Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Pick 2 (becomes pick 3) & 33 (or whatever is getting thrown around as steak knives)…

It’s pretty simple for me, what would it take to upgrade from pick 3 to pick 1?

Another first rounder or a good young player.

We were offered multiple first round picks for him last year. Why should we settle for less than that now? His value hasn't dropped, he's still the same player, and injury free.
We weren’t offered Pick 2 which is very valuable when you also have Pick 1. Allows us to control the draft and how it will pan out for other clubs.

Sinn, Bergman or Clark would also be good acquisitions for our list build.

I think some of the reporting around Rioli has missed the mark. If he is so motivated by contract value as stated then he carries a big risk with him (ala Bowes) and the heavy contract actually reduces his value rather than increasing it.

What this means is that if there is a 3 way trade between Port-North-West Coast, there is a very high chance the result comes out looking poor for the Eagles. Fair chance pick 2 is involved in this trade now.

What more would you guys need on top of pick 2 to walk away satisfactorily displeased?

Mate it’ll get done. Port will give North better than fair picks and the kid gets out of a club in turmoil that he doesn’t rate.
Gray - gone
Motlop - gone
Boak - 34
Dixon - 32
Jonas - 31
McKenzie - 30
Lycett - 30

So glad your mob are selling their future to us because that cliff is coming quick and we’ll be going past you while Kochie will be left holding Mummy’s boy‘s prick..

We weren’t offered Pick 2 which is very valuable when you also have Pick 1. Allows us to control the draft and how it will pan out for other clubs.

Sinn, Bergman or Clark would also be good acquisitions for our list build.
I still wouldn't do that. I'd rather an extra first round pick in next years draft which apparently is stronger.
Given how even the top 10 is this year, pick 2 isn't that much more valuable than pick 11.

Gray - gone
Motlop - gone
Boak - 34
Dixon - 32
Jonas - 31
McKenzie - 30
Lycett - 30

So glad your mob are selling their future to us because that cliff is coming quick and we’ll be going past you while Kochie will be left holding Mummy’s boy‘s prick..
The cliff isn’t that big - they didn’t even make finals.
Rozee mummies boy that didn’t want to go interstate
Judas the sook as above
Butters is their hardass and he’s 5’6
They’re a heartless bunch.

Geeze, hadn't read this thread all day and saw 30 new pages, thought something had happened. Instead, its just a bunch of Port supporters talking sh*t. Mods, surely its clear some of these posters have exhausted what little input they had, and are just rehashing troll points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FYI

'North Melbourne is in talks about a three-way deal which could secure the club pick two in return for Jason Horne-Francis.
In a big development on Wednesday, Port Adelaide, North and West Coast were discussing the key parts of a deal to send Horne-Francis and Junior Rioli to the Power and secure pick two for the Kangaroos.

It would see West Coast split its pick two in exchange for the Power’s pick eight and its future first-round draft pick.

However, the Eagles made clear on Wednesday night they would need more to go ahead with the deal, as they believe pick two is worth more than what Port and the Roos are prepared to offer up.

West Coast’s hard-line stance could see the arrangement fall over, meaning Horne-Francis may face an agonising wait until late in the trade period next week to find out whether his trade request will be granted.'

'professional BS artist' (quoting a previous PA poster in this thread) David Koch has put he and Kenny's stewardship of the club on the line for a petulant unprofessional thumb-sucker who looks up to Fabian Francis without having first gathered the capital in place to possibly get the contracted player's club to agree to trading him over.

A PR offensive had to be rolled out because of general positive bias towards North's potential requirements for what at least can be described as a betrayal by said Petulant child. Good to see some members of the football media expose themselves as advertorials (here's looking at you Mark Stevens although you are not alone)

For all the fart-sniffing media the football future of one egotistical TV gentleman and a coach that he keeps as an anchor on the club ship threatening to throw off whether it is attached to the ship or not is why we should hold this up until the last ten minutes.

This trade is now a referendum on Koch.

Hope we hold until the last ten minutes.

David Koch = the Smoker.

And no David, it’s not pronounced like posh but like sock, you ****.

I’ve done my research into the Bavarian origin of your name and perused the section about notable Kochs and you aren’t listed; a forgettable Koch if you will.

The fact that you keep getting likes from the Port flog demonstrates that your view is exactly what they're hoping we think.

I can live with a possible loss of value if it avoids us bending over this year. Anyway, there's just no basis for saying they will be the only ones chasing him in a year. It's simply not plausible. Depending upon what pans out, they might be one of 15 odd clubs who make an offer.

And we shouldn't be setting his value on him not wanting to be here, set his value on them trying to poach him from us. If they don't pay up, then bad luck son, you're with us for another year.
haha your first sentence is a very good point, so **** that, i agree with you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back