Brad Scott - New Essendon Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Could not care who it was, just as long as it wasn’t you know who.
Happy New Year Reaction GIF

I really can't believe he gave up GM of the AFL though. Probably the most surprising part of this appointment.

Gilligan restructured the structure titles, so he was not GM of the level of Hocking, Lethlean and those in the past was and now the GM role is a level below an "Executive GM" role. Perhaps it points to the fact that Dillon has missed out on the CEO role?

What's the record for career seasons coached without a granny? He'll be commencing an 11th season at a second club. Wallace got 11 starts, Rats & Ken also entering their 11th. Surely someone out there has a 15+? Would Eade still make 17 if Plugger missed that point?

This is just too funny.

I heard on the radio this evening they were saying "Scott will lift standards and get the place back in shape". I laughed when I heard it. He got the boot from us because standards had slipped, training dropped, our skills were poor, we weren't fit, he had his favourites that he would always select week after week and didn't give the kids a go, the list goes on.

All I can say is, they are welcome to him. This will end in tears. Good times!
Why are you pretending like things got so much better once he left your joint, you’ve had two coaches go (soon to be 3) and appealed for a draft assistance package, which Scott himself decided your outcome funnily enough. Scott also had his hands tied with resources, with your recruiting team underperforming. At least you guys where competitive, when Scott got sacked, I’m sure he left you guys on a higher ladder position than what you guys have been the last three years.

I really can't believe he gave up GM of the AFL though. Probably the most surprising part of this appointment.

This is the least bit surprising.

Being a senior coach of an AFL club is a much better & rewarding job than an administrative role in the AFL.

The thrills, highs & lows are only matched by being a professional athlete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Rutten given enough Years/opportunity to prove he could coach at AFL level ?

Deserved at least one more year at least imo
His match day coaching was average as **** didnt move the magnets to change momentum during a game also became the easiest team to score against under his coaching

I think he was too young and not experienced enough for the top job yet needs to do a couple more years as an assistant imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back