Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
It's that time of year.

While it won't reflect the actualities, let's go all the way to the end of the order just so there's at least 3 selections per club (2 for Port Adelaide.)

If you want to play, nominate your team of preference.

Rules:

1. Trades have to be within AFL laws.
2. You have 8 hours between 8 am and 10 pm to pick, eg. If the last pick is taken at 8:30 pm, then you have until 2:30 the next day.

Adelaide = Yoda_
Brisbane = RedmanWasHere
Carlton = eDPS
Collingwood = Zach Package
Essendon = ydc55
Footscray = eth-dog
Fremantle = Vindicater
Geelong = Booplaz
Gold Coast = Zach Package
GWS Giants = Vindicater
Hawthorn = ant555
Melbourne = eDPS
North Melbourne = Hazardinho
Port Adelaide = eth-dog
Richmond = RedmanWasHere
St Kilda = Cup_o_Jobe
Sydney = ydc55
West Coast = doug85

Round 1
  1. North Melbourne: Harley Reid.
  2. Gold Coast: Jed Walter.
  3. North Melbourne: Zane Duursma.
  4. West Coast: Colby McKercher.
  5. Hawthorn: Daniel Curtin.
  6. Footscray: Nick Watson.
  7. Melbourne: Ryley Sanders.
  8. Gold Coast: Ethan Read.
  9. Greater Western Sydney: Nate Caddy.
  10. Geelong: Connor O'Sullivan.
  11. Footscray: Jordan Croft.
  12. Essendon: Darcy Wilson.
  13. Adelaide: James Leake.
  14. Melbourne: Caleb Windsor.
  15. Gold Coast: Jake Rogers.
  16. Hawthorn: Will McCabe.
  17. Sydney: Charlie Edwards.
  18. St Kilda: Ollie Murphy.
  19. Adelaide: Zane Zakostelsky.
  20. North Melbourne: Arie Schoenmaker.
  21. Greater Western Sydney: Riley Hardeman.
  22. West Coast: Archer Reid.
  23. West Coast: Koltyn Tholstrup.
  24. Collingwood: Harry Demattia.
  25. Adelaide: Mitch Edwards.
  26. Gold Coast: Will Graham.
  27. St Kilda: Lance Collard.
  28. Carlton: Phoenix Gothard.

Round 2.

29. North Melbourne: Luamon Lual.
  30. Geelong: Joel Freijah.
  31. Carlton: Archie Roberts.
  32. Richmond: Will Green.
  33. Brisbane Lions: Will Patton.
  34. Essendon: Ashton Moir.
  35. Collingwood: Taylor Goad.
  36. Fremantle: Koen Sanchez.
  37. Essendon: George Stevens.
  38. West Coast: Tew Jiath.
  39. Brisbane Lions: Cooper Trembath.
  40. Sydney: Caiden Cleary.
  41. St Kilda: Harvey Johnston.
  42. Richmond: Kane McAuliffe.
  43. Melbourne: Wil Dawson.
  44. Greater Western Sydney: Jack Delean.

Round 3.

45. Fremantle: Logan Morris.
  46. Brisbane Lions: Michael Rudd.
  47. St Kilda: Cooper Simpson.
  48. Sydney: Aiden O'Driscoll.
  49. Footscray: Clay Hall.
  50. North Melbourne: Reece Torrent.
  51. West Coast: Chad Wingard.
  52. Geelong: Angus Hastie.
  53. Essendon: Bodie Ryan.
  54. Hawthorn: Nathan Philactides.

Round 4.

55. Hawthorn: Luke Lloyd.
  56. Melbourne: Kynan Brown.
  57. North Melbourne: Jack Callinan.
  58. Richmond: Vigo Visentini.
  59. Richmond: Kobe Ryan.
  60. West Coast: Cooper Stephens.
  61. Footscray: Mutaz El Nour.
  62. Port Adelaide: Tom Anastosopoulos.
  63. Footscray: Lachlan Smith.
  64. Footscray: Brynn Teakle.
  65. Geelong: Ned Long.
  66. Carlton
  67. Collingwood: Kristian Ferronato.

Round 5

68. Port Adelaide: Patrick Snell. (To get us to 2 picks for Port Adelaide.)

Points chart is below.

23-png.1551637

Let's away.

P.s. let's also do a 1 round mock 2024 draft.

2024 round 1:

1 West Coast:
2 North Melbourne:
3 Hawthorn:
4 Gold Coast:
5 Fremantle:
6 Richmond:
7 Geelong:
8 Essendon:
9 Adelaide:
10 Gold Coast:
11 Sydney:
12 St Kilda:
13 Melbourne:
14 Fremantle:
15 GWS:
16 Carlton:
17 Brisbane:
18 Fremantle:
19 Sydney:
20 Gold Coast:

Last edited:

GWS select Jack Delean.

After adding Caddy and Hardeman, GWS finish off with some more X factor up forward.

Delean is a goal kicker and capable of taking a good mark. He can allow Green and others to move further up the field without losing the goal power.

GWS will pass all picks from now on.

