Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty soft compared to what we normally say about each other.
That and polly wasnt playing vfl, he was sitting on the pine.......

But other than that your recent history has been more pleasent than ours, sheesh you nearly even had your record of biggest loss in a gf beaten this year.

We are a club that has not been able to land the big fish since Leigh Colbert came to us back when Pagan was coach. We can not be the club that can’t hold our high draft selections either, whatever we do from now we must win this trade no friggin win / win trades for JHF, it has to be something like

8,27 2023 first rounder and a player of some value, tbh I just don’t know what player we would want that would want to come

It would be easier for port to package a player and 8 to get us a lower first round pick this year from WC, GWS or *, and add 27 and next years first rounder to the deal

Nothing short of that will do
We don’t lose too many over the journey and the whole unable to land a big fish has been overblown. The big players we have missed have stayed at their clubs, not joined another club.

As for Horne-Francis I think he will be a star of the comp, but with his attitude he isn’t going to be a star with us.

I think the way his manager has handled this with such a late call, won’t do him any favours, so I have no issue with the club making any transition difficult.

If Port think they might get JHF for fair value, I think they might be disappointed considering the way this has gone down. This offer must have been in front of him for a while and the timing of the announcement is very convenient.

Normally clubs would be preparing these starting points of deals for weeks prior to trade week. I think they are hoping to catch us out here and trying to force us into a corner instead of giving time to Adelaide to try and come up with something.

Last edited:
Not much to say really.

Soft as * and a rat to boot. Leaving it until the eve of free agency is as piss weak as you can get imho.

We need to capitalise on this trade as much as possible. Absolutely bend PA over of they have been in his ear all season with an 800k x 4 offer

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm in the space now of fxck 'em. Butters and a 1st rd pick or he can sit out next year and then enter the PSD. I'd be proud of the club if we did this, ending up with nothing, over playing nice and compromising with Port.

How would the players at the club feel about the club taking nothing and setting themselves back 2-3 years?

I'm in the space now of fxck 'em. Butters and a 1st rd pick or he can sit out next year and then enter the PSD. I'd be proud of the club if we did this, ending up with nothing, over playing nice and compromising with Port.
I have no problem with the club playing hardball. No point bending over to this type of crap or you just set your club up to be walked over.

It might potentially campaigner us if we hold him to his contract, but it’s also going to campaigner him, his manager and Port.

I would have had more respect if he made the call at his exit interview instead of playing games by leaving it to the last minute.

I see another AFL rule change coming thanks to the NMFC. I’m thinking teams who lose drafted players inside of 3 years get access to any +24 yo on any list plus the extra salary cap to cater for the godfather contract offer. Subject to the AFL‘s secret herbs and spices stamp of approval of course. And naturally won’t come into effect until it doesn’t involve NM.

The easier route is 4 year contracts for 1st rounders. I believe it is 2+2(at the teams discretion) in the NBA. AFLPA want to be more American, they can suck on that one. I think it would solve some of the problems. Draftees would have to make peace with the fact they are spending a large amount of time away from home and will have to be prepared to put down roots rather than tread water. As much as I think you have a very low chance of keeping him if a deal doesnt get done this year, forcing him to stay for 4 years gives you plenty of time to turn it around, and he probably stays until at least FA then.

We don’t lose too many over the journey and the whole unable to land a big fish has been overblown. The big players we have missed have stayed at their clubs, not joined another club.

As for Horne-Francis I think he will be a star of the comp, but with his attitude he isn’t going to be a star with us.

I think the way his manager has handled this with such a late call, won’t do him any favours, so I have no issue with the club making any transition difficult.

If Port think they might get ji for fair value, I think they might be disappointed considering the way this has gone down. This offer must have been in front of him for a while and the timing of the announcement is very convenient. Normally clubs would be preparing these starting points of deals for weeks prior to trade week. I think they are hoping to catch us out here and trying to force us into a corner instead of giving time to Adelaide to try and come up with something.

I don’t think it would hurt us to ask Adelaide what they would offer us next year if we held him to his contract

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would the players at the club feel about the club taking nothing and setting themselves back 2-3 years?
Sometimes you have to draw a line and say, sorry but I’m not going to drop my trousers and grab my ankles.

If Jason, his Manager want to try and take advantage, then the club needs to take a stand.

Not much to say really.

Soft as * and a rat to boot. Leaving it until the eve of free agency is as piss weak as you can get imho.

We need to capitalise on this trade as much as possible. Absolutely bend PA over of they have been in his ear all season with an 800k x 4 offer

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s the thing that stinks here.

I think by leaving it to the last minute gives the club every right to say * you, if you go it’s on our terms.

I don’t think it would hurt us to ask Adelaide what they would offer us next year if we held him to his contract

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port are trying to jump this year knowing Adelaide are tied up with Rankine.

This has been very calculated and most likely in the works for quite a while.

I come in peace, genuinely would like to know what trade you think would be fair for both clubs, the snarky trades are just emotions which I can appreciate( thinking back to Ben Jacobs our first rounder who you got for free, which left me furious). I hope we compensate you guys appropriately but not over the top, 2 firsts imo is fair, possibly 2 first and a player like Bonner.

I come in peace, genuinely would like to know what trade you think would be fair for both clubs, the snarky trades are just emotions which I can appreciate( thinking back to Ben Jacobs our first rounder who you got for free, which left me furious). I hope we compensate you guys appropriately but not over the top, 2 firsts imo is fair, possibly 2 first and a player like Bonner.
The problem you guys have is you only have pick 8 and a future first that will prolly be worse than pick 8. That just wouldn't be enough for a contracted pick 1.

??? we didn't get him for free, we took him in the draft.

??? we didn't get him for free, we took him in the draft.
We also put an offer in front of Port which they rejected. The offer was the same pick that we drafted Jacobs with.

Difference here is that JHF is contracted, so if we don’t like the offer he stays

It’s then up to him if he wants to act like a little bitch or man up play out his contract and seek his trade the following year. By then Adelaide might be in a position to get in on the action, do Port want to take that risk?

Sometimes you have to draw a line and say, sorry but I’m not going to drop my trousers and grab my ankles.

If Jason, his Manager want to try and take advantage, then the club needs to take a stand.

Yeah, but don't you think this could trigger a mass exodus of players when they realise their club has given away the #1 pick for nothing? Players don't want to play for a losing team forever, they need hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back