Remove the Board of Directors

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

But good luck now Sheedy is in there. He would need to revolt and literally
take one for the team.

Connelly indicated he would be interested in joining a ticket. Said the Brasher lead 2020 internal review was a joke and lip service (he was consulted as were many others) - something I feared personally but was hopeful wasn't the case. If it's true then Brasher and co need to go.

I'd want to see who steps into the power vacuum.

That’s the thing - there can’t be a vacuum.

Unfortunately the only way to achieve a forced transition is with a unified alternate ticket.

We need Essendon’s untapped powerbrokers to ‘do’.

That’s the thing - there can’t be a vacuum.

Unfortunately the only way to achieve a forced transition is with a unified alternate ticket.

We need Essendon’s untapped powerbrokers to ‘do’.

Probably needs things to get so bad for probably an extended period for an alternate group to risk making a challenge. Their can be no doubt of losing.

It's almost like the reason they have stacked the board with past players and icons is to try and avoid exactly this.
Yes, but they can be trumped with an alternate ticket of past players:
  • James Hird
  • Mark Thompson
  • Dean Wallis
  • Jobe Watson
How could that possibly lose or go wrong?

Yes, but they can be trumped with an alternate ticket of past players:
  • James Hird
  • Mark Thompson
  • Dean Wallis
  • Jobe Watson
How could that possibly lose or go wrong?
Talk about a leadership vacuum, all of our better leaders are tainted by the saga. We'd have to go back a generation....

I agree in general but have no idea who would be good to replace them.

Sincere question (because it could sound sarcastic lol), do you have good alternatives in mind?

*in oath.

PM coming your way.

Talk about a leadership vacuum, all of our better leaders are tainted by the saga. We'd have to go back a generation....
Yeah joking aside (which is hard right now, I'm in a joking mood) if you had to pick past players to win an alternate ticket with players that aren't tainted and forgetting for the moment I hate that past players are required, then maybe:
  • Andrew Welsh
  • Matthew Lloyd (or Llyod in honour of B4L)
  • Gary O'Donnell
  • Michael Long
  • Jason Johnson
  • Gavin Wanganeen (if his son wasn't playing for us)
But even thinking about player filled tickets makes me sick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Nathan Lovett-Murray back, ever since all the players moved out of his house we have gone downhill.

Andrew Bogut too, big Essendon fan and has his head on straight!
Ben Simmons also a big fan and can teach the youth how to play with pride and resilience

We need Nathan Lovett-Murray back, ever since all the players moved out of his house we have gone downhill.

Andrew Bogut too, big Essendon fan and has his head on straight!
Ben Simmons also a big fan and can teach the youth how to play with pride and resilience

dont forget peter costello to run the coffers

If this happens i hope to not see any past essendon legends on the ticket.

A nice boring, conservative set of CVs of people who have run and transformed organisations please.

No sheeds, hird, lloyd, o'donnell, etc.
No one that comes in with an aura.
Clear messaging, accountability and sound decision making.

If this happens i hope to not see any past essendon legends on the ticket.

A nice boring, conservative set of CVs of people who have run and transformed organisations please.

No sheeds, hird, lloyd, o'donnell, etc.
No one that comes in with an aura.
Clear messaging, accountability and sound decision making.
Well you need someone on the board with football experience for the footy director role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back