Fremantle select Logan Morris.

Looking to add some more big bodies for the future. Fremantle select Morris who has shown good ability up forward but also due to his marking power could be an interceptor down back.

RedmanWasHere

ydc55 I'd like to offer pick 50 (North Melbourne) plus a future third round pick (North Melbourne) for your pick 48 and future third round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney select Aiden O’Driscoll 175cm 70kg Perth/ WA Winger/ Small Forward

Quick, line breaking player who makes things happen when he wins the football.
Is competitive and can win his own football and has the capacity to be damaging with his disposal.
is competitive in the air for his size and enjoys kicking a goal. if he was 182cm rather than 175cm he would go top 20.I have seen vision of him dunking a basketball which is spud Webb like and shows power and athleticism.

Sydney match bid for Caiden Cleary.
one of the steals of this draft if he goes this late. I would not be surprised if gws bid on him with their second selection.
Caiden is terrific on the inside and ultra competitive. He puts effort into his defensive game and is solid by hand and foot. Caiden can run all day but does not have breakaway speed. I think he begins his career as a small defender and then work his way into the midfield in time. Will not be a superstar but I could see him being 150 game player who carves a very solid career.

Ok that’s cool, I’m glad you didn’t pick the player I wanted.
Hall was on the radar but too much like Cleary and edwards
i strongly considered two Werribee boys as well
i have some time for Garcia and Lorenz and a couple of smokeys
however no selection should be made in hastie

Pick 49: Clay Hall (Peel Thunder, 189/87, Inside Midfielder).

When McAuliffe went 7 picks before this I was nervous that Hall wouldn't get to me but he's exactly the guy the Dogs need at this point in time. He can develop in the VFL whilst learning from guys like Libba and Bont.

Hazardinho

North Melbourne's 2023 AFL Draft Selection – Pick 50​

90b2e61cc98bee4e4610cec47f49187b8d8ef532-16x9-x0y248w2866h1612.jpg

Reece Torrent​

• Height: 184cm
  • Weight: 83kg
  • Date of Birth: 03-08-2005
  • Leagues: AFL U18 Championships

Player Profile:​

Reece Torrent emerges as an exciting selection in the 2023 AFL Draft, bringing a well-rounded skill set to North Melbourne. Standing at a solid 184cm and weighing 83kg, he has the physicality that bodes well for the rigors of AFL competition. Reece has honed his talents in the AFL U18 Championships, where he showcased his ability to impact games significantly.

Torrent is known for his athleticism, which is complemented by his commendable disposal efficiency, particularly under pressure. His versatility on the field allows him to adapt to various roles, making him a valuable and flexible asset. Reece's skills in contested situations stand out, demonstrating his readiness to engage in the heart of the action and his resilience in tight scenarios.

North Melbourne's Perspective:​

With the 50th pick, North Melbourne is proud to select Reece Torrent, a player who epitomizes the blend of skill, determination, and adaptability we value highly. His athletic profile and his prowess in both contested work and clean disposals make him an exciting addition to our list.

Reece represents the type of player who can thrive in our system, bringing both immediate impact and long-term potential. We're confident in his ability to develop into a key player for North Melbourne, contributing significantly to our team's dynamics and future success.

Looking Forward with Reece Torrent:​

We warmly welcome Reece Torrent to the North Melbourne Football Club. His arrival marks another step in our journey towards building a competitive, resilient, and skilled team. We look forward to seeing Reece don the royal blue and white and make his mark in the AFL.

Welcome to North Melbourne, Reece Torrent!​

Did I take your guy Hazardinho?
I was eyeing Joel Freijah, thinking he was still in play – a classic draft room mix-up on my end. His selection by Geelong flew under my radar.
However, it forced me to reassess on the talent still available. While Clay Hall was tempting due to his undeniable talent, I leaned towards addressing specific list needs over the best player available approach. It was a close call between Reece Torrent, Angus Hastie, Kade De La Rue, and Tarkyn O'Leary – each bringing unique attributes to the table. In the end, Reece Torrent's overall package, particularly his versatility and skill in contested situations, seemed like the perfect fit for North Melbourne's currently.

It's always interesting how one pick can set off a chain of re-evaluation and strategy shifts. Best of luck with your selection!

I was eyeing Joel Freijah, thinking he was still in play – a classic draft room mix-up on my end. His selection by Geelong flew under my radar.
However, it forced me to reassess on the talent still available. While Clay Hall was tempting due to his undeniable talent, I leaned towards addressing specific list needs over the best player available approach. It was a close call between Reece Torrent, Angus Hastie, Kade De La Rue, and Tarkyn O'Leary – each bringing unique attributes to the table. In the end, Reece Torrent's overall package, particularly his versatility and skill in contested situations, seemed like the perfect fit for North Melbourne's currently.

It's always interesting how one pick can set off a chain of re-evaluation and strategy shifts. Best of luck with your selection!
Shhh, one of those guys is someone I want later o.

West Coast take Chad Wingard.

Vindicater

Remove this Banner Ad

Back