Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Port paid (overpaid?) more than their day 1 position. Port wilted.

8 and a future first was always overly ambitious.
We gave up 8, a future 1st, a future 2nd and a bunch of useless picks. Not bad for last years pick 1 and Rioli.

Really should of taken crows pick x2 top 5 picks and pick 14 last year.

Exactly, our draftees are your best players. North are back on top
Which one are you trading to us next year?

To be fair, getting pick 2 and 3 and then a late 1st (I hope) next year is a pretty good base to build from.

We gave up 8, a future 1st, a future 2nd and a bunch of useless picks. Not bad for last years pick 1 and Rioli.

Really should of taken crows pick x2 top 5 picks and pick 14 last year.

You should read the crows deal again.

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.

All jokes aside and all that’s been said on here the past week, massive respect to North as a club and Rawlings.

Many clubs in this situation would have flat out refused to engage from day 1. Instead it seems they remained open and willing to continue discussions until they got an offer they were happy with.

Respect to North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port paid (overpaid?) more than their day 1 position. Port wilted.

8 and a future first was always overly ambitious.
Port got an elite talent without having to give up any of their players. They have destroyed this trade, and fair play to them for pulling it off.

lol what?? Take the GWS 1 for 3 pick swap.

We got pick 2, future 1st (8), 40 & 43 for JHF and Freo's future 3rd.

How on earth is this bad??
So just take away you traded pick 1 for pick 3 and it's a good deal?

lol

A pretty reasonable deal that was always going to get done. Good effort by the clubs to get such a complex deal done.

Yeah not sure why there's a big pile on with North here. As long as they didn't want Cadman or whoever GWS take at pick 1, they still get their man, so they've extracted their second preference for this year's draft and Port's first pick in next year's for a kid that didn't want to be there. Think that's a win.

West Coast's seems ok as long as they can still grab their first preference at 8, which it seems like they will.

GWS looks like the losers - what did they give up on the end? But they get pick 1 which clearly they really wanted.

Finally does Brisbane sneakily win here too? Does GWS bid on Ashcroft? Does North? Could give them a little points discount.

Well it really cancels it out - if we were going to take Wardlaw or Sheezel at 1 and we get them at 3 then it is a non event.
Yeah if that is the plan then not a problem.

Plus you'll now get to cheer on the Dons against Port!!

Port got an elite talent without having to give up any of their players. They have destroyed this trade, and fair play to them for pulling it off.

What if JH-F struggles again next season and Port finish bottom 6 again (ish) ?

Probably unlikely, but still a possibility.

Not prepared to call Port big winners yet, that's why it's almost impossible to judge trades involving future picks until at least a year or two down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back