better to have people that have both the sport and the business background in charge, not guys like Xavier who just had the business background.

Was it through commercial acumen or just knowing the right people because of footy?....I guess you could say that about alot of execs though, going to the right school/having the right parents etc.
And I do think its better to have people that have both the sport and the business background in charge, not guys like Xavier who just had the business background.
No he's legit. Much more than just another footy player starting a T shirt company and getting someone else to run it for you (see Buddy Franklin).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it was already done, this was always going to happen. The process you are watching is a way it’s always done to not show disrespect to a coach.

Sure thing.

70% of professional business life is about who you know.

you dont make it in business just because you are commercially smart.

I remember a really good quote from wall st banker i met once. "Better to spend big money on a golf membership than big money on a college degree"

You don’t just run a multi million $$ company / get into that position and grow a business while have no idea what you’re doing

Also welsh is in the board not ceo

You don’t just run a multi million $$ company / get into that position and grow a business while have no idea what you’re doing

Also welsh is in the board not ceo
He made is money in property development which over the last 20 years has more or less been a cheat code for instant riches (assuming you have a decent sum to begin with - something most footballers with a longish career would have no issue stumping up). I know through personal experience dealing with these types of people that you absolutely do not need any kind of business or commercial acumen to print money through property development.

He supposedly got his big break by getting into the Armstrong Creek area early before any of the rezoning took place, and I've heard rumours he got a bit of a tip off that it'd be a good spot to buy up tons of cheap farmland - Bomber and Dodo were involved in the same area.

He made is money in property development which over the last 20 years has more or less been a cheat code for instant riches (assuming you have a decent sum to begin with - something most footballers with a longish career would have no issue stumping up). I know through personal experience dealing with these types of people that you absolutely do not need any kind of business or commercial acumen to print money through property development.

He supposedly got his big break by getting into the Armstrong Creek area early before any of the rezoning took place, and I've heard rumours he got a bit of a tip off that it'd be a good spot to buy up tons of cheap farmland - Bomber and Dodo were involved in the same area.
I think he sets up those horrible shopping centres on the only through road of those horrible dead end housing estates. So you have a place designed as the only accessible option for people to shop and set up trade.

Would take mates in the right places, inside knowledge and a complete lack of scruples. So he probably has the tools we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